Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

This may sound like a really stupid question but here goes:

I've been using the G400 for about two and half years, and I love it. It could stand to be a little bigger, but the ergonomics are serviceable and the button placement is great. My problem is I want more buttons. I was planning to pick up a G602, and I handled one at Best Buy and although the side buttons are a little small, I figured it wouldn't be hard to get used to. Now though, the G502 looks mighty tempting...I was hoping to go wireless, but honestly the cord on my mouse has never really bothered me so that's not a huge deal either way. Here's what I'm trying to figure out though: The G400 has, basically, two extra buttons. I know I can reprogram the three DPI-related buttons using the Logitech software but really it's just two extra buttons. It looks like the G502 is basically the same in that regard? I see two buttons on the side of left click (DPI up and down), two on the side of the mouse (forward and back), and one below those (DPI reset?). Will the G502 actually have more usable buttons, or should I just pick up the G602 and have all the buttons I can handle?

Edit for some mousepad chat: I bought a G240 over the weekend and it seems really solid and smooth for being so thin. It seems thinner than the SteelSeries I was using. I mostly wanted to replace the SteelSeries because I (very, very stupidly) bought a white mousepad. It was white, anyway, and now there's this sort of gradient where it becomes a lovely shade of grey. White mousepads are a bad idea, kids. If you've already got a mousepad you're happy with, this is nothing revolutionary, but I like it.

Humerus fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Apr 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Might be of interest to some people that woot.com is doing a thing on Razer mice/keyboards/mousepads at the moment, until the 16th:

http://www.woot.com/plus/razer-gaming-accessories-18?ref=gh_w_1_wp_4

I don't know how good the deals are wrt how cheap some of these get anyway, but it might be something to check out if you were going to get a Razer anyway.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Don Lapre posted:

So its cheaper and better in every way. Got it.

Well it has less buttons and doesn't have a tilt/adjustable scrollwheel. It's basically an improved G400(s).

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Stele007 posted:

My Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 is dying (the mousewheel often registers movement when I'm not touching it, and sometimes it double-clicks on a single click), and I need to get it replaced. I've gone through 3 Intellimouses since the early 2000s, but since Microsoft hasn't made one in years, I figured I should go for a different model. I had a brief stint with a Logitech G5, but I hated it. I never got used to its increased sensitivity (I still have to use "normal" mice at work for 8 hours a day), and when moved in circles it gravitated to the top left corner. I've never seen or used a gaming mouse that I've liked, though I play a lot of FPS and strategy games.

Is there a mouse out there that's solidly built, has two thumb buttons and a mousewheel, doesn't have flashy LED poo poo, and moves the cursor at the same sensitivity that a Dell or Microsoft mouse would move at? I looked at Microsoft's website, and the Comfort Mouse 4500 looked similar but some of the reviews were bad. I'm willing to try another "gamer mouse" if it's recommended.

Well I can speak for the (old) Logitech G400, that covers all your bases, but they don't make it any more. It was replaced by the G400s, which doesn't have flashy lights but it does look pretty :pcgaming:. The G402 will also fit your bill, and while that does have LEDs in it, I think they can be turned off. The default sensitivity may be too high, but the Logitech software will let you adjust it (on the fly even, if you desire).

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Stele007 posted:

Hmm, the G400s doesn't look terrible. I know I can adjust the sensitivity in Windows, but on the G5 I had, I could never adjust it to where it "felt" the same way. It was either too quick or too slow. I can see that the G400s has sensitivity buttons. Does one of those go down to whatever the "normal" sensitivity is that would match up with a plain Microsoft/Dell mouse?

This is what the LGS screen for DPI looks like. The DPI buttons on the mouse (around the wheel there) will scroll through the levels, with the one further down setting it back to the default (in this pic, 650, the bar with the diamond on it). I'm not sure what the "Shift" means but I think you can bind one of the keys to snap to that level if you want (I never have so I don't really know). But what I was suggesting, is that up at the top you can adjust how many levels you want-I would assume you could change that to "1" set the sensitivity how you like (I think 800 is pretty "normal"?) and never have to touch those DPI buttons on the mouse itself.

Sort-of edit: Without the LGS installed/active, I'm not sure what the DPI is of the mouse, but I don't believe it can be changed without LGS. I know the couple times I've used the mouse without LGS up it's noticeably lower than the 1400 I usually keep it at.

Humerus fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Oct 7, 2014

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

I just stopped in a Best Buy today to try out the G403 and it seems okay but maybe someone can give me a recommendation:

I've had a G502 for a couple years and before that I had a G400. I like my 502 but I feel like it's too narrow especially with regards to my ring and pinkie fingers. The G403 seems a bit wider but I'm not sure it would make a huge difference. Best Buy also had some Corsair MMO mouse with a ton of buttons on the side and a support on the right for the ring and pinkie fingers. Why the hell don't more mice have that?

I guess really I want wireless (my cat fucks with my cords too much) so that limits me, but is there something I'm overlooking? I hardly use the extra buttons on my G502 so I don't need that many and the ones with numpads on the side look like they'd be hard to hit reliably anyway. I like the Rival MMO (700 I think) because the buttons are different shapes and spaced out. But, no wireless. And I know the G602 is well liked but it's also an old design and I'd rather pay more for the 403 (which I think is understated compared to the G602) with updated tech inside.

Has anyone had hands on with that Asus wireless mouse? At $150 it's more than I'd like to spend but I didn't care for the G900 I tested in store today, and the Asus looks a bit bigger.

Help me spend money on something I don't even need, goons.

Edit: apparently that Asus sucks. Bad (laser) sensor and laggy wireless, and build issues. Been looking more at the G900 and probably leaning towards that now. Has anyone else gone from a 502 to 900 and care to comment?

Humerus fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jun 5, 2017

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Just a head's up, if you're signed up to get emails from Logitech check your email. I got a coupon code for 30% off an order (up to three items) that works on the G903 and Powerplay mousepad preorder, bringing the price for the two of them together to $175.

With that being said, I can't justify the price (even though I really want to) so here's the code I got: qex96uvo2

It says it's unique, but doesn't say anything about it being tied to my email, so it should hopefully work for someone else that wants to take the plunge.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Good question, that picture just looks like the 703 from a different angle. The 600 is their wired MMO mouse, and the 602 is their wireless MMO mouse. They both have a ton of buttons.

I'd like to see them make the 502 in a wireless version. Like, exact same body and buttons but wireless.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Speaking of the 502, Logitech just announced a refresh with the new Hero sensor. Probably not enough to upgrade if you have a 502 already, but I wish they would do a wireless 502. I don't actually use the extra buttons on the top that often but I like the ability to do so. I'm considering the G Pro Wireless but I feel like the extra buttons on the non-thumb side would be awkward to use, so the wireless 403 (703? I get confused with this naming scheme) would be just as good at half the price. Anyone use mice with buttons on both sides and is it as awkward as it seems?

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Obviously ymmv but I was at Target yesterday and they had G603s on clearance for $48 and G903s for $104. I very nearly bought the 603 but I decided to hold out for a wireless 502 style mouse, because I feel like it will happen eventually.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

I knew it had to be coming! I have no regrets about spending the $40 on my 603 to test out their Lightspeed tech, the only question now is whether I can justify the :tenbux: on the power play mouse pad at the same time....

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

I can't believe I'm doing this but I just ordered a 502 Lightspeed. I've been using the 603 since the beginning of the year and it's really nice but I miss those buttons. If you're signed up for Logitech's marketing emails check your inbox-I got a 30% off coupon yesterday and those usually exclude the high end stuff but despite barring the 403, 703, 903, and G Pro, it let me apply it to the 502 Lightspeed. $150 is hard to swallow for a mouse but $100 seems reasonable. Well, more reasonable anyway.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

I need help with G Hub. Since I got my G502 Lightspeed I've had three DPI settings: 800, 1800, 3200. I basically always use 1800 but I like the idea of being able to change it on the fly. The last couple of weeks, every time I wake my mouse up, it sets the DPI to 800. I click the cycle button, it goes to 1800, then the mouse falls asleep and I wake it and it's back to 800. Even if my computer doesn't turn off or go to sleep in the interim. I tried getting rid of the 800 setting, so it was only 1800 and 3200, but it still would default to 800 when waking and then cycle 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400 before returning to 400 (and never hitting 1800 at all). Any thoughts on how to get it to default to 1800, or just remember my active setting?

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Atomizer posted:

I recently started using G Hub, but from what I recall it's similar to the previous G software, with one exception that I'll get to in a moment. You have the option to set a default and shift DPI; it sounds like the default is at 800 which you should be able to change to 1800, which I believe will solve your problem. (The shift DPI, should you choose to set it as well, would be the setting the mouse jumps to when you hit the appropriately-assigned button - basically the "sniper" mode.)

As alluded to above, I did have an issue recently with G Hub where it wasn't remembering my settings. I'm not sure how I fixed it, but it may have involved some combination of updating the software and/or force-closing it and restarting it, and now it works as expected.

How do you set the default DPI? Because I thought the same thing but I can't find a setting anywhere to tell the mouse "default to 1800." Googling the issue is pretty useless because the word default means I get a lot of support about the factory default settings.

I thought maybe I could right click on the DPI setting to make it the default but that doesn't do anything.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Well G Hub got updated and one of the bugfixes was about mouse DPI getting reset and now my mouse remembers my DPI. Huzzah.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

dreffen posted:

So I bought the G502 Lightspeed, coming off of a G600. And... it's bad?

Maybe I'm used to having the number pad on my mouse all these years but I feel so incredibly limited with my button choices on this switch. Being wireless is nice but that's the only good thing I can say about it.

My kingdom for a wireless mouse that has a number pad on it that isn't the Naga Epic Chroma.

The G604 has six buttons on the side.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Well when I started my computer today the GHub tutorial ran as though I've never used it before and then my G502 lightspeed was set to factory default DPI/Lighting/Profiles. I had around a dozen custom profiles for games, macros for my desktop use, my DPI settings...all gone to the wind. I found the "backup" file but it was also just the default settings. So that's cool and good and definitely how I wanted to spend my evening.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Sorry to Kramer into the thread to complain about GHub but I didn't see any posts about this in the last few pages:

GHub isn't switching profiles for me when it was just last week. I started playing Diablo 3 again and I had to set up GHub for my mouse again because it cleared my settings since the last time I played D3 (I now backup my settings files every time I set up a new game). At the time the profile switching worked great-I launch D3, and all my mouse buttons are exactly what I expect. Then yesterday I launch D3 and it didn't change the profile so none of my extra mouse buttons were doing anything (I have all my skills bound to the mouse through GHub, since D3 itself doesn't recognize all the mouse buttons). So I just alt tabbed over and switched it myself. It actually did this exact thing with Cyberpunk as well, where it would switch automatically then wouldn't some time later. Leaving the GHub window open worked for Cyberpunk though, but it's not for D3; I have to actually go into the software and switch profiles. The most annoying part is it's not switching back to my desktop default once D3 is closed. I checked via task manager and added the actual executable to GHub's setting for D3. I do not have the persistent profile option selected, and all my profiles have "enable profile switching" checked.

Any ideas at all? Uninstall/reinstall?

In all honesty if I could get my money back from Logitech I would probably buy a different mouse even though I'm one of the freaks that loves the G502 shape. It just feels like every day is a new lovely GHub experience.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Klyith posted:

Do you have one of the 502 models that are supported in LGS?

But also IMO the best thing about the logi gaming mice is using on-board profiles. Mouse software sucks, being able to ditch it entirely and still have your buttons mapped to whatever inputs is amazing.

It's the wireless so I'm pretty sure no. Will having the profiles onboard help them switch automatically though? The application linked in the last page looked like it was just to set a single persistent profile to the mouse, is that wrong?

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Well complaining on the Internet seems to have worked for once because it just decided to start switching to my D3 profile again :iiam:

I didn't even restart my computer (which I tried last night). Logitech taketh and logitech giveth I guess.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Samadhi posted:

Does anyone have any opinions/input/hate mail about the Razer Naga Trinity? I want to get a mouse that has more programmable buttons than my current G502 for certain games and there are few out there.

I actually just replaced my G502 Lightspeed with the wireless Naga (I think it's called the Pro). It seems fine. My 502 got double clicks in both sides and it's like 6 months out of warranty. Logitech offered nothing and I didn't really want to drop another $100+ on a mouse from them knowing it was a time bomb.
Anyway, I like the Naga. I miss the thumb shelf but I like the ring finger shelf. I think the software is fine, if bloated, though I wish the profiles worked more like Logitech's - with Razer there is no "default" profile that it reverts to when nothing else is running. I got around it by making my basic desktop profile tied to Chrome. It works well enough.
I've been playing nothing but Guild Wars 2 so I thought I'd make use of the 12 button attachment but honestly, it was not really working for me. The buttons are absolutely tiny and I could hit the intended one well enough, but having to curl my thumb for some of them (especially the ones toward the back) was really uncomfortable. So I switched to the six button side and I've been really liking it. Functionally it's only one more button over the 502 but I like having them all on the thumb instead of some on the side of the left click. My only big complaint is the buttons are still a little small considering how big the mouse is, but I assume it has to do with how the interchangeable stuff works.
Overall I'm satisfied with it. The only thing that I'm annoyed about is that it uses a micro-B for charging, but the way the port on the mouse is only Razer's cable will actually fit. Or at least none of my other ones do. So if that breaks I have to get another Razer one and they don't seem to actually sell them. There's a dock that you can use instead but it's $50. I've got a price alert set for it and may get it when it's a bit cheaper.
I guess if wireless isn't necessary you may be able to find something else, I think Corsair has a 12 button mouse too.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Just to add to this: the newer naga pros have usb-c, but as mentioned the port on the mouse will basically only fit razer's cable unless you want to shave the sides of your usb connector a bit.

You can also buy a knockoff dock for like 20bux and it works just as well.

I also just swap between the 2 and 6 button layout most of the time. The size of the buttons never bothered me on 6 and 12 button sideplate attachments and the clicks are solid and responsive while not being mushy.

I bought an open box Naga Pro for like $80 (it looks pristine) so maybe that's why I got a Micro-B one. In any case, I was also impressed by the clicks on the 12 button layout. I'd probably have got used to it but honestly I was just throwing poo poo on those buttons for no reason so I feel like the 6 button is enough for me anyway.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Anyone here use the Aerox 5? I have a Naga Pro 3 (or something) that I actually really like for playing Guild Wars 2 but any time I play something else I'm pretty ambivalent about it. The buttons (I use the 6 button grid) are pretty squishy in a way that doesn't matter in GW2 but when I was playing Diablo they felt bad. For reference I used to have a G502 wireless but like 3 months out of warranty it started double clicking and Logitech told me to gently caress off, so I did. But I miss that shape and button layout for other games.
Now though I have Razer's fuckin software and Steelseries' because I use one of their headsets. I think I may be able to make the Aerox work for GW2 since it has 5 buttons on the side, but if not I'll keep the Razer around just for one game. My only hesitation is that two of the buttons on the Aerox are actually a paddle or something that goes up or down? And that seems kind of awkward so I was wondering if anyone uses this mouse and how that feels.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

For what it's worth I really like my wireless Naga with the swappable plates. I exclusively use the 6 button layout, the 12 the buttons feel really too small. Actually I would prefer the 6 to be a little bigger but I assume it's a limitation of needing them swappable. I've had the mouse around a year and a half now. However I've been basically only playing Guild Wars 2 with it (an MMO) and the few times I played an FPS or ARPG felt clunky, so I've been in search of a new mouse while keeping the Naga for GW2.

I really like the 502 shape but as said nobody else is putting that many buttons on their mice. I tried the Aerox 5 and I really liked the shape and size (it has no thumb rest though), but the M4 and M5 buttons felt way too small and thin, and the paddle subbing for two buttons just felt like a gimmick and was also a little awkward. If anything what it taught me was that I actually don't need that many buttons for most games. So I started looking at basically all mice and ordered a Basilisk Ultimate (I think, the previous Gen wireless one) which has the three buttons on the side. It feels really good if maybe a little short, which is weird because I think it's just as long as the Aerox 5 and Naga. I might order a Deathadder and see how I like that and return whichever I don't like.

But the big caveat really is Razer's software. I'm not doing different profiles and all that poo poo anymore, for the Naga I have the side buttons being M4, M5, and numpad buttons. For the Basilisk I set the third button as = because some games are weird about numpad buttons (not GW2 though). I don't have to have the software running and the only downside is the RGB is just cycling all the time. I wish I could set a static color but I can live with it.

With all that said though, Glorious (:rolleyes:) is having a Father's Day sale which brings their Model D Wireless down to $64. Is that roughly analogous to the Deathadder? Can I set up a mouse and not have the software running all the time? I've actually seen a lot of people say their software is worse than Razer's or Logitech's.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

I had a similar experience re: giving up on Logitech and getting an optical switch mouse (Naga from Razer). But then I wanted to go back to a more general use shape since the Naga just doesn't feel right for non-MMOs (imo). I bought and returned quite a few with optical switches and ended up just getting a Glorious Model D because it felt the best in hand and I figured optical switches may not fail like mechanical ones but something else might and the Model D was $60 :shrug:
I read entirely too many reviews and there's always something that will gently caress up, maybe side buttons or scroll wheel or yes, double clicking. I figured I just wouldn't compromise on shape and take it from there.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

The higher end Razer mice with optical switches have an optional dock, some you can buy it bundled (the Basilisk and Viper for sure) but you can also buy it separately, I did for my Naga. It is nice because Razer makes the opening for the charging port shaped to only accept their cords which is kinda poo poo but that's capitalism. The Kone XP Air (I think that's what the full name was) also comes with a dock.

I'll also plug buying "used like new" from Amazon Warehouse, I bought said Kone XP for half the cost of a new one and the tape on the feet of the mouse hadn't even been removed, it looked brand new.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

The only time I ever used DPI shift was Mass Effect 2, where I set my DPI to max for scanning planets. It worked very well actually.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Fwiw I'm not at all a competitive player, I mostly play Guild Wars 2 (an MMO) and single player FPS games and I'm absolutely smitten with my ultralight mouse, a Glorious Model D wireless. They actually just came out with an updated "Pro" model that removes the holes, the RGB, and the large logo which are all things I was pretty ambivalent about (but not enough to make me not buy it). I got mine for $60 and I think it's a steal for that (the Pro is $100 MSRP, the original is $80). If price had been no object I probably would have tried the Deathadder V3 Pro. I like ergonomic mice.
Anyway like I said I'm not a high level player but what's nice with the ultralight for me is that I don't even think about the mouse, the buttons, nothing. It's just there and it works and it's easy to move. I'm coming from a Razer Naga (I used the 6 button side) and a G502 before that. I didn't think light weight would matter to me but I really like it. With that being said I don't think I would notice or care about a difference of 10g or something (the model D is like 60 something iirc) but I think moving from over 100 to under 70 is definitely noticeable and nice.
These days there's no shortage of small companies making these lightweight mice with modern sensors and nice switches. Most seem to be ambidextrous mice and I definitely wanted one I could buy from Amazon (to return if I didn't like it) but they're even starting to show up there with more frequency. I'm solidly a palm gripper so I don't know what fingertip people look for but there's tons of "mini" mice from these companies like the Pulsar X2 Mini and Lamzu Atlantis Mini (which seems to be one of the more popular on Reddit).
It feels like we're in a mouse renaissance right now, and I'm definitely biased because I'm pissed at my G502 failing within months of the warranty running out but I'm not sure why anyone would be spending Logitech money these days.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

There's a Coolermaster mouse, MM720 that's pretty short. It has a ring finger rest too. It's wired only but if you get it and like the shape you can import a Xenics Titan GE which is a copy but wireless. Of course when I say import I mean buy from any number of random eBay sellers so good luck!

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

PirateBob posted:

How would you go about finding a clone? I searched for fingertip mouse and only that g-wolves thing came up on the aggregator (though this is for the market in my small country). $180 and 1 year warranty, lol.

For now I'll be trying out the Asus rog strix carry with smaller lighter batteries inside. I ordered it all yesterday. Should take the mouse to an acceptable weight, hopefully. If the skates are good it shouldn't be too hard to make short fast movements with it.

And, knowing I'm spamming the thread a bit, btw, what mousepad material and size do you guys use? I have a new Deltaco kb-200 atm, and I'll be buying new ones more regularly after seeing how much extra drag there was on the old one. It's only 230mm wide though. Makes low sens gaming a bit restricted.

I don't have links because I've never really looked into it but a lot of people gut a Logitech G305 (or maybe 303 I don't really remember) and then use a 3D printed shell to get a shape/size similar to that HSK. I've seen shells on Etsy, you could probably buy the files too if you have access to a printer.

I use an X-ray Pad Aqua Control + and it's great. I mean again I'm not super competitive but it feels smooth, it's fairly thick, has stitched edges. No frills but I mean it's a mousepad? It was a little more expensive than a similar size from a gamer brand (Corsair, Asus, etc) but I think it's also thicker and it doesn't have any obnoxious graphics on it, just the company name in a corner.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

repiv posted:

generally when a device says to only use alkaline batteries what they mean is the device is designed to run on 1.5 volts, and might misbehave with common rechargables that are only 1.2 volts

lithium cells put out about 3.7v by themselves, so the ones designed to replace AA/AAAs have a little regulator inside which drops the voltage to 1.5v, making them equivalent to alkalines

the one catch is that the mouse will probably report the battery as always 100% full until it suddenly dies, since the batteries internal regulation disguises the voltage drop of the actual cell as it drains

:aaa:

So this is why my Xbox controller with rechargeable AAs always reports to Windows as full or nearly full battery? The more you know!

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Hey goon that wanted a small as gently caress mouse:

https://www.keychron.com/products/keychron-m4-wireless-mouse

Like half the size of the GPX, 35g, $49.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Klyith posted:

I just happened to be in a best buy for the first time in ages so I wandered over to the gamer zone to put my hands on some mice. The Rival 5 was one that I quite liked. Shame they don't make that in a wireless version.

Also decided I don't like the feel of current Razer wheels. The clutch thing they use for free-spin makes the regular mode feel less clicky, and the wheel itself is so light that it feels kinda rickety. The quest for minimum weight is making mice feel like crap.

The aerox 5 is the same shape as the rival 5, but it does have holes if that matters to you. Also if it matters, without the program running you either have rotating RGB or can turn it off, but you can't for example have it be a single solid color unless the program is running all the time.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

With your use case and wants I would say any modern mouse is fine so it will come down to shape. The Deathadder is ergonomic right hand only and the others are ambidextrous (though the side buttons are only on one side). I also personally wouldn't be using a corded mouse these days since wireless is so good and not really a price premium any more. Particularly with any one of the many small Chinese manufacturers that sell mice on Amazon now, they all have basically the same internals so shape and price are what you'd be looking for. Many of them also allow for changing the CPI with hardware buttons (provided you want one of the more common settings, there's usually five or so to choose from) so you don't even need to download software.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Thank you for the responses! My work laptop has maddeningly few usb's, so I was hoping there was something more elegant. Oh well.

New issue: the gosh darn lights on the mouse are irritatingly flickering non-stop. Not in any aesthetic pattern from the Razer Synapse controls, it just seems flickery and broken. All the answers that pop-up on google are very old or for different razer mice.
  • Any thoughts?

Without Synapse open it should default to RGB cycle. Does it let you set RGB in Synapse? Your actual RGB strips may be defective. If they look ok when you set something in Synapse, you can use a program called Open RGB to set the lights (or turn them off) without Synapse but OpenRGB needs to apply the settings every time the mouse turns on since Razer mice don't save RGB settings onboard. I was using it for a bit until I got a non Razer mouse, you can set it to launch and apply profile when your computer turns on and use the Windows built in task scheduler to do it at wakeup and such.