Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The MX Master…. 2? Or whatever that I use is such a game changer. At work I need to pore through large documents and spreadsheets and being able to do the free-wheel mouse scroll thing saves me so much time throughout the day. The side scroller is hard to get used to but is helpful. Also it just feels heavy and great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I would recommend Logitech MX Master 3, the best mouse I have ever used if wireless wasn’t a problem (also it’s $100). Mine hasn’t gotten dirty though so I’m not certain if it meets that criteria.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I am very concerned my (Logitech master MX3) mouse will die from a double-click related death based on posts here. Is it really something to be concerned about?

I’m not going to janitor my mouse, but if cleaning it once a year prolongs the life of it significantly I absolutely am into that, because I don’t want to waste that money and dump a chunk of plastic/electronics like that.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I hope you’re using the Logitech dongle they gave you because in my experience “normal” Bluetooth loving sucks for mice and keyboards

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

codo27 posted:

You think they'd come out with Redtooth or Greenear or something by now, bluetooth is very finnicky and low range.

Bluetooth is such dog poo poo from a reliability standard. It’s why a lot of devices essentially use WiFi instead when speaking to their own devices (like Apple).

Bluetooth is also named (and the symbol looks) that way for a stupid reason: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth?wprov=sfti1

It’s named after some dead idiot king

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

That is the exact reason I got Airbuds. There’s always something stupid and hosed up with Bluetooth connections, and Apple poo poo works well with other Apple poo poo. Not perfectly, but better than buying some $300 Anker poo poo or whatever that’ll irreparably break because it thinks it’s connected but there’s no sound or whatever

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

You can change scroll speed for the 3 in Windows or in Logitech Options+ (it’s a “beta”)

I don’t think it lets you have granular control over the stiffness of the scroll wheel though. You can flip between smooth scroll and rigid scroll I guess!

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Rinkles posted:

I used to think Logitech's fast scroll wheel was a gimmick or kinda niche, but I immediately miss it going back to a mouse without it.

Yep I’m broken now, too

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I use it for work, and big web pages

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

You should absolutely not rely on Bluetooth for mice/keyboards. In my experience it’s just never ever reliable enough and is absolutely frustrating.

You should use the Logitech receiver usb thing that came with the devices. You can have it connect to a few of them. It even allows you to use your Bluetooth poo poo in BIOS.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I just don’t want to buy another mouse with any regularity

And with any luck I can use the Logitech MX 3 or whatever for a long time. I really like it, and I’m really scared it’s gonna break after like a year.

Are there any manufacturers that are really reliable?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I am very happy that my hands don’t melt my mouse

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Someone needs to develop a mouse with a middle button that uses a haptic engine on the middle mouse wheel/pad to simulate the wheel scrolling but is pressed like a normal button. I never feel good pushing the scroll wheel in.

Apple’s mouse has a pretty good design, but if they had a haptic engine hoo boy and maybe some way to “feel” which “button” your finger is on, hoo boy

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The new Mx master X3S or whatever the gently caress was leaked and the only thing I care about is the silent click. I hate loud mouse noises. If it’s a toggle that’s very interesting, because the MX3 is pretty much the best mouse

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I bought the MX Master 3S and it works very well and is really great. It is just the MX Master 3, but with silent clicks. Thankfully that’s what I was hoping for.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The MX3S is the best mouse I’ve ever owned and I own the MX3, which was once the best mouse I’ve ever owned. Can’t speak to the Razer but the MX3 is a stupid high bar to clear

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Nope that’s it. And yeah it’s just a really quiet click. Feels noticeably different as a result though.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I am surprised nobody has come out with a mousepad that works like an air hockey table for a nigh frictionless experience

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I remember buying a mouse that came with extra insertable weights, because heavy mice were superior.

Now I don’t know what to believe

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Some well-prepared sicko bought a hundred apple puck mouses and simply replaces each one when it gets tired out

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

VelociBacon posted:

Sorry I just have to share this poo poo because I wasn't expecting to cringe so badly from reading a support email

I'm sorry guys just sitting here trying to push out my maximum

What a weird thing for a supposed human to write. I feel like their manager was over their shoulders while they wrote it and he kept writing dumber and dumber poo poo before the manager nodded and walked away

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

halokiller posted:

A mousepad with your own custom image is the pro move. Sike out the competition with your very own goatse mousepad. I might upgrade mine to one that also does sewn edges though.

Make one of the sewn rings on the edge be gold

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I don't use a mousepad because my mouse reads my desk surface just fine.

I use a mousepad to not gently caress up the skates on my mouse, partially.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Fragrag posted:

My work bought mice and keyboard upgrades and got me an MX Master 3S. My previous experience with wireless mice was from the mid-2000s where they were bulky and unreliable and I've shied away from them ever since.

A week later I've bought one myself for at home. drat I didn't realise how far wireless peripherals have come.

the perfect mouse

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

You don't need dongles if the computers have bluetooth. The dongles are great, I guess, but as you said they're still paired with each other and are that kind of old/reliable tech that would probably be better off in an individual's environment. Like PS/2 keyboards being super reliable for years and years.

Everyone in my office has different mice/keyboards (we let people pick their own if they don't want to use the standard ones), and all of our computers have bluetooth. There are zero problems with interference.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I wish there was a way to perfectly replicate the Windows mouse acceleration in Linux! I really like the Windows mouse acceleration it feels perfect!

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The only difference between the 3 and the 3S is that the 3S has a silent click which may or may not be something you want.

I personally prefer the 3S and will absolutely be buying this mouse again when/if I ever need to.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

huh posted:

I just picked up a 3S after dropping my 3 on the floor this morning which resulted in a non-responsive left click button.

The silent click means I won't feel guilty surfing the web at night while the other half is sleeping. It really is the perfect mouse.

It really is! It's also $100 though which I will always maintain is an absurd amount of money to spend on a loving computer mouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Thanks Ants posted:

No no no no no no no no

Oh my God