Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jizz_(birding)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storm_chasing

A large majority of chasers are male and white but a minority are female or of Asian or other descents.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children%27s_Games_(Bruegel)#The_games

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Soricidus posted:

tag yrselves, I’m a stone dog of sorts

e: wait no I’m bouncing someone’s buttocks on planks

i’m a clownish game of balance

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
what the gently caress

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
From ancient times people associated the fossils with jewels that were set inside the heads of toads. The toad has poison glands in its skin, so it was naturally assumed that they carried their own antidote and that this took the form of a magical stone.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
it does seem like one of those studies that will end up getting the ig nobel for being turbo obvious

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
ok then

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
what does TeX stand for though

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Also known as Milk Duct Dysmorphia. Typical causes: nipple clamps, piercings, or most commonly, ill fitting breast pump flanges.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/T.H.E._Fox

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cookie_Puss

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

im scrote

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
is winning a wrestling league you yourself created even an accomplishment

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_catgirls

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Hosts are one of the causes of lack of recovery for people with celiac disease who follow a gluten-free diet,[3] which must be strict and maintained for life to allow the recovery of the intestinal mucosa and reduce the risk of developing severe health complications.[4]

:smith:

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
The SI unit of elastance is the reciprocal farad (F). The term daraf is sometimes used for this unit, but it is not approved by SI and its use is discouraged. The term is formed by writing farad backwards, in much the same way as the unit mho (unit of conductance, also not approved by SI) is formed by writing ohm backwards.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Tonic immobility has been hypothesized to occur in humans undergoing intense trauma, including sexual assault. While "freezing" in response to life-threatening situations is well-known, the common "freeze" response exhibited by victims of rape is often misunderstood as passive consent.[18][19][20]

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

El_Elegante posted:

why do you think that’s appropriate for this thread

Honestly it's because I thought it was very tasteless and dumb of Wikipedia to put that under the "Tonic immobility" section of "Apparent death" article, between rabbits and sharks. I should've mentioned the placement, I apologize

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
My secret favorite worthless wikipedia page is the page for the tropical leatherleaf slug, which was obviously filled out by someone who loved their pancake-shaped pet

quote:

What this slug eats in the wild is not known. In captivity this slug will eat:

Dandelion leaves
Tomatoes - it nibbles the skin first and then the pulp
cucumber
apples
spinach
carrot
When other items are not available, it will eat dill
In captivity it will not eat:

grapes

:3:

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Sagebrush posted:

DON'T YOU gently caress THIS ONE UP DRAGONFLYTSIXTYSEVEN

lol someone added a original research tag

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
There are many factors to look for when purchasing a reborn.[6] If the complexion is too dark this is called a blue baby

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
oh man, my grandma used to spook me with that. except i had no idea what a volga is because it was the 90s

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
i like the eyelid coins. cant have willie stuck meandering the shoals of styx

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
ith the Spanish colonization of the Americas, Christian priests used the name "Supay" to refer to the Christian Devil. However, unlike Europeans in relation to the Christian Devil, "the indigenous people did not repudiate Supay but, being scared of him, they invoked him and begged him not to harm them".[1]

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Kuchisake-Onna, as told commonly, was a beautiful, young woman that lived in a village of Japan. She would roam around the village, and ask the folks, "Am I pretty?", to which they would reply with an enthusiastic "yes". This made her very confident in herself, and as she was married to an intelligent samurai, she believed that she would be able to get away with an affair with a noble soldier. But her husband found out, and in anger, asked the soldier, "Why her? Why my lady rather than all other women of the village?", to which he replied, "For she is the most beautiful of the village, I cannot pass up such an opportunity." The samurai adored his honesty and acknowledged that he had the right response and reason. The soldier was poor after all, and had not had many positive things occur in his life.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

akadajet posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Urine_Themed_Islands

:mad:

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Manky Tungeon posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Warriors_characters
Over 30,000 words about characters in a children's book about talking cats

well it's young adult really

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Vashon island is known for its strawberry festival, sheepdog trials, and high rate of unvaccinated residents.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

disappointed to ot see minor planet 69420

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Xylocopa caerulea, the blue carpenter bee, is a species of carpenter bee. It is relatively fuzzy.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
The fork was never found.[22]

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Spaced God posted:

Overall, the height at which 50% of children die from a fall is between four and five storey heights above the ground.[10]

did it link to LD50 because it really should

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Besides "protoplasm", many other related terms and distinctions were used for the cell contents over time .These were as follows:[8][9]

Urschleim (Oken, 1802, 1809),[10][11]
Protoplasma (Purkinje, 1840, von Mohl, 1846),[12][13]
Primordialschlauch (primordial utricle, von Mohl, 1846),[13]
sarcode (Dujardin, 1835, 1841),[14][15]
Cytoplasma (Kölliker, 1863),[16]
Hautschicht/Körnerschicht (ectoplasm/endoplasm, Pringsheim, 1854; Hofmeister, 1867),[17][18]
Grundsubstanz (ground substance, Cienkowski, 1863),[19]
metaplasm/protoplasm (Hanstein, 1868),[17]
deutoplasm/protoplasm (van Beneden, 1870),[20]
bioplasm (Beale, 1872),[21]
paraplasm/protoplasm (Kupffer, 1875),[22]
inter-filar substance theory (Velten, 1876)[23]
Hyaloplasma (Pfeffer, 1877),[24]
Protoplast (Hanstein, 1880),[25]
Enchylema/Hyaloplasma (Hanstein, 1880),[26]
Kleinkörperchen or Mikrosomen (small bodies or microsomes, Hanstein, 1882),[17]
paramitome (Flemming, 1882),[27]
Idioplasma (Nageli, 1884),[9]
Zwischensubstanz (inter-alveolar substance, Bütschli, 1892),[28]
Grundplasma (ground plasma, Schütt, 1895),[29]
ergastoplasme (Garnier, 1897),[9]
phaneroplasm/cryptoplasm (Seifriz, 1931),[30]
cytoplasmic matrix (Munson, 1899; zytoplasmatische Matrix, Bergmann, 1956),[31][32]
Protoplasma- oder Zelleinschlüsse (protoplasmic or cellular inclusions, Szymonowicz, 1901),[33][34]
kinoplasm/trophoplasm (Strasburger et at., 1912),[17]
cytosol (Lardy, 1965).[35]

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Meloxicam has been investigated as an alternative to diclofenac by the RSPB to prevent deaths of vultures.[citation needed]

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
The chemical reaction is known as "methanogenesis" because it produces methane as a byproduct, and is at the root of the tree of life on Earth, the birthplace of all life that is known to exist.[150][151]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

not worthless, the "India poisoned its vultures with diclofenac and then had a massive problem with carrion and wild dogs that caused a public health crisis" story is interesting and hosed up

interesting! due to the lack of any citation i assumed it was more in the vein of „please start using different painkillers on your pets because when they inevitably escape and their corpses are picked clean the vultures suffer”