Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004
I worship the ground NinjaPablo walks on

Deviant posted:

Anyone know a mouse pad the same size as the QCK XXL (35"x15") but with a stitched edge?

A quick Amazon search yielded this one.

I picked up this for 8 bucks or something earlier this year and it has a nice stitched edge (though the size is smaller than what you are looking for).

I make no claims to the quality of that first one, it was just one that matched your size requirement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004

Deviant posted:

Well, I got my $69.99 Razer Store credit.

Which I can spend on...???

Maybe one of their mouse mats? (I don't know if they are any better than their other products, just trying to help here)

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004

runchild posted:

Kind of a weird request, but does anyone have recommendations for a mouse and/or mousepad for use on the arm of a couch/easy chair? Or do I really just need to get a lap desk. I would prefer wireless, and not expensive. Doesn’t need to be crazy headshot-tier performance, just not lovely.

They make these trays that go over the arm of a chair (amazon "arm chair mouse pad"). Might do what you want.

They also used to make these mouse pads that had what was essentially a small beanbag on the bottom of them so they could conform to odd/soft shapes. They usually don't stay level though, and my quick googling couldn't find one.

If one of those works, then it would be whatever mouse you like.

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004

internet celebrity posted:

Does anyone know if there's a way (natively or 3rd party) to make Windows 10 recognize more than 5 unique mouse buttons? I'd like to have the extra buttons on my G602 recognized as mouse 6, mouse 7, etc, when I set up bindings in games if that is possible.

Install the Logitech Gaming Software. Allows you to map all the buttons on the mouse to just about whatever you wish.

What I did with my G700 is bound the side buttons to Alt+ a number, and set the profile to only activate in the game. Back in Windows they go to no binding/default (back and forward).

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004
Default strafe in WoW is Q and E, turn is A and D.

I got so used to strafe being A and D in FPS's that became my default, along with inverted mouse-look. The latter though I fully lay the blame on X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter.

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004
You forgot to add "Runs even when disabled".

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004
The G602 is a great mouse. Stands up to my kids abuse and the batteries last a few months with his use (daily, in games).

It has 6 side buttons, but they can be re-mapped if you wish (I can't remember if you can program it to the mouse or not though), and you can pick it up for less than 40 bucks most any time.

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004
If the desk is that large, why such a small keyboard tray?

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004

K8.0 posted:

I don't think anyone makes a 4' wide keyboard tray. You gotta split level it, keyboard in the tray, mouse on the desk.

I did for my desk. Had a stair runner, cut to size, and bought a heavy duty rail setup from Menards I think it was for 20 or so bucks.

Making a keyboard tray is dead simple and can be done with very minimal tools. Most lumber yards/Big Box stores will even cut the piece to length for you for a minimal fee, if not free for a single piece. At most at that point it just takes a screwdriver/drill. Maybe a few sheets of sandpaper depending on the state the runner is in, and then whatever paint/stain/sealant you wish.

A trick I used to place the tray under the desk while I screwed it in. I placed it across the arms of my chair at its lowest setting, rolled it under the desk, then popped the hydraulic and up it went.

Edit - The reason I chose the stair runner is, well we had one out in the garage, but I'd choose one anyway because they have a nice rounded edge on them and aren't all that expensive.

Koskun fucked around with this message at 20:19 on May 8, 2019

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004

Blowdryer posted:

Do you think this could be because I just use my table as a mousepad? It's smooth and seems fine for the mouse.

e; for anyone else reading this, I use a Logitech M720 and when I move my mouse far quickly (in an FPS for example) it will spazz out instead of replicating my movement.

What kind of table surface? If it has a very reflective/high gloss finish on it, that can mess up some sensors.

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004

negativeneil posted:

Just hit it with a bunch of compressed air. I think the issue is software-based. I've noticed that if I middle-click a link to open a new tab, most of the time that middle click doesn't register. But if I hold the click down for ~500ms, i get the click every time. Even stranger: if I remove the usb mouse receiver and plug it back in, the middle click responsiveness improves considerably, then degrades slow over time. That's pretty weird.

Are you running the wireless receiver in a hub or directly to your motherboard? If on your computer (and it isn't a laptop), is it plugged in to the motherboard or to the front USB port?

If yes on Hub and/or front port, plug it directly into your motherboard and see if it makes any difference.

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004
Most USB receivers are quite tiny now. They would stick out a quarter of an inch give or take a 1/16th.

Find a wireless mouse that has the buttons you want, size you like, and there ya go. If you don't care about gaming, then expand into the bluetooth ones.

From what I've seen though, most bluetooth mice are on the smaller side, as they are meant to pair with tablets and laptops, thus easy portability.

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004

isndl posted:

Desktops often don't have Bluetooth which is why they asked for wired, I assume. Wireless is definitely nice though.

USB Bluetooth transmitters can be found for 4-5 bucks pretty easily. I keep mine plugged into my keyboard.

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004

Appoda posted:

The G13 would be ideal if it wasn't three hundred loving dollars. That's twice as much as what I paid for my mouse! :v: And while there are other keypads with a similar configuration, I've looked; there's almost none that have a true analog stick. Most things you see like the Nostromo are more like 4-8 way buttons.

That looks neat, except for the octagonal gate. I've always hated how those felt on controller analog sticks.

As for the bluetooth conversation, for some reason bluetooth is total rear end on my PC so I don't use it for stuff like game controllers. There's also the whole latency thing; not sure how significant that is, but it's gonna be more than a wire.

As noted, the G13 has been out of production for a while, Amazon and Newegg lets stores jack up the price when they get to "limited stock" or something like that. It's lovely, but quite common. Currently the Logitech G700 mouse is listed for 250 for example.

For Bluetooth, are you using an old version perhaps? Version 5.1 is the absolute latest (Jan. 2019), though I don't think it's been adopted by anything outside of cell phones just yet. 4.0 adapters are everywhere however.

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004

Diabetes Forecast posted:

Yeah, I absolutely would want to do that. if it were somewhere close to my thumb I'd give that a shot. there's ONE mouse that seems to do that that was a Kickstarter thing, but I forgot the name of it. I know it had a joystick on the side of it and a bunch of axis controllers like a 3D mouse would normally have.

EDIT: this thing https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/665701421/the-most-accurate-and-versatile-gaming-mouse-ever
Honestly something like this would probably remove the need to even use the scroll wheel or middle mouse button altogether. It's a 3D mouse without being 1000 dollars, at the very least.

You might end up with more/same issues trying to use that though, as you'd be tilting the mouse itself plus trying to use the joystick. If the feet are particularly slick (and/or your mouse pad is), you'll more than likely end up pinching your mouse all over again. That and you are going to be fighting a lot of muscle memory.

A lot of manufacturer's make mice with multiple side buttons. There are one's with a literal numpad on the side from Logitech, Razer, and Steelseries (search for "MMO Mouse").

Logitech has the G602 with 6 side buttons that can be had for 30 bucks or less quite often and has really good battery life. Though the buttons are a touch on the small side.

Razer has a mouse that has interchangeable side panels that can give you 2, 7 or 12 side buttons (Naga Trinity).

There are also mice with buttons on both sides.

Of course, numerous Chinese knock-offs of all of those as well.

All the major manufacturer's have the option to re-map all their buttons. I think most of them can even have different mappings trigger only in certain programs (I know Logitech can do this, and it usually works quite well). Some allow you to set new mappings in the software, save it to the mouse, then turn off the software.

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004

K8.0 posted:

Side buttons are trash for gaming. Your thumb and pinky are for holding the mouse, not for fiddling with your grip to press buttons. We need a modern mouse with all buttons on top like the G300.

Totally disagree with you on this one. The Logitech G700* is absolutely great at being able to move the mouse around while using the side buttons. Add in the three top buttons (default as profile and dpi switching) can be re-mapped, and viola, you have a 10 button mouse. It also allows free-spin if you want.

I've used it in everything from MMO's to rogue-lite's, RTS's, even Tomb Raider and Borderlands 3.

Those extra side buttons help a ton, especially on games that can get button heavy (MMO's), and for quick fire stuff/repetitive stuff.

I'm extra salty that they haven't made a new version of the thing.

* - Ignore the price, that's the bullshit of "well we CAN sell it to you, but we don't wanna" Newegg and Amazon do.

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004
And yet every Logitech mouse I have had has gone 3+ years before they developed click issues. :iiam:

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004

Khorne posted:

Yeah, but which mice? Click issues are fine and even expected after actual wear and tear. Double/triple clicking on mouseup within a few days of purchasing and getting progressively worse in a month of ownership is unacceptably bad and only logitech has ever had that problem for me. I've owned around 18 mice, not counting RMAs which brings it up to over 30.

Apologies for the snark. My current mouse is a G700. It did develop a right-click issue about a year in, but that ended up being dust/debris in the switch. Before that was the MX1000 I think it was called. The one with the half a wheel on the side. Before that was and MX something LAZER!!!.

The Master (might have been 1000, I forget the naming setups they go with) did end up with right-click issues, well out of warranty, and Logitech just sent me the G700 as a replacement. The other ones I retired because they had those "non-replaceable" batteries, and would only hold a charge for a few hours at best at the end.

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Anyone have any recommendations for a mouse pouch for my $100 mouse?

Looking for something nice to tote it around in for travel. Bonus points if it has molle or a loop to put a carabiner though.

A Crown Royal bag?

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004

Fame Douglas posted:

There's no way a wireless mouse is actually superior to one with a cable.

But if you can live with the security implications, they're fine.

Logitech has their response time down to the 3-6ms range on some of their mice while Razer was at 9-12ms, and this was from testing done 4 years ago. Razer seems to have almost halved those numbers in the time since.

Wired mice look to be as low as 6ms on the upper end of the price point.

Wireless mice can actually be faster in their response time than wired, IF the quality is sufficient. If you go with a cheap mouse, you get higher input lag.

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004
Have you looked into remapping the middle click to another button?

There is quite a selection of mice that have three or more side buttons (and some with additional top buttons), with the known names easily letting you remap most, if not all, of them.

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004
So, where is a good source for replacement switches for a Logitech G700?

The right started flaking a year or so ago, I cleaned it and it was good for a while, but now it's only half registering or trying to double-click, and the left one is doing the same. Really like the mouse, and I have years of muscle memory on the thing in so many games and programs that I'd love to revive it with some good switches.

And while I'm at it, preferrably the same source, new feet/skates for the thing as well.

Koskun fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Mar 25, 2021

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004
To be fair, this thing has lasted me a good 7 years at this point, and was literally sent to me as a replacement for a MX1000 by Logitech (which also had a bad right-switch after many many years of use).

Rexxed posted:

If you're going to go through the trouble, I've read (on this thread iirc) that you should look for Omron replacements made in Japan. Supposedly they have a better build quality than the Omron switches made in China. I don't know if that's true but they don't cost that much more so you may as well.
There's a lot of success stories on the reviews of these on Amazon:
https://smile.amazon.com/D2F-01F-Switch-Microswitch-Subminiature-Logitech/dp/B0062WNDLI/

You probably saw one already, but here's a repair guide. It looks like desoldering the upper PCB from the lower is the most annoying part (besides not losing springs):
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Logitech+Wireless+Gaming+Mouse+G700+Left-Right+Click+Button+Replacement/95701

As for feet I'd just get some on Amazon, too. Fortunately they all seem to have good reviews:
https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=g700+feet

Appreciate the quick reply.

I am usable with a soldering iron, but I might ask my dad to do it. A perk of being the son of an electrical engineer.

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004

GreatGreen posted:

So I have a Logitech G502 Hero and it's starting to double-click on its own a lot. I love the mouse but I have a feeling the double-clicking is going to make it unusable soon.

Anybody know how to resolve this issue?

If you are lucky, some compressed air might do the trick. Could be just a hair or piece of dust. Big maybe though. For best results you would have to take the shell off so you can get directly at the switch.

Some electrical cleaner might also do the trick once you can physically get at the switch.

Odds are, the switch is going. You can get replacements online for pretty cheap (7-8 bucks for a pair), but then you are getting into soldering and the like.

There is also the possibility that you can tweak the contact point in the switch itself. I did this some years ago on my G700 and it lasted quite a while after that. It's working with some small things though, good eyes and steady hands (as well as jeweler's screwdrivers) help.

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004

Echophonic posted:

Are there any wireless mice that have the 6 side button MOBA layout like the G602? I think the new wireless Naga has a panel for it. The G602 is a great mouse, but this is like the third or fourth one and the left click keeps going. I've been developing my electronics skills, so I can probably replace the switch this time, but I haven't seen many options besides the Naga.

I'd also be up for some suggestions for switches to replace these with.

If you are wanting to stay with Logitech there is the G604, which might simply be the replacement for the G602.

I had been looking for a while for something to replace my G700, but I ended up getting a Razer Trinity. I tried the 7 button side panel for a few weeks and couldn't get used to it. I've now adjusted to the 12 button one pretty well. I didn't know they.made a wireless version though. The only real downside to it is there is no texture to differentiate the buttons, only a slight height difference.

You can get replacement switches for your existing mouse easy enough. It more than likely will require a bit of de-soldering and re-soldering, as you also have to disconnect a ribbon\power cable from the board so you can access the solder points of the switches. Check a page or so back for some links that were posted when I was looking at doing it.

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004

Opioid posted:

Truly a terrifying thought.

It's too bad this 500 is discontinued, it looks like it would have been a great choice. Too many buttons to me is more like the naga 12 buttons just for your thumb. The 500 looks like a great medium ground.
I'm cool with DIY repairs, I've built a few mechanical KBs from scratch and even went as far as to design and manufacture my own pcb when the pcb for one of my favorite boards died.

Guess I'll hang tight and see how the Rival 5 reviews look. It's a shame I can't actually go into computer stores anymore and lay my hand on a bunch of mice to feel which I like...
My G700 finally gave up the ghost and I snagged a Razer Trinity off FB Marketplace for 35 bucks (was still factory sealed). I doesn't look like it is discontinued (yet), as Amazon has it for 90 bucks atm.

I tried the 7 button panel, but I just couldn't adjust to it. I kept on having to think about where the button was I wanted to push. I put the 12 button panel on and it took me less time to adjust, and after a week or so, it's almost to straight muscle memory now.

The one real demerit I will give it is there is no real distinguishing difference between the side buttons. I know Logitech's version, and I think the Steelseries one, put a small dot bump on the 5 button, and Logitech's also has them setup with different heights on the edge's along the vertical rows. I also think that the bottom row is a bit too close to the bottom of the mouse, so if/when you use your thumb to pick up the mouse to move it, odds are you will push a button.

It being wired vs. the G700 being wireless is a zero issue for me, as the G700 would eat through batteries so fast I ended up just leaving the charging cable plugged in all the time.

It's a light mouse, but I've been using it for a good 3-4 months now and it's been quite solid and good to use.

Arivia posted:

How is Logitech’s warranty/replacement these days? My G600 has started double-clicking and it’s really annoying. I’m in Canada and I got it two and a half years ago I think?
I think their warranty time is 2 years, but don't quote me on that. Best you can do is toss them an email explaining what is going on and seeing if they respond and are willing to help/replace.

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004
I can't stand cloth pads. No matter what one I've tried they all feel like I'm dragging the mouse across sandpaper. Some years ago I found a hard pad at Best Buy, and that thing lasted the better part of a decade before I had to replace it. It literally got so smooth it was starting to reflect.

I found this no-name hard pad and have been quite happy with it. The mouse glides nice and smooth, it doesn't slip/move while using it, and cleaning it is as simple as wiping it off, maybe getting out some rubbing alcohol or even windex if I get something on it.

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004

Surprise T Rex posted:

I'm looking for one of those MMO mice too, I've limited my search to the Naga Pro, Scimitar or G600 I think just because the 12-grid makes more sense to me than the layouts of things like the G504 or the Steelseries Rival mice.

Are any of the three more or less comfortable, in terms of leaving your wrist twisted in a more natural position than the others? My most comfortable mouse ever was the Microsoft Sculpt, but it has nothing for buttons, and if I could get a 12-button mouse that felt like that I'd be ridiculously happy, but I'm not holding my breath.

If they're all broadly the same for comfort, I think I'm knocking the Corsair out of the running just because it doesn't have tilt on the mouse wheel (which I find super helpful scrolling around the web/code, plus extra MMO keybinds). Between the Naga Pro and the G600 though, I'd struggle to decide. I'm not sure whether the ring-finger button on the G600 would be good or bad, but Razer products don't have a stellar reputation for longevity.

I've got the Trinity (same as the Pro, only wired), and there are a few demerits. The numpad can be very difficult to tell at a touch what button your thumb is on. While it looks like the center row is raised (and it is), the actual feel of it isn't so much. Also the pad itself goes almost to the bottom of the mouse, so if you use your thumb to grip and move the mouse, odds are you are going to be hitting a button on the bottom row more often than you wish. It does have that nice little finger rest to the right of the RMB. On earlier models that was also a button, but they seemed to have done away with that.

The software is pretty easy to set up and get keybinds/macro's however you wish, as well as customize the lighting (which actually works now with the latest version).

It did take me the better part of a month to be able to use it without having to think about what button I was pushing first (or looking at it for a moment).

The G600 has the bonus of having little tabs on the two center buttons. It does make it easier to get back to "Home", but it is similar to the Razer in that it can kind of blend in due to the size of the buttons.

I wouldn't worry too awful much about switches, well any more than usual, in that the wired mice don't tend to suffer from switch failure because they aren't being undervolted like the wireless ones are. The Razer is using their latest optical switches (more than likely only for the top buttons though).

Oh, one other small annoyance of the Razer is I tend to bump the DPI button more often than I like, and I do miss the clicky of the wheel, as I switched to it from a G700.

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

Mouse3 isn't working on my still relatively new (~8months) wireless razer basilisk. It's done this before and last time it just randomly started working again but I have no clue if I actually did anything to make it work. Every youtube vid on the middle mouse button focuses on the scroll but really the clicking is way important to me for both browsing (opening and closing tabs especially) and gaming (alt fire generally). I'm an idiot and it didn't have a receipt so I never bothered to fill out the warranty. I assume it's too late for that? Anyway, is this typical in any way?

To add on, just about any place you bought it from, unless it was used or the like, can print you out a new receipt. Best Buy I know can, but that might depend on if you gave them your name and such. Walmart could be iffy, but they should?

If you have a can of compressed air, ya might want to try and shoot it down the sides of the wheel. It could be something as simple as a hair is caught in there preventing the connection somehow.

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004

fatman1683 posted:

Does anyone make a hard-surface mousepad in the extended sizes? The SteelSeries QcK XL is basically the perfect size (16"x36") but I don't want a cloth pad. I can't find any hard pads in the larger sizes, presumably because they're prohibitively expensive to ship, but if anyone knows of an option I'm very anxious to replace my deteriorating normal-sized QcK.

A couple quick google searches, and it looks like the largest out there is a 15"x17" by Glorious. I don't think I've ever seen a deskmat hard pad before.

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004
For the new year?

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Serious Hardware/Software Crap > Should I buy repair a $100 mouse?

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004
The Basilisk line is Razer's copy of the 502. They (the Basilisk's) should all have on-board memory for 5 profiles.

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004

Rinkles posted:

Wish they copied the extra index finger buttons.

That would be nice. I've got a 502 in my travel bag for my laptop. It really is a nice smooth mouse. I had a G700, and I loved the buttons for that in multiple games. Made stuff that was console conversion a lot easier to play rather than trying to spaghetti my fingers to hit something.

I'm on a Razer Trynity now with the numpad side panel. It took me a good month to get used to it and be able to fire off buttons on purpose, and other than the garbage Razer software (though it does at least let you time-out the RBG, unlike Ccrsair), it's been a really nice mouse.

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004

Rusty posted:

That's what I was thinking as well, those are the ones for DPI settings up and down, but it looks like there are a couple extra buttons, as long as you can bind them to anything other than the buttons in the middle it should be fine. I also really like the LEDs for DPI setting, I know people don't like the LEDs, but these are actually useful since you can tell of you shifted he DPI by accident.
Everything but the wheel free-spin button (directly below the wheel) can be re-bound in their software. The second button there should be for profile switching by default. And if you are curious, the reason the free-spin button can't be re-bound is because it is a lever for the wheel rather than connected to a switch.

On the G700 I used the extra top buttons in multiple games. One catch is that most games still only acknowledge up to Mouse 5, but a few are starting to go above that. What I usually do is set them to the keybind associated with that action (usually F, R, C, X) for action games, then in stuff like WoW I use Alt+number and even Alt+Ctrl+number, that way I don't interfere with the default bindings.

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004
Hate to double-post, but just saw that the Basilisk Wireless is on sale for 35 bucks (Best Buy and Game Stop as well). Also the DeathAdder (wired and Wireless) and Orochi wireless are on sale. The Basilisk is the cheapest.

These don't have optical switches in them, and at this price I'd guess they are dumping old stock to prepare for the next versions, probably with optical's.

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004

buglord posted:

Any goons in the US want an Elecom Huge mouse (wireless)? Used for about several months. The goon discount is that you’d just pay ground shipping. I’m in California, so I don’t know what this would be ultimately.

I'll take it. I don't know if the mods would want a post in sa mart for it or not. I'll pm you.

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004

chaosbreather posted:

Yo, I'm looking for a good mouse and wouldn't mind some recommendations. I have enormous hands, right handed, palm grip, swapping between macOS for work and Windows for games. I loved the Razer Deathadder and then Naga back in the day in terms of shape, but the software really sucked and I found they worn out pretty quick. I'm currently using a Logitech G900 but it's getting pretty ratted up

I hate the following things about my current mouse:
- quite flat - with that and the length it wants to be at my fingertips rather than my palm
- ambidextrous
- even though it's wireless i basically use it plugged in all the time because otherwise it's never charged
But things I like:
- on-device diallable sensitivity
- the wireless is pretty good when I use it
- unlockable scroll wheel

Happy to get something that dials in what I'm looking for but also happy to get some off the wall suggestions, too. What's up with trackballs, are vertical mice any good? Anything under like $400 is fine

When you say "unlockable scroll wheel" do you mean with a button push it goes between free-spin and ratcheted? Far as I know that is Logitech only.

Most mice above oh 50 bucks have a DPI button on them, so that is almost universal now a days.

For wireless, how long the battery will last will depend on a) how much you use it (and at what polling rate), and if it has a power-saving mode or not. Some Logitech models can go a month or two off a couple of AA batteries. Downside is the switches weren't made for low power so they start to fail generally around the year mark.

I think most Razer and Logitech mice now a days, well the middle to higher-end ones, have on-board memory. So you can set a profile how you want, save it to the mouse, and then not have to touch their software again, usually. If the mouse is reset or something weird happens you might have to up the profiles again.

Best bet is probably to go to an actual store and get hands-on with the display models to see what fits your hand best. You can order a bunch from Amazon and return the ones you don't want (easy or not depending on if there is a return location near you) as well. Best Buy is about the last physical store around now a days. Maybe a Walmart, as some have a decent-ish selection of PC Gaming stuff.

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004

codo27 posted:

Are you mad? HP is complete and utter cow manure, especially as it relates to software.

This is very true. However to my knowledge they never put in an uninstallable, unable to be turned off, bitcoin miner with their software like Razer did.

Edit - I don't believe it is installed anymore, and I'm not even sure if it is an option now, as I finally purged my last Razer component months ago.

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004
I remember that with one of the MX Logitech mice, the 1000 I think it was. I still have the thing laying around somewhere. It had this nice cradle with two contact pins to connect to the pads on the mouse to recharge. After a year probably, the day in and day out docking of the mouse had moved the contacts in the dock in just enough where it wouldn't make good/consistent contact with the mouse, and thus not charge it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004
Odds are you are getting interference from something. Bluetooth operates on a single frequency at a time, so if something interferes and it has to switch to a different frequency, it takes a moment while it re-connects essentially.

Most 2.4 GHz mice operate on two frequencies, so if one gets interference it still has a connection on the other.

Bluetooth is great as Klyith said, but for actual day to day use, nope. For your Macbook, get a dongle and run wireless.