Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer
Best In Show, number 2 in my opinion to This Is Spinal Tap for mockumentary.

There's also a ton of MST3K now on Instant Streaming, if that's your thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer
Finally got around to watching Troll 2 last night. Simply amazing. Now all they need is BestWorst Movie on instant and my life will be complete.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer

jase1 posted:

Has there ever been any talk of them putting The Shield on streaming? I see other F/X shows on there but not that one and I have always wanted to do a second time watch through.

I'm almost certain that every season of The Shield, except for the first, used to be on streaming. The show is not to be missed and is probably 2nd behind Breaking Bad in my list of favorite shows ever.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Deadite posted:

Does anyone know why Clone High isn't available on Netflix at all? It doesn't even come up in a search on the site.

Was this even released on DVD in the US? I thought it was only released in Canada?

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Tom Tucker posted:

Netflix on demand says Breaking Bad seasons 1-4, but when I click it all I see are the four seasons I've already watched! Why netflix?!

It's strange that Netflix can't cut the same deals as Amazon on some of this stuff. Breaking Bad season 4 and Sons of Anarchy season 4 have been on Prime for weeks, while Netflix seems to start streaming around the same time the DVD is released.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Not sure how long these have been on there, but ESPN's fantastic 30 for 30 series is now available on instant streaming.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Bucs! This is going to be a fun fourth quarter.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE posted:

Eames: The Architect and The Painter, Mansome, The Pruitt-Igoe Myth, Ed Hardy: Tattoo The World, Bones Brigade: An Autobiography, Craigslist Joe, any of the 30 for 30 series, American: The Bill Hicks Story, Senna, On Any Sunday, any of the Ken Burns stuff, the Michael Palin travelogues, Half The Sky, Billy Connolly's Route 66, Circo, The Rise and Fall of The Irishman, Trinity and Beyond, Brother's Keeper, Paris is Burning, and American Dream are some of my favorites that haven't been mentioned. I would also recommend General Orders No. 9, although that's less of a documentary and more of an Americanized version of the Qatsi films, in my opinion.

I believe The Art of the Steal is still available on Netflix. Definitely one of the best docs I've ever seen.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

The part I couldn't figure out is if the cameraman is adhering to the same rules as Joe. Does Joe have to mooch food for two? "Hey, can I Craigslist $5 from you? Can my friend Craigslist $5 more?"

I think the whole premise would be way more interesting as a book. It's pretty easy to get strangers to help you out / avoid creepy weirdos when they know you have a cameraman following you around.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer

me your dad posted:

I saw 21 new replies and instantly new it was because of the CN stuff being added. Fuckin nerds.

No Sealab?

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is the show about werewolves? If so spare me now so I don't waste the time.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Neo Helbeast posted:

I've been watching House of Cards(Not the 1990 BBC version) and I really am not liking it. It's basically just a bunch of people being assholes to each other and other people making terrible life choices. My mom on the other hand loves it. I like when Kevin Spacey talks to the camera though.

You could probably say the same thing about Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and most other great TV shows?

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer

NienNunb posted:

Bad news for anybody who was waiting for season 2 of Workaholics to pop up soon. Looks like it was removed wholesale today.

Maybe something is up with Comedy Central's licensing? It seems like forever since a new season of South Park has been available too.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
There Will Be Blood was just added. A Daniel Day Lewis tour de force! One of my all time favorites, spending this rainy day watching watching this again.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer

wormil posted:

American Mary is a new twist on old ideas but very well done. Katharine Isabelle, as Mary, walks the thin line between naive, dark, sexy and slutty while being sincere and believable. About the time I started thinking this wasn't a horror movie it got dark and uncomfortable.

I'm having a hard time scaring up movies on streaming for my October Horrorthon. About the only popular horror I haven't watched on Netflix is the new Silent Hill and VHS (which I have no desire to watch).

Skip The Innkeepers, that was absolutely awful.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Man was it ever a disappointment.

The most interesting thing is that the movie was filmed half an hour north of where I live. Which is something I didn't know going into it, I just happened to notice the 860 area code on the side of a trash can in some shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Khorne Flakes posted:

Finished the new season of Lilyhammer off last night, definitely better than season one. Focusing more on Giovanni's antics in the club and with his goons rather than his odd family life.

One thing that always gets me about the show is how people bounce from Norwegian to English so often right in the middle of sentences or conversations. Being a sheltered white male in America, is it really common in other countries that have multiple speaking languages to just bounce around languages like that?

I can also vouche that this is extremely common. I work for an almost all German company in the USA and when folks here switch to German, you know it's time to get down to business (I don't speak much German).

• Locked thread