Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I know they're in it to make money, but Jesus Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Put weights into her clothing like they do with jockeys.

Kraftwerk posted:

Man where I came from we did poo poo the old fashioned way. There weren't any pussy childseats, I sat in my mom's lap until I was old enough to sit by myself in the back seat, without a fastened seatbelt in a country famous for horrible traffic accidents. I turned out fine. Yes that was very extreme and I'm not saying we should do that. But goddamn the North American obsession with putting their kids into a protective bubble and sheltering them from every imaginable and unimaginable danger.
As almost everyone else has said, this is an inane argument to make. Was this approach tested out by you being involved in a moderate-speed accident while unrestrained? Have you considered that maybe the reason your country is "famous for horrible traffic accidents" is that it's full of people with an idiotic approach to safety?

People taking certain minimal-effort precautions to stop their offspring being pureed in a crash is not "putting their kids into a protective bubble and sheltering them from every imaginable and unimaginable danger".

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

PCOS Bill posted:

No, seatbelts and child seats may not be, but Americans are loving insane when it comes to overprotection and helicopter parenting.
It's ironic that the anti-vaxxers stem from this same problem.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Powershift posted:

Multiple. definitely multiple MPGs

the regular aventador is rated 11/18, that's not bad.
Well, they have to go through the same cycle as any regular car for the testing, so it's not going to be that far out. It'd be hilarious if the testing included "X minutes full-throttle under load, Y miles at manufacturer-claimed top speed" or whatever.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
This series is really good, it's a brilliant snapshot of a certain period in UK car culture.

Eat This Glob posted:

Well, now I start the clock on a 25 year wait to get that fuckin' Jimny. Assholes!
Well, 2nd-gen ones (the ones they actually sold as Jiknys here in the UK) are getting toward 20 years old now.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Michael Scott posted:

Question: how can we, non-car people, be expected to understand drivetrain maintenance when it is literally not mentioned in the manual or service schedule in most cases?
The manufacturer's/dealer's ideal level of understanding for people to have of maintenance is something like:

1) Go to dealer.
2) Give them money
3) No, more than that
4) See you next year

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
"Malibu" says to me "Teenage girl barfs up overpriced mixed drinks with stupid names while her friend holds her hair back from the toilet bowl".

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Not so keen on the arches on this one, but the 2-door version of Tourings often look pretty nice.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Garage2Roadtrip posted:

Is that a common model there? I don't think I've ever seen one before (on the internet). That'd be a neat 25yr import.
No, they're basically a custom special using 2 door and touring bits. BMW did build a couple of 2 door tourings, but never went anywhere with it.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
That was a good, comprehensive review, and I think it did not bad off road considering it's not in any way meant for that.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I feel justified in my burning hatred of modern BMW

Is it burning enough not to need heated seats?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

SlowBloke posted:

People in the Alps that need access to cramped roads jumped on old Daihatsu Terios and Suzuki Jimmy since the few remaining roadworthy mk1 4x4 pandas got all purchased by hipsters. My aunt had a 200k+ og 4x4 panda with busted interior and, within hours of publishing the ad, got more than what she did originally pay for the car after a quick bidding war between flannel wearers.
Panda 4x4s are loving legit, though. You're unlikely to find anything else without a low range box that's as good off road, and they'll scamper around even pretty serious terrain.