Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

High Lord Elbow posted:

To be fair, I quietly seethe at most of those things.

And when a waiter asks "Are we ready to order?" I decimate his tip. Unless you're going to sit down and eat with us, don't talk to us like we're toddlers.

Oh god, I'm Pat.

Hey look! This guy has never worked retail!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

TheWhiteNightmare posted:

you say that like it's a bad thing

* shits on people working hard and making less than minimum wage *

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

prefect posted:

I'm with Beef. gently caress Harvard. :colbert:

All sociology studies belong in the trash can.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Shibawanko posted:

Americans don't understand beer.

The American craft brew scene is a billion times better than anything I've seen in Europe.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

"Would you like light or dark?" - European bars, everywhere

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I buy tonic syrup because I only need enough for one drink. A whole can of soda would be too much and go flat/bad.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Hey look, it's the worst running gag in the series.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Beef strikes me as the kind of programmer who still uses Windows Notepad.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

I love that final panel. I must admit like an idiot I didn't connect the dots for the first half of the comic that the final story was always about the same person.

It's something of a pattern for Showbiz.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

You sent me on a trip through that story-arc, thank you :)

"You god damned entree-wanting organism" loving kills me.

I love when people link strips so I can get lost in an arc for an hour.

Teodor's behavior during the wedding arc gives me conniptions.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Speaking of too close to home, Ray runs for president.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Yes, yes, but how was this strip's voice?

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

High Lord Elbow posted:

In my day people who needed a place where they could be protected from hearing opinions with which they disagreed would have been uniformly mocked at somethingawful dot com.

I am calling all millennials ridiculous pussies.

How much edgier could this be? None more edgy

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

MikeCrotch posted:

Teodor did *not* in fact know that Airwolf was faster than any jet.

The gently caress did you do in GWS?

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I always wondered what Roast Beef is writing down when Ray is prank calling other cartoons.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07312008

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

You are the first person to post the word "cookbook" in this thread since this post:

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

You are the first person to post the word "cookbook" in this thread since December.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Mommy? I'm in trouble. I made a... a really bad choice.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Do you think that it is rad to have alcoholism Ray

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

The Something Awful Forums > Post Your Favorite (or Request) > I need a picture of the guys from Steely Dan where one of them is from America's Test Kitchen and the other one has been interrupted from a phone call where he was trading Russian teenagers for diamonds.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

PantsOptional posted:

Going to their show next to Smith College instantly flipped me from liking the show to never listening to it ever again. I couldn't tell what was worse, the audience or the live show itself.

Yeah, the two part live show episodes around episode 50 are where we checked out.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

MikeCrotch posted:

Nice erasure of Vlad and the other robots, rear end in a top hat

Cross stitch wall hanging, "Until you are so nude."

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Amazon is a terrible place to buy rare things. Go for ebay or independent booksellers or even fansites, if such a thing exists for achewood today.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Sometimes two stoned dudes on a rooftop just don't rhyme right.

Also in that comic, it's fun to notice when characters switch from thinking their internal monologues to speaking them out loud. I always notice it in this one. I imagine watching Ray pacing silently back and forth and then exclaiming two nonsequiturs to no one and it cracks me up.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Dude!

Have you heard of Seka?

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Hey, don't joke. You get a lineup of dudes pissing into empties, you call me. I'm serious.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Pakled posted:

Ah, do you run that site? For what it's worth, I'd consider it the best extant mobile achewood viewer if you made it so tapping the comic takes you to the next comic instead of to the official site.

This is the thing that baffles me most about the official site. Clicking on the comic brings you to...... the same comic. What? Why even put in the effort to do that?

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah I actually considered doing that for the nachos, but I figured it'd add an unnecessary point of failure to a first time recipe. I'll definitely try to make my own at some point.

It's cheating, but frying and mashing up a can of beans with a couple dashes of cumin, cayenne, and salt is good enough and takes like five minutes.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Oh dang I ain't seen Mr. Wheels in basically forever.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Wait the random thinger didn't hit a bunch of strips? drat, I bet there's a bunch of Achewood I haven't read in ages, I always just hit the random button.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

The first time I read through Achewood, I skipped the super wordy ones, and going back through the second time the Philippe newspapers were fresh and delightful.

If you swallow pop rocks and coke at the same time you won't actually die. I know what I'm doing this afternoon!

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I wonder what Paul Stanley of KISS thought of Todd's performance.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I am deeply embarrassed to admit I had to Google why Todd's answer is wrong.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

He Gets With Ladies
But In The End They
Do Not Like Him!

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

That cool website by a goon for reading Achewood is dead :(

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Does he know how much VOLUME I do?!

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

The last comic in the "two stoned nincompoops in a Volvo" arc is always a treat: http://achewood.com/index.php?date=06062005

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Oooh these knives!

I think my heart's explodin'! THESE KNIVES!

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Looks like it's being published by Oni Press. Their website has links to several retailers, if you don't like giving money to Amazon: https://onipress.com/pages/achewood

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Angry_Ed posted:

That and any time he finds Ray fall-down, passed-out drunk.

Things ain't never the same once you've seen another dude's stew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

PYF eco-telligent best-stitute.

Forget what you know about craveless nori!