Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Ubik posted:

One of my friends just posted a picture of a bottle of Blue Label next to a half-eaten slice of pizza and an empty beer glass on her Facebook. It begs for an Achewood reference, but I really don't know what.

Other than "You can do whatever you want in life," of course.

THIS IS totally WONDERFUL!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
in light of the last update i think there is one question we should all be asking ourselves.

is ray going to do a urine in the caddie?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Lurdiak posted:

If we can accept a fat, classist, sexist, flakey rich guy who looks up to donald trump and has absolutely no moral fibre to speak of as a likeable protagonist and good friend, we can accept his violent bully polygamist of an absent father as an inspiring figure.

Donald Trump...making love to...female-genitals Donald Trump. The power plant at the center of a perfect universe.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
It's been a week and a half. This most recent batch of comics followed an unannounced yearlong hiatus. It sucks that onstad isn't communicating but hardly time to write an obituary.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Achewood Thread 13: Life Is Never Neat; Life Is Always Bad.

According to the site, "Next comic expected to complete over the weekend. Thanks for your patience."

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
"You've made an old homosexual very happy tonight" was a pretty great line.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Johnny Aztec posted:

Didn't he already give up on that craft soda thing? I thought someone posted something about that.

Because he's got depression

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Achewood was good, until it wasn't. Imho

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
There's a new strip.

It's so nice to have achewood back :)

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
the fat hungry one

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Herb Alpert is good actually.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
This might be a bit controversial, but hell, I'm going to say it anyway.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=11072006

This is a Top 5 All Time achewood.

E In case you were wondering (you were) here is the rest of the Top 5, in no specific order.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07112005
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10242007
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07092004
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08132003

Ray's Bed is a Top 5 Achewood Location.

E2: If you're feeling sexy you can sub in this one for the last one above.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12042006

I will brook no further discussion on this matter, good day.

Bismack Billabongo fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jan 12, 2016

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

This is the first one I have liked in this latest batch. rip Charles brown.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I made some galaxy nachos and they were good. I would like it if there was a new cookbook.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
These last few strips have been real bad and dumb. Achewood is dead again.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
This one was cool, and good.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
You can't bugger a child online, not even with Flash.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Updates sliding.........rip achewood, imho.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

12/24/15 - 5/27/16

RIP The often-very-decent new achewood. We hardly knew ye

Im just saying the last time onstad pushed back an update for Reasons we got the conclusion of the penny arc

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Ray stopped partying. He just doesn't subscribe to society's covenant re: proper hours.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04192009

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Molly is onstads wife. Molly leaving beef is canon.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Bongo Bill posted:

The Anarchist's ****book

The Anarchist's Cuckbook

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
There's a new comic. Unfortunately, Teodor is in it.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Chickenwalker posted:

Have you read the strip? He was always a weed guy.

Actually have YOU ever read the strip, onstad was a selfloathing alcoholic and now he's a guy wearing a NORML shirt and talking about his vape rig.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Do you think when Onstad goes out to eat he throws a big fit if somebody tells him he isn't allowed to vape inside the restaurant.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
It's fun to imagine entries from modern Teodor's blog as being Onstad's personal blogs.

quote:

Perhaps late one quiet fall night I'll be on the couch, reading, with the window open, and I'll hear the faintest strains of live music coming out of a neighbor's garage. I'll walk over, surprised and excited by my boldness, and out of their little window they'll see me looking in from the sidewalk. An unused guitar will be leaning against an amp cabinet, and they'll wave me in. I'll strap it on while they vamp, and lift my pick between thumb and forefinger, and then, suddenly, those many decades I spent practicing the first ten seconds of Greensleeves and La Bamba will all have been worth it.

quote:

I won’t lie to you, it had been some time since I’d seen action of any sort, so my sad little body was going into overdrive with the juices and hormones (are hormones juices? Or are they, like, thin clear serums? I honestly don’t know, but I’m going with thin clear serums, on a hunch) it was creating around the idea of this horny woman. And since when are women overtly horny? Yeah, yeah, I’ve heard girls say that they’re just as horny as men, that they practice blowing carrots in the bathroom at the mall and all that, but really, now. Until a woman can convince me that she has masturbated using an old velvet cloche with some rubber bands holding it closed—while desperately trying to tickle her taint with a feather-haired pencil-topper she’s affixed to a chair leg with twist-tie—no dice. Bonus points if she can say she actually went to Goodwill with the express intent of buying this stuff, after thinking the design through, for the scandalous purposes heretofore described. For me these scenarios are usually ad hoc, but women are said to be more cerebral about sex.

onstad.txt

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

quote:

Oh, I forgot to mention that she’d left a napkin in the toilet. It had balloons on it. There weren’t any napkins with balloons on them at the party. Did she have a kid? And who leaves a napkin in the toilet after flushing? Maybe she’d been picking her nose with it after the fact, or doing one of those secret things ladies do in bathrooms, like wiping her makeup around to make better cheekbones, or hiding the hole where the little alien baby wriggles its hand out. I tucked that one away.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Onstad should be ashamed of himself. For writing reasons

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Happy to see all my pissing and moaning about Weed Guy Onstad has been completely justified. It's cool that he went from being an alcoholic to a guy who can't stop talking about weed though

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The one where Lyle tries to con T into thinking he threw away Todd is a classic.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Phillipe is five.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Vesi posted:

What do we know about Philippe's father? Was it in the blogs since I don't remember anything in the comics?

He's dead.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I tried gusano rojo last night.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
It tastes like liquid smoke.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Ray is down on his subscription to Polack Laffs.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Dude, your oven fries make me feel like Mrs. John Lithgow!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
No Context Achewood posted the Double Music panel the other day and I can confidently say that The Todd Show is one of the three best, seated comfortably behind the Toilet Party and Goth Lil Nephew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
R.A.D.C.H.I.L.I.E.S.