Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
This is minor, but in the Firefox version you could pick your own images for the mark unread/jump to last read links. Any chance of that option making its way over eventually?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Well, thanks for that. I tried unzipping the thing and swapping out the images I wanted, but chrome came up with the incredibly helpful error "bad magic number" when I went to install it. :v:

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

If possible, I'd like an option to move the number of unread posts over by the buttons like so:

This is a nice hybrid between the built-in display on the forums and the current SALR'd display, I think. I personally prefer the buttons to the gray box, but hate looking over to the right for the number of new posts.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Bug/feature request: when you click the ? under a user's avatar to filter the thread to just their posts, the next/previous page widget doesn't remember the little "&userid=12345" when going to the next/previous page, so you end up in the unfiltered thread again. Minor thing but eh.

Also, it occasionally does this:

Javid fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Nov 6, 2009

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

E: Fixed itself while I typed this, ignore

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

What can it hurt? There are extensions for goon project sites on there already. Worst cast it's a worthless chunk of code for a non-goon.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Did the "open all unread threads" button in the control panel disappear or did I just screw something up on my end?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I just reinstalled the extension, the other stuff is rendering so it's not a case of something taking too long to load. Weird.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Javid posted:

Did the "open all unread threads" button in the control panel disappear or did I just screw something up on my end?

Still happening after the latest version. 5.0.396.0 on Vista.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

e: nevermind

Javid fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Sep 12, 2010

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Would it be possible for it to prevent image loading in already-read posts? Would make catching up in pic threads a lot easier.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Hiding them would work. Or just collapsing all the previously read posts - this is how the iphone app does it.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Oh hey, that does exactly what I wanted. :v:

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I'm on 1.5.3 and the replacement go to last/mark unread buttons aren't working in the user CP at all. Just started a couple hours ago.

e: actually as near as I can tell the entire extension is dead for me.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Nthing the magic self-replicating buttons. Clicking them still works so I'm less than upset about it.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

This is the kind of fire you play with when you auto-convert links to images.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Those are threads you have posted in since installing the extension (or updating it with that option or whatever)

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I don't know either. It's flaky for me too and I'll probably turn it off.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

It highlights SOME threads I've posted in, but not all of them. I don't see the point anyway since I don't generally follow threads I'm not participating in so eventually they'll all be highlighted.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Can we turn off the twitter bullshit so the extension doesn't need twitter permissions?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Would it be possible to get an option to remove the little platinum user grenade icon? Adblocking the image itself doesn't actually work for some reason.

This thing, in particular, which I think is new:

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I don't give a poo poo.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Thanks, anonymous coder!

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Would it be possible to not load, or at least hide, images in already-read posts? I've probably asked for this before.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I think that would apply to all images, not just those in read posts.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Flagrama posted:

It has a sub-setting to only affect read posts.

Brilliant. Thanks!

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

My forums font changed yesterday, too. Last time this happened it was a Chrome update loving up, but I haven't updated in a while.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Master_Odin posted:

There was talk of this in the Technical Thread but I'm not seeing it so I have no idea. Is this in a particular forum?

It changed back now. I don't know what the gently caress is going on.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Master_Odin posted:

Do you have what you'd like the font/size to be? I know next to nothing about this subject material so :v:

Whatever this is

If you can tell me how to harvest the font from the source I will post that info

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

When I get the ugly one again I'll try it. it seems to only be in some forums and I forget which ones.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Seconding "gently caress this font"; the old one was fine and had the advantage of not looking like complete poo poo

Still got a tab open with the non-poo poo font if any part of the source would be helpful

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Stop using old versions and Windows XP and turn DirectWrite back on.

Neither of these things has any relation to the new forums font being terrible.

Harmonica posted:

Can anyone do any better?

https://userstyles.org/styles/107628/sa-font-revert is supposed to work but it just changes the new lovely font to a different lovely font.

E: https://userstyles.org/styles/108256/don-t-know-but-i-tried works for at least the thread view but the font in the post view is still weird

Javid fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Dec 13, 2014

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

102kB of text is like, a lot. What the christ are you even putting in there?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Master_Odin posted:

No, not anymore. If you have the option disabled, now SA will do it for you. Even if you have it enabled SA is doing it. Hence it's going away (maybe I'll replace it with an option to disable embedding).

Fuzzy Mammal: Looking into this, I'm not sure SALR is the cause of the failure. What happens when you disable SALR and browse SA in normal browser mode? Do tweets embed correctly then?

I can't get tweets to convert to inline by any combination of settings or even disabling the extension, either. Is that still a thing the forums are supposed to do?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I'm starting to notice when I open a thread, the page auto-scrolls to a point way north of the first unread post, even with the "adjust position after page loads" option turned on.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Tends to happen in tweet-heavy threads, so yeah. Is this something that'll be fixed?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Anyone else getting this thing?

(the whitespace under the post)

I vaguely remember seeing other posts about it but I can't find any now, so wtf. It's happening on different machines running different versions of windows, if that matters at all. It does not appear (in this thread) in any post prior to that one, and does in every post since, but not the ones in reverse order on the reply page right now.

Fakeedit: I KNEW IT

Penis Vanguard posted:

The bottom of every single post looks like this for me. I'm guessing it has something to do with the font of everything being slightly larger/different (although I may be imagining the font being larger/different, not sure on that one yet).

Anyone figure out what's hosed since then?

Real E: Looking in other threads, it appears to have to do with the width of the date/time text in the post

Nov 9 doesn't wrap to a new line, but Nov 10 does, then Nov 11 doesn't. 10:07 wraps, 11:26 doesn't, 12:28 does. The fix is probably making that column ten pixels wider, or putting the buttons on the left closer together.

Javid fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Nov 16, 2017

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I have one to fix the fonts in threads, turning it off does make the white space go away but the font being wrong is actually more annoying, so :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Vykk.Draygo posted:

So just make td.postdate font-size smaller? It shouldn't affect everything else.

I tried that already and maybe I'm doing it wrong but it doesn't do poo poo.

So here's the only place I can find "postdate" in this css thing:

There's no size line so I steal one from elsewhere and edit the number:

I can set that to 10 or 500 and it doesn't actually DO anything.

• Locked thread