Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Play catch with the flying armor as people get hit by instant spawning zombies from below. Survive the longest until Red Arremer flies off with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I thought Inafune said he wanted it to be on a modern console, so the game would take advantage of its capabilities. Similar to how Hideo was able to use up the entire disc for MGS4.
I am hoping for it to be successful and get ported to a console. I am a few points away from being legally blind and dad sold my Gameboy stuff.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I can expect the MML series to finally conclude at 4.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Azubah posted:

I've hopefully secured a copy of Legends 1, any tips for my first play through?
I think you can double tap the joystick and fire really quickly. It happened in the second one and you shouldn't be able to move forward when doing it. Range is very important in this game. Don't max out a weapon without trying out the other ones. They get too drat expensive.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
X is the only Reploid on the planet that won't turn Maverick. Any of his co-workers might try to murder him.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
X4 is greatly helped for having the best opening of any video game ever made. The voice acting is awkward enough to be hilarious without being that kind of game with terrible voice acting you roll your eyes at. It is also the first for having Zero as a permanent playable character at the start with his own storyline and scenes.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

TaurusOxford posted:

Wait, WHY does the Japanese version have double damage?
That is the regular damage. In order to sell more rentals, they nerfed the damage during localization.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Watch a video on how to beat him and use charged springs. He makes consecutive Yellow Devil fights look more fun. In MM8, he is the same boss and piss easy to beat.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Not like they stopped on the NES era. Two games from two different generations I use for examples: 7th Saga for the SNES and Silhouette Mirage (as I understand it) for the PS1 had difficulty tweaks to artificially extend gameplay.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Waffleopolis posted:

I want a game that is like either Lemmings or Pikmin but it uses Metools. I like Metools.

Also, how are there no metool toys? They're in every game.
Overlord has your minions wearing all sorts of armor.

TaurusOxford posted:

God X5 is so loving stupid...
Alia is sure to tell you there is fiery death coming at X, after a couple already came at him. The discussion happens at the worst possible time and is too drat wordy.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
X4 is before they start adding the bullshit.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The Final Weapon was most likely for defending against errant meteors when it was originally made.

food court bailiff posted:

Yeah, even in the game it's made pretty clear that the Repliforce seriously isn't that 'evil' and Double is feeding X incorrect information. In the Zero route I have no goddamn idea, the Zero route is dumb as hell, wtf are they doing letting Iris just hang around enemy HQ, ffs. I love X4, it might be my favorite X game, but Double needs to be in the Zero plotline somewhere for things to make any kind of sense.
Iris is a civilian. As much as mankind is pushing the Police State heavily to include death for reploids having wrongthink, they are not villain enough to jail relatives of rebels.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Zero being made the top hunter of a group created to delete reploids like him, when he was targeted and defeated by Sigma. Maybe they were desperate or like loose cannons. Iris only went Maverick after Zero killed her brother and she took his soul.

SeANMcBAY posted:

There’s an X6 romhack featured on the front page of ROMhacking.net and it sounds pretty promising.

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4035/
Reduced a ton of grinding and made the usual grind spots go much faster.
Made everyone not suck at the start.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Aug 6, 2018

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I recognize that.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Nodosaur posted:

Dr. Light didn’t make a pacifist robot. He made a robot with unlimited potential, both cognitive and in terms of physical ability, with the means to fight or defend himself as he saw fit, and who, after decades of being exposed to ethics testing, CHOSE to prefer pacifism.
I read X as pacifying.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Sakurazuka posted:

I decided to give trad MM a break and started Legends 1, anything I should know/watch out for?
I think you can tap forward and fire at the same time, to double your rate of fire. Moving diagonally is speedrunning. You can take off your helmet.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Aug 11, 2018

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

SeANMcBAY posted:

Do the Legends games hold up? I want to play them eventually and see what the fuss is about.
The first game is not really that good and the ending falls on its face when you play the sequel. It is worth a playthrough.

MML2 is still great and you better make use of the grab and throw, if you want to unlock the harder modes. Less censored than the first game.

Misadventures of Tron Bonne is very different, but I enjoyed sending my bots pick apart cars and houses for me, Pikmin style. Rustle horses and cows to be sold off. Research new upgrades by selling car parts and punishing disobedient bots with an obstacle course.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Also Legends 2 is a much prettier game but I strongly disagree with people saying 1 is bad or aged particularly worse.

There are two early boss gauntlets that are kind of difficult (Lake Jyun in particular tends to wreck me at least once a run) but they're not insurmountable or anything. The fact that there are so many bosses to kill is good.
The aiming system in 2 is so much better than 1 that it is hard to go back. I do miss the weapon stats being visually represented during upgrades. No guessing which weapons do piss poor damage after several upgrades. That would be a welcome mod for the next collection.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
You don't need to completely max out every weapon you use since that last upgrade could very well be the post-game level of grind for broken weapons.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Hi thread, I haven't played X5 seriously since....ever, and I never beat it on the GC X Collection, but I just got it for the Switch and fired the Enigma successfully on the first try after beating Grizzly Slash.

Also, the writing in X5 is noticeably incoherent even for a game about robots killing each other. And I have no idea what the level system for bosses means. I'm just really happy I don't have to reload and jump through hoops to fire that stupid gun.
Bosses drop special items when they hit level 8. Enjoy wasting a few hours for a boost or kickstart doomsday.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Another thing, I always liked the kickback when X launched a fully charged shot, glad to see megaman got that upgrade too. But why did dr light outfit him with these new gears yet the energy balancer is still not standard issue? Let's get with the program, doctor.
He also kept making Rush increasingly useless to where he ended up a pogo stick with a fatal flaw.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Saves cost currency.

Enemies respawn like Ninja Gaiden birds.

Mega Man can fire upward, but the control stick needs to be rotated for that direction. Second stick to move.

Mid-game boss is weak to certain weapons that you might not have gotten.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
You don't get the weapons from Masters, you get them from installing those expensive Nintendo toys. Download all of them at the start for p2w. Also item upgrades. Single use only.

Denuvo is the added DRM, but it is really another Starforce.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Mega Man in a Monster Hunter setting. Halfway there already and he goes against even bigger dragons.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Out of all those games, I still come back to BoF3, which now has a hard mode mod.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
MM8 English voices were really bad. At least X4 was funny with its chicken uprising.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Stop the coop.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
A girl worth fighting for.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Can you see more of the game with the Steam port or are you still making leaps of faith?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Tunicate posted:

Alia is a serial murderer and everyone forgets it
She works for the State and if the State says you are thinking independently, then it will murder you with an actual army or satellite laser at its call.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Mega Man Legends Zero

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Did I see X do a superhero landing in that intro?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Captain Invictus posted:

it sure does
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfTsvWTtoiQ&hd=1

BURN TO THE GROUND! B-B-BURN TO THE BURN BURN TO THE BURN TO THE GROUND! BURN! BURN TO THE GROUND!
The best one was just an audio file with X saying STOP THAT!, interspersed around burn to the tri burn.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

SeANMcBAY posted:

Has Capcom hinted at an X9? That series really needs another go much more than classic MM.
Legends 3 has a better chance.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Greader posted:

Tried out the MMX Dive game. If you can figure out a way to play it with gamepad it actually feels like a proper X series game, just too bad that the level design seems to mostly be "Do a bit of platforming, get locked into place while destroying a bunch of spawning enemies, do some more platforming, time to get stuck again for a bit". Though I suppose otherwise each stage would take like a minute to go through.

My main issues are the grindiness which many people already mentioned (turns out stat based weapon damage and health in a mega man game feels kinda lovely!) and one thing which kinda soured me in particular, which is that getting stuff from events (or at least the current one, haven't seen any others yet) requires you to basically compete with other players in a ranking system to gain further rewards. What's that, the top 100 players are all whales who are probably at whatever the current max is and you can at most get like 10% of the points they do? Guess you will get poo poo for rewards. Admittedly my other gacha experience is Arknights which apparently is much nicer about that kinda stuff but still.

Anyway, the actual biggest sin it commits is that it has a summer swimsuit banner and while Zero gets an outfit, they did not go for full equality by making it a speedo :v:
No Zero Suit Zero?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Larryb posted:

I think one of the MMX manga showed that Zero does have a civilian form under his armor (or at the very least he can take off his helmet) but I’m not sure how canon that is.
It doesn't look it, but everyone can take off their armor/work clothes. There is not a reason to show it since everyone is working. I think the collection titles have borders/art that show characters in different outfits.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I am intensely interested in seeing new stuff about the Legends franchise. Also, the green foliage in the Yass Plains. Nice.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Lurdiak posted:

X3 is the third best game in the series.
It is better than the fourth best game in the series, but not the second best game.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Electric Phantasm posted:

Looks neat, some nice QOL and neat tricks like the poison effect.

Are there any other notable Romhacks for SNES games?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3877134
You can find the thread here and there are too many to pick from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Electromax posted:

Wasn't there also a weird scene where mega walks in on roll changing or something? That's probably got an entry on tropes wiki, I can think of a few games in that area era that did something like that.
In both Legends games.