Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

A new Jag :D

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/jaguar-cx16-revealed-frankfurt-motor-show-2011-09-07

It's very pretty.

E: Pics! http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/272278/new_jaguar_cx16_sports_car.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Can't wait to see one on air.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

So did anyone realise that big Bugatti was coming out?
I was speaking to a dude today who has bought one.
Ridiculous.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Mr. Pither posted:

The Galibier? Last I heard they're on some kind of hold, but I guess it's nothing official.

I imagine if you're wealthy enough to purchase one, you can probably talk to Bugatti directly. Even if they're right on the cusp of approving it, it'll be a while before even the most interested customer can get their hands on the production model.

It's not on hold apparently. £1.3 mil. Delivered end of 2012.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

The only question is, is there space for a LS?! I would drive the poo poo out of a tiny camaro.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Oh poo poo! NSX successor?!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

So BMW's diesel M car is a straight six with TRIPLE turbos. What?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

There's a new McLaren coming and it's a proper hypercar :ssh:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Apparently this is the new california.
That rear end is gross as heck.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

2ndclasscitizen posted:

I too judge a car's appearance by photos of it heavily camouflaged. And it's the 599 replacement, not new California.

I don't think that rear bumper is camo though?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

2ndclasscitizen posted:

I too judge a car's appearance by photos of it heavily camouflaged. And it's the 599 replacement, not new California.

I told you that was a real back end. It sucks. The side profile is lovely though.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

ppp posted:

It looks good, it's a homage to a 250 gto or something. If you don't like it you can, uh, not buy it?

So I can only criticize a design if I can afford a quarter of a million quid eh? Thanks man.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

The new Aventador J is just awesome.

There'll only be one. But just look at it!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Howay Bentley, give your head a wobble.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I thought it worthy of discussion. Sorry bros. :yum:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

davebo posted:

I saw some weird angle shots of this a while back but I just saw these new photos of the custom 458 Italia that Pininfarina did for Eric Clapton. The whole new-retro thing that all the American pony cars have been doing? It works even better on a 512bb.

I think they should have gone for more retro inspired wheels to make it fit better though. I like the 458 okay but it just feels too over-designed. Somehow the custom one-off designed version feels more Ferrari to me.

It also has a V12. So boss.
He needs those F40 inspired wheels I posted a while back on it though.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

davebo posted:

The article on autoblog said that Clapton had wanted the V12, "but all signs indicate that the 458 Italia's 4.5-liter is still in place" I don't know what that means exactly. Were they actually able to fit one in okay?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ue30EB6io0

E: I can't tell what an engine is from sound but I assume someone here can :)

Bape Culture fucked around with this message at 15:21 on May 27, 2012

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

https://www.carscoops.com/2021/10/new-2022-range-rover-leaked-ahead-of-next-weeks-reveal/

What do people think to the new FF RR? Interested to hear some opinions.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

It feels like a golf to me.
But 5 cylinders are neat.

Bape Culture fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Oct 22, 2021

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Good lord. I’m surprised they allow some of the specs they do. Colour coding all the black plastic/carbon looks insanely bad and adds huge amounts of visual weight that some poor designers spent months trying to remove. I saw one a few weeks back with silver painted parts on a black car and it looked like a Hyundai or something. Madness.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Once again posting the most disgusting user experience ever designed for a car...

Hahahahahaha

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Huh Zthe Aventador I drove I would have sworn it was plastic

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Yup, if the engine is going to die it'll do it at whatever RPM and it's a HONDA, people have been kicking the poo poo out of their engines for decades and I'm not sure I've heard many stories of them dying despite being pinged off the rev limiter for ages at a time doing burnouts and such.

Exhibit A your honour:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2-2Kg0lBkk

I'd rather my engine die doing something fun than tootling around going to the shops or something.

That’s me

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I’m obsessed with the lucid. Are we getting any in the uk does anyone know?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

That Hyundai absolutely slaps

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Lmao

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Killhour please send me one of those new flat plane crate motors than u in advance

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

i own every Bionicle posted:

No, I mean to say that it’s reasonable to expect a car to have enough brake capacity to always stop safely when driven normally, somewhat spiritedly, and from top speed a couple of times in succession, but the constant abuse of track driving will kill the brakes of most street cars. I’m trying to figure out how bad they really are on the Plaid.

For the record, I think the Plaid being as cheap, fast, and unsorted as it is, while clearly being marketed towards non-car people, is extremely irresponsible and quite on brand for Tesla. It should have better suspension, aero, brakes, and tires, and should be able to stop quicker than it accelerates.

It’s $/£130k isn’t it?!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Powershift posted:

Yes, but it accelerates as fast as a Bugatti Veyron, carries as many passengers as a Rolls royce Phantom, Stops in a shorter distances than a Volvo VNL, and they're like $2m combined, it's a bargain!

I don’t know who’s joking any more I hate electric!!!!!!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Russian Bear posted:

Aren't carbon ceramics actually a good idea for fancy regular street cars that you won't track? If you're leasing an expensive vehicle for 3 years, you probably won't wear anything out in that time. Let the next schmuck deal with replacement.

If you actually plan to use it on track, you will probably be replacing often so steel is the way to go.

Yeah. My pal took them off his GT3s for some AP pro5000s. They don’t heat cycle well and you’ll get through them quickly as hell. They’re good on road cars as no dust and last absolutely ages.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

It’s so sexy. The proportions are wonderful and it doesn’t have the plonked on 8” too high electric look. I want one

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

KillHour posted:

I'm in SF on vacation and I saw a Lucid on the highway. I was like "what the gently caress is that" until I saw the badge

Was it fully sick?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Those Toyotas look like student gravity sketches. Absolutely no refinement or sophistication. Weird thing to release.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Remember that 2 cylinder fiat 500 that couldn’t get up a decently sized hill lol? That did not

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I can’t even see why it’s there since the half that is steel is clearly doing all the heavy lifting? Any ideas?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

We have polestar at home

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

The bodyside is cool as hell. Big soft volume with a clean highlight but then tense sharp arches cutting into it. Ace.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Man what the hell is going on with those wheel wells and tiny wheels/tyres? Nobody is going to take this bitch off roading so why even bother not filling the arches with 24s?

https://twitter.com/gt3sam_/status/1495779338180087808?s=20&t=mian0Vh01zKScxESp4kryQ

Yuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

You use the black the break up the expanse of body. It doesn’t make it look lower but it visually lightens it. It also fuckin sucks. Bentley try a much more interesting thing with the lip and shadow. Much more premium. Stacked arches are the bane of my existence