Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

dietcokefiend posted:

First time out on a bike I drove it down the block, did a terrible Y-turn at the end of the block and came back to my house. Tried to drive it up the driveway, panicked with the clutch and brake and managed to topple myself over on bushes in my front yard. Look over and my new neighbor is just watching me from his car 10 feet away.

Y turns are pretty hard to navigate I hear...

Content:
Had a front wheel washout in a patch of sand that a construction crew had kindly laid down in the path of the right turn lane. Scary stuff, even at 5-10MPH..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Technically, I didn't crash... But my brain decided to tell my my kickstand was down when it wasn't really. 3 or 4mm scratch on the left frame slider but that's it. I was able to lower it down slow enough after the lean-point of no return.

It was my shiny SV650, not my beat up Honda sadly :(

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Bondematt posted:

I hate any vehicle bigger than a 4 door with a passion. Especially since there will be just one small person in it.

I dont think I've ever seen a car with more than 4 doors.. hatchbacks exempt.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

This video made CNN's front page today btw.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Almost got hammered by a taxi on the way to work. Was splitting up stopped traffic and he decided to jump over a lane. If I had come up 2 seconds later, totally woulda creamed me. I had enough room to get around him though :unsmith:

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

what was motomind's suggestion, "If you can eat it in one sitting, don't swerve etc". That may have called for slight evasive maneuvers.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Saw a guy's butthole pucker a hole in his pants on my way into work. I was cruising along at about 40, heading toward a green light that also had a protected left arrow. The left arrow turns yellow as I hear a bike of some kind speed up, followed by a busa leaning hard into a left turn to make the light.

I thought to myself, "Man that guy's really leaning that thing, he must ride track or something". It was stock looking, had floppy blinkers, the whole nine. As I watched him lean and lean, his brake light came on, up it went and headed directly for the curb. Target fixation, nerves, roach in the road, who knows but he stood up off that seat SO FAST trying to lean the bike out from under him (like you would with a bicycle as a child) I swear he had some kind of brown streak on his saddle.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

The flock of birds was the best part.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

What is good about that video though is you seemed to tighten up your line and apply throttle, which most people wouldn't do. They'd chop the throttle and hit the rail, or lowside. so :golfclap: for that one, but try not to fixate!

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Had quite the opposite of the usual. Had a guy on a shadow come within inches of merging into me today.

Turned on his signal and immediately started merging, no look at all. Good thing my car has a loud horn.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Stugazi posted:

Rolling down a wide open Southern California highway with perfect temperatures and only one other car in sight. :911:

Despite the fact there are three open lanes I am coming up behind this car and closing the gap.

I lazily decide to merge over and as I begin my lean I see something in the road pop up that was completely obscured by the car until it passed. I was already leaning to change two lanes so I had no time to react and barely missed it. It happened so fast I couldn't tell you what it was but it looked like a diaper. :wtf:

There was so much open road I got complacent and was on semi auto pilot enjoying the breeze and as such that road hazard could have got the best of me. Lesson learned, even if there is only one other car in sight stay as far away from it as possible.

Lies, such highways do not exist here. Also, glad you didn't eat poo poo :downsrim:

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Shimrod posted:

I had some idiot kids at the skate park jump out and try to touch me as I went past a while ago, little dumbshits.

I think that would have hurt them more than you. Let them do it next time, should teach them not to do it anymore :haw:

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

BlackMK4 posted:

There are a lot of downhill skateboarders where I do canyon runs... poo poo is cool as gently caress.

I once followed some of those guys, was nuts.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

You're going to love the poo nuggets in your suit.

I guarantee it.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Whenever I ride the helmet strap leaves a nasty indentation in my beard, its rather bothersome

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Phy posted:

Only if it was still a single cylinder. Just a monstrous fuckoff piston, chugging slow enough you could dance to it.

KLR1200 piston IRL.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Z3n posted:

Been busy, leaving town on work tomorrow. It's my wife's new bike :) I'm probably going to the best side and getting a 1290.

FTFY. Don't hate.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Z3n posted:

What the gently caress? How did they even get there to do that.

Idiot LA driver it looks like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Tactical Lesbian posted:

yeah the first few times that happens will scare the shit out of you

beware of road paint after/during rain

Is your text weird, or is it me.

• Locked thread