Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Video evidence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAsunHgIYps&hd=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Jack the Smack posted:

Been driving the speed limit for the last few days ever since.

Hell has frozen over.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

I think this fits in here better than the track days thread....

Video of yesterday when I saved a high side mid corner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4TFE81Ch5g&fmt=37

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

I don't know if it was throttle or dragging pegs. I was rolling on more throttle when it happened and I felt the rear lose all traction and catch again which bucked me. There was a control rider I was working with and he was following me when it happened. He said he would send me his video of it so I should know when I see that.

Ive got a worn BT-016 front and a very worn Dunlop Roadsmart on the rear on my SV650 (both have 4 track days and street wear on them however the Roadsmart was on there when I bought the bike and was told it was pretty new back in Sept09). This clip is how I ended my day. I lost my nerve after that and definitely need new tires before I go out again if only for that boost to my confidence in the bike.

It rained all morning, we had our first session at 1:30pm just a half hour after it stopped raining. Needless to say it was a little slick. Jefferson is a little bit of an odd track because it used to be used by law enforcement/military and the track dried too quickly for them to simulate wet situations so they poured peanut oil all over it. That same peanut oil still plagues the track years later.

schreibs fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Aug 16, 2010

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Mashed his rear too hard? You do realize the rear brake doesn't do poo poo right?

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

SlightlyMadman posted:

Oh great, I guess I can look forward to an increase in the rate of people lecturing me about how stupid my chosen hobby is. Because, you know, cars never crash.

People never get injured when cars crash.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Arcane posted:

Well someone out there must really love me....but really hates my vehicles. I rode to work today because it was a beautiful morning and I hadn't had time to ride my bike much. I get to work and everything is fine but see that my front fender has some scuff on it.

No worries. I may have just picked up dirt on the way to work. Had a good day at work. It was so beautiful I actually got to play outside with kids. I get ready to leave and gear up. About 4 miles away I feel my tires shaking. Then I see stuff flying off the front. There is a weird clacking noise. I get off the freeway as quickly as I can and park at a near by lot.
The fender looks a lot worse now.

I call my dad and lucky for me he's actually only a mile away. He meets up with me to check it out. He turns the wheel and I see this:

Yep. Maybe I should be dead. Lucky for me I'm not. My dad and I took the bike to the shop where I bought the tires. They will replace it at no cost. However my fender is pretty much done. These are new tires, less than 50 miles on them.

So how was everyone else's Thursday?

Christ what kind of tires were those? I'd sue the tire manufacturer for free tires for life. (which may be cut extremely short if you keep using them)

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Probably fell off the back of some other goon's car as he was driving to the home of a girl he likes.

Haha immediately thought of the episode of the Simpsons where Homer tries to send an S.O.S. fax as he drives off the end of the pier.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Just going to leave this gem here taken during my ride home from work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt7B2AkeWEw

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Ponies ate my Bagel posted:

Saw that coming, don't get into a space like that without a pre-planned out. If she'd have come over faster you'd be a greasy spot man. Glad she saw you, that barrier coming up could have been an issue.

Well I never trust vans or anything especially ones with chicks yapping on their cell phones but I added a few seconds before the ole dart over to show the van had plenty of space to merge gracefully cut off the car in front of me but chose instead, almost like it was magnetic, to attempt to ruin my day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

nsaP posted:

I find it annoying messing with my gopro on the times where I take it out to record something on purpose. I can't imagine doing that every ride.

Whats so hard about mounting it? I have mine setup to start recording as soon as its powered on so its only one button too.

• Locked thread