Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

NoneMoreNegative posted:

The end! No moral!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

You know, it occurred to me that Chuck Williams died (at age 100) back on December 5 and I don't think we ever did find out if he won the sapphic erotica contest and got to remain founder of Williams-Sonoma

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

I've always wondered if there is a pattern to the occasions where Roast Beef is wearing his tie-and-dress-shirt combo vs not wearing anything

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

"It's kind of like ... it's kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there, and the other player is there, and it's just the two of us, and I take the other player's money and don't send a cookbook, and I am the winner." ~ Chris Onstad

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

tripwood posted:

I do the oven fries and the nacho recipe very often, delicious.

But do you drink king piss along with it?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

By the way, are any of the previous eleven Achewood threads still out there anywhere? I tried a bunch of searches and archive dives and couldn't find anything.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Pat is my favorite character but that doesn't mean I'd hang out with him if he was a real guy.

What if he made you one of those really tempting promises he's known for, such as "E-mail me if you ever feel like doing something besides enjoying yourself!"?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Saoshyant posted:

Well, that answers the question on how Lyle would deal with Lemmy's death.

Still doesn't explain whether Drinkin' Island has a new mayor or not though

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Is this a good time to bring up my theory that Chris Onstad has been slowly transforming into Joe Don Baker?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Mark Twain describes him as "an exuberant river otter who asked in which room of our house Santa Claus was to be born"

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Internet networking nerds: still got a couple of weeks to write up an April Fool's Day RFC for Authenticution

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

I love that Pat is the insane guy that keeps calling the local radio show.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

The Sphinxster posted:

Barbers shouldn't make much money

Are you known for dropping the F-bomb on live radio?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

How does taint cream stack up against dog penis medicine as a sandwich spread?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Tarranon posted:

As follows "the organic grocery budget is the new Catholic indulgence" is one of the most important statements to be made in the salad days of the 2010s

Also that's one of those strips I always like wherein Ray gets some big wheeler-dealer on the phone just by calling up the operator and demanding it

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

You gotta do something really special to get Pat to shake his junk at you in greeting

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Countblanc posted:

Beef being ripped from using a mouse always cracks me up

Also I like that he was already primed to be furious because of how jinkety-assed the media player software that came with Showbiz's trick soap camera is

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

head58 posted:

For sale: baby shoes. Kind of worn.

:golfclap:

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

For the amusement of those of you east of the Atlantic, here is how Stella Artois is marketed in the U.S.

It should be noted that Stella Artois wasn't widely introduced into the U.S. market until 2001, so it didn't have decades of baggage to overcome in branding itself here.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Sounds like a bunch of alive people with eggs and testicles to me

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

That fell through.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Ray always sounds in my head like a more grownup sounding Jason Mewes (like how Jason Mewes sounds nowadays vs. how he sounded in the 90s) because to me that's the voice of someone who was a sk8r d00d in the 80s and then grew up without really growing up

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

I love those two. The dad's "Son nooooooo" when his boy has no choice but to eat the nacho because he loves Wales so much is great.

Then a few strips later when Charley is about to introduce the blunt to Wales, the two of them are there going "wee-woo! wee-woo!" before Charley even starts the announcement

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

It's a shame Ray gave up on the Emergency Homeboys idea. I'd love to shoot the poo poo with "Garlic".

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

I don't care about the cookbook, I just want Onstad to tell us once and for all what the gently caress Pat was doing in the Freekeh-Chia comic

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Seriously what Tarranon said

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Probably smoking heated-up marijuana again, that Ray

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I think every single Pat blog contains at least one absolutely perfect sentence.

"Is it possible to find a contractor who won't pass judgment on a socio-homopolitical lifestyle?"

"'I hope it's expensive, because you can't return salami you put in your PANTS!' I yelled."

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Have FUN reading Achewood, dude.

Seriously, man. Have fun reading Achewood.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Lie Bot doesn't seem to be lying at all in that one

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

god drat do i love this arc

sure, it's the word equivalent of too much rich suet pudding, but compared to the 2016 era of drink-this-pint-of-sunflower-oil...

I think I pointed this out in this thread several months ago, but Chuck Williams finally turned 100 and then died, I guess because he knew his legacy was secure thanks to Téodor's ineptitude

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Hey, the dude has to deal with depression, breakup, and the fact that he's living in a world where saying things like "The only gay dude I'M marryin' is a dumb broad with a big veiny rack" is probably no longer disqualifying for a presidential campaign

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

I don't know why but my favorite "flashback to adolescence" Achewood was the one from eight years ago where Roast Beef accidentally grabs a Playgirl out of the skin-mag cabinet at Waldenbooks and the employee who catches him tries to be understanding about Beef's emerging homosexuality. I guess partly for the intensely awkward story and partly because one of the cover headlines on the Playgirl is Ten Things to Do.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Maybe he'll even be able to walk into the Handi✔️Rite grocery store instead of giving up and driving away

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Cartoonist, raconteur, weed guy, evolving Joe Don Baker lookalike: Chris Onstad is all of these and more

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Well sure except

Chris Onstad posted:

I have the sincere feeling that I won't be able to stay away from Achewood forever. The itch occurs every few years. I do not promise that it is over, in any capacity. But I am going to go quiet for a while and refresh my perspective.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

pat posted:

achewood was a spectacular comic

Yeah but I hear that Onstad's artisanal soda tastes like dog penis medicine

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

RandomFerret posted:

That is an antique midcentury modern sectional with the original fabric and it is in FANTASTIC CONDITION.

You diss my couch you eat me out

Is it the kind with the li'l slanted wooden legs?