Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Valt posted:

Bloody hell.

God this is giving me ptsd from working on my 2003 civic this summer. I decided it was finally time to do rear struts, front lower control arms and tie rods because they were all almost 20 years old and how hard could it be it's mostly a desert car right? (Spent 7 years in Michigan) should only take the weekend, mayyyybe a week of work. Well a month later I got it back together enough to have a shop do the tie rods because I was exhausted, my wife was pissed and those drat tie rods were not going to budge on my watch. Hell is running a cutoff wheel off my lovely too small HF compressor. At least now I have a list of stuff to get for next time I go off on an odyssey like that ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

I once worked for an ambulance company with a significant number of Navajo employees. During the yearly safety stand down one of the medics gets up to talk about the importance of doing a thorough inspection of your equipment before you leave, as he had once found an inspection panel held on by only one fastener. To which he quipped "what drunk Indian did this?" To this day it is the most butthole clenching thing I've ever heard. Just wtf was he thinking saying some poo poo like that.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

I didn't shoot down 8 Jerries over France just to put their engine in my plane.

*drives off in a prius*

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

sharkytm posted:

And the Creedence.

But not the Eagles.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

diamond plate used to hold the tank to the frame :wtf:

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

AirRaid posted:

Meanwhile now I have a converter to adapt my USB keyboard to PS/2.

PS/2 allows for a hgiher number of simultaneous keypresses (USB tops out at 4 or 5) which is super important in some gaming scenarios.

Ok I gotta know what those scenarios might be.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

I spun my buddy's dads 1984 Fiero in the rain once just going around a turn in a mall parking lot. then we drove it across a high school football field and then got caught by my buddys dad and got yelled at very loudly because we werent supposed to be driving it. This was in the mid 90s and the car was mint with less than 10000 miles on it (but OG tires yikes)

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

I'm starting to think you all actually did those things!

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

wesleywillis posted:

Let's just make modifying your car illegal. Doesn't matter what. Everything not completely stock, ride height, rims, tires, all suspension, exhaust everything, headlights, taillights you name it. Humanity doesn't deserve to be allowed anything good or fun.

E: sure you don't have to go to the dealer for everything. You can go to Napa or AutoZone or a tire shop for brake pads, shocks tires etc but all have to be OE spec.

this but unironically. Nobody knows how to modify a car and run it on the street

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Raluek posted:

oh my god, are they putting chlorinated water all through the water jackets? :gonk:

i suck at chemistry why would this be bad?

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Powershift posted:

Chlorine eats aluminum(cylinder heads) and rusts iron(block) quite quickly, espcially in the presence of heat.

yes ha ha ha yes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

PhotoKirk posted:

See the water pump in the back? The previous owner of my 4Runner was too cheap to buy antifreeze so he just used tap water. The blades of the impeller eventually corroded to the point they they left the pump.

Worked out for me, I bought the truck for $1k.

haha holy poo poo