Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Nah its got 4 mudders on it, i dont entirely know other than something failed dramatically on the right front. I'll know more in the morning for the horrible failures thread, just cross posted it here due to ramchat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Functional or not ts aesthetically terrible.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Aerodynamics; its a....Jeep thing?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I see the list of what people claim is the absolute barest minimum they can have in a car and still function in society, take a look at my last 6 or 7 cars, and wonder how I haven't literally been killed just by opening my door yet.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

hifi posted:

Can you explain this? They, literally, lose control and crash their car as a result of not having AWD? Why can't they just step on the brakes or drive at a prudent speed? Or is there some intrinsic difference between AWD and non-AWD drivers that I'm missing?

Welcome to the hell that is driving in town.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBgIvH0tu6Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
5.8 liter Mustang?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
What is the definition of flow through? I'm thinking HVAC system but I've never heard that term relating to dashes before.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Did an oil change on a brand new Impala today and was pleasantly surprised at the amount of standard features.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Oh, didn't know that. It had 6K miles on it and the vin was only about 1 year old, I assumed it was the most current which is why I posted it here and not the other pictures thread.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

japtor posted:

What's the price there? It's semi in line with the other electrics around here I think.

I liked Car and Driver's old mockup (even if it's still a bit quirky in its own right):

I figure the artist assumed BMW wouldn't keep the batshit styling cues, guess he was wrong! My hope is that they do one of those mid cycle refreshes that basically addresses most of the ugly design elements (the 3 and 7 ones from a while back come to mind).

The Anticountach.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I can't get over how terrible the side vent looks.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I've got 52HP and it suits me just fine as an american :colbert:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I know this is anecdotal and so far from the norm its not even funny but I met an actual *b*illionaire once and while he had all sorts of exotics and investment vehicles, his loving daily driver was an early '90s Bronco.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
You're a bad person and should feel bad.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Thank god, Toyota's been really struggling to break into the small cheap and reliable car market for decades.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
What they should do with all the shipping costs they free up then is take the engine out of a FR-S, slap that poo poo in the trunk, and relive the glory days of the Toyota 914.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Never really considered the Fusion to be a hot hatch though

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

N is for Nipples posted:

The F150 SuperCrew has an absolutely unfathomable amount of cab room. Leg room measured in acres.
Honestly the truck arms race really loving pisses me off.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Sinestro posted:

In life we return to what hurts us, and what hurts us is *Volkswagen.

*aircooled

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe if someone made a rotary that didn't suck people would buy them :colbert:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Bajaha posted:

That's a problem we should all have :allears:

I still think the general consensus is that 100hp more than you currently have is the perfect amount.

I shudder to think of what my Civic would be like with another hundred horsepower

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Honestly I get the idea of a Prius but I've never driven a more uncomfortable, awkwardly positioned, numb feeling car that drives like it's so much larger than it is due to it's horrific blind spots outside of a 2011 Chevy Aveo.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Cocoa Crispies posted:

So get a V6 Mustang.

Perfomance per dollar aside, some of us just plain like the look and feel of a BMW over a V6 mustang and can justify the cost difference because of preference.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
No it wont because its not the size of a small house. Have any of you seen just how much wasted empty space here is under the hood of say a Ram 1500? Probably hundreds of pounds could be dropped just by making the truck large enough to fit the running gear but then you couldnt get into dickwaving contests over how large your truck is.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Obviously, seeing as they havent made a single turbo motor yet that was any good.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Powershift posted:

Before daimler we got the viper.
After daimler we got the hellcat.
During daimler, we got the PT cruiser.

I rest my case.

hosed up if true

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
If thats what it actually looks like and is not just a pre production mockup ala the BRZ/FRS changes, I actually like it a lot more than the SLS.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Or removing a rear bumper to change an air filter :v:

Actually an upsetting number of new cars require pulling the front bumper cover to change a headlight.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

VikingSkull posted:

the Hellcat is cool and all but I want my muscle cars NA
Why do you hate Freedom

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

fknlo posted:

No, they're actually not at all bad. The low end torque is amazing for daily driving stuff. I guess an 80hp 1.2L diesel might be miserable but I've never driven one.

I dunno 53hp 1.2l feels pretty good to me so Id imagine 80 to be a riot

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
HOLY gently caress SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT STROLLERS IN THE CAR THREAD

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Thought you guys were talking about the new Lada concept my friend showed me at work the other day.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Powershift posted:

You mean the 2016 lada 1200?

Nah there was some obviously not production ready hypercar thing that looked like they thought that if Mclaren can drop right back in with a catfish on wheels then clearly as long as they made it provide even more catfish per dollar the buyers would come.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I've always thought the blue in the Civic looked awesome as hell science be damned.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Police say what can only be described as a large milkshake cup was seen fleeing the scene.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Got in a brand new Taurus at work and its absolutely appalling that a car of this size and weight has less knee room than the rental Focus I drove a couple months ago.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

kris_b posted:

488 GTB

3.9l V8, twin-turbo

Power (hp): 670@8,000rpm
Torque (lb ft): 560@3,000rpm
0-62mph: 3.0sec
Top speed: 209mph
Weight: 1,370kg

:dance:

I love how the 456 had 3 exhaust tips to hark back to the F40 but was NA and here we have what looks to be the 456's hotter sister with two tips.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
And after the fiery wreck tumbles to a halt after going through the kitten orphanage mostly airborne you'll walk away without a scratch thanks to modern safety engineering.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

ilkhan posted:

I looked at the Fusion hybrid and was interested until I saw the HP spec.
Then I forgot it existed.

Wheres the series hybrid 300HP AWD version? I'd buy that one.
How bulky are batteries, anyway. Replace the engine with the 1L i3 and a generator to supply power, replace the driveshaft with a power cord and fill the rest of that area and half the gas tank area with batteries, add electric motors to the rear (and optionally front) axles. Boom. You're done.

Hell might as well make sure its a six speed manual wagon under 2500 pounds with a full leather interior fpr $30k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

davebo posted:

It's just so lumpy. That weird ridge. It's like someone left the hood popped open but it's not even part of the hood.

hold your hand over the nose and its like a TT hosed a Genesis