Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Y-Hat posted:

God, I hope not. The show was going to be shelved until Disney XD picked it up. They may be cranking out new episodes soon, but I don't know its status.

It and Wolverine and the X-Men were canned, Disney apparently has their own plans for both franchises. In the case of Spider-man, it's a new show based on Ultimate Spider-man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
I'm still completely bummed that they're getting rid of Chowder. It, Flapjack, and Adventure Time would be a great block of shows.

Y-Hat posted:

That's too bad, but I'm willing to give them a shot with the redirection of Spider-Man. Has anyone given a shot at animating the Ultimate universe yet?

The movie Ultimate Avengers. There's a sequel to it too, I haven't seen either of them so either someone here or in the BSS cartoon thread could tell you if they're good or not.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
I think episodes like Zanzibar or the Christmas finale would still hold up pretty well. I wouldn't be suprised if some of them didn't though.

The Steak Justice posted:

Well, sorry to double post, but this is... curious.
Was just watching cartoon network and, quite to my surprise, they brought back Totally Spies.
I didn't realize anyone actually wanted it back. Didn't Cartoon Network only pick it up the first time because the network who aired it first dropped it?

I'll freely admit Totally Spies was actually kind of entertaining. Are you sure they're not just airing the 2009 movie though? (I looked this up on wikipedia just now, this isn't something I know)

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

The Steak Justice posted:

Nope, it turns out that they're starting the series again. The "new episode" tag and everything showed up.
I'm not sure I'm 100% on this.

Wait oh my god is this a spinoff of it too now? Just saw the title card for "The Amazing Spiez," which appears to have a very similar art and animation style.

The magic of wikipedia answers all these questions, and others you never even cared about.

Apparently the French still think its cool to add Zs to things.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Episode posted:

'Canned'. Rocko loses his job at a giant comic book store and spends the rest of the episode job hunting.

Kind of a Lot of Comics! Everything in that show just had kind of weird names, like Really Really Big Man, who had nipples of the future (and a really really big kitchen).

Also, Hoss Delgado, voiced by the best comedy Batman. :3: Names are kind of the funnest things in a good show, like everything in Chowder, or the animals of Avatar: TLA.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
It's not just a marathon, it's a pop-up marathon!

Also grown-up Chowder looks creepy.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

nfreakct posted:

Hey look, Regular Show has a trailer!

Don't watch. It's an evil show.

I'm not sure I could watch this and then Adventure Time. It could potentially kill a person.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

IRQ posted:

If you're not up for an immature parody of Survivor, Fear Factor, and The Amazing Race, don't bother.

Or get over yourself and enjoy a fun cartoon that spoofs reality tv and has fart jokes. I don't understand posting in this thread about other kids shows and making GBS threads on Total Drama but goons.

Not everyone is going to enjoy it. And mind you, I don't care either way about Johnny Test, but I can't stand to sit through an episode of Total Drama. Then again, I've developed a visceral hate for reality TV, and the parody is just so weak. Hell, I can sit through Drawn Together, but I figure it's because they ditched the reality show bit fast and just became general parody and cartoon smut.

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

Also, have a very disappointing screenshot of the live action Flapjack protagonists if you haven't seen it already. Bubby was pretty funny though:

(Those eyes)

The way you (I'm assuming) took these makes them look so 80s VCR tape, it's actually kind of perfect.

On a totally different note, those youtube links to the Regular Show promos got taken down. Which is lame, because I wanted to show a friend the one where they synchronize their watches.

And on a thrice different note, gently caress original Nicktoons Network shows. First that crappy Kappa Mikey thing, and now it's some lovely NFL show and a Jimmy Neutron spin-off no one asked for. I have a special special hate for Kappa Mikey though. Finishing Rocko's Modern Life or Avatar and then hearing that criminally bad theme.

I'm mad about cartoons, guys.

Oh! And speaking of themes, The Mighty B! has a pretty bad one too.

Mad about cartoon music.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
No paper, always stone tablets.

Ice Blue posted:

Apparently there's some shakedown going on at Cartoon Network west coast HQ (maybe the whole company). I was invited to have a tour of the studios by a dad of one of the producers that works there (who worked on Chowder) but then I heard it fell through because of some shakedown at the company making it a bad time to visit.

:ohdear: I wonder what that means. They've finally hit a wonderful stride with Regular Show, Adventure Time, just coming off Chowder and Flapjack, their action is awesome with Sym-bionic Titan and Star Wars, I hope none of these are affected.

It's kind of like when they had their massive block of Cartoon Cartoons when I was younger, everything is just kind of fun and awesome.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

DivisionPost posted:

You know what, I missed the title card and my TV guide had them in the wrong order. It was "Meet the Beat Alls."

I love that episode! Of course I really like the Beatles, anyone who doesn't is going to feel the episode is massively flat.

Maybe you were looking for the word "clever"?

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
You know what has a harder time holding up? Clarissa Explains It All. I mean, it's still good, but it looks so painful.

Tartarus Sauce posted:

I don't like Butch Hartman's boxy style, so I admit his shows, while good, are sometimes hard for me to get into.

He has a really distinct style. You can tell he made everything he did, but I'd really like it if he branched out like Craig McCracken and Genndy Tartakovsky. They keep some details, but they really try to switch it up.

Also, I just learned first there's a Dumb and Dumber cartoon, and Craig worked on the character designs.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Macrame_God posted:

Avatar: The Last Airbender is a great choice if you haven't seen it yet.

Seriously. This applies to anyone in this thread.

It's so good the thread has been around since the finale in 2008, not because more was coming out, it's just that good.

And in about a year we WILL be getting more. :dance:

VVVV Also that, for the love of all that is good and right with the world.

Fishylungs fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Mar 15, 2011

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Tartarus Sauce posted:

Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote toons have the same premise as Tom and Jerry, but they're ten times funnier. Ditto Sylvester and Tweety.

I think in relation to Tom & Jerry and Roadrunner & Wile E. Coyote, it's because Roadrunner doesn't typically go out of his way to beat the hell out of Wile E. Coyote. And for the most part Tom is just being a dick to Jerry for no reason, but Jerry is usually just as bad.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

JammyLammy posted:

Its weird watching shows I saw a kid and realizing how many of them were technically anime.

I was surprised to learn this about Maple Town. I had the toys, actually. :3: It's the whole reason I love Animal Crossing.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
That's kind of odd. But I think it looks like a good cast.

I had completely forgot they were making a new series. And now know apparently Donatello and Michelangelo are getting new weapons.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

raditts posted:

I watched the hell out of Cartoon Network's lovely Hanna-Barbera back-catalog programming when they first started, and I don't remember anything like this. In fact I remember them showing the more crazy out-there poo poo really late at night.

Then you weren't there from the start it seems, because I remember that too. :colbert:

On a side note, they're apparently planning on making a live action Ben Ten movie. Like for theaters and stuff.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Neo Helbeast posted:

Didn't they already do that though? And nobody liked it?

It was a TV movie, so this'll be different in it won't have the same budget as say, Destroy Build Destroy.

Though yea, kid actors can be a bit of a trick. Either you get rather good kids (GoT, apparently Super 8) or you get spy bad kids.

Fun facts though, the first live action movie had a budget of $18 million, while the second had a budget of $40 million and a limited release in Australia.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Neo Helbeast posted:

Well as long as "miniature horse magenta pastry" is still one step away from being a serial killer I'm more than happy. And on the other note I think it's really weird that Young Justice only aired six episodes then they went off to go make a second season instead of finishing the first. I can't help but think of the legend of Korra in this regard. It's just so weird.

LoK is getting it's soundtrack recorded, which is why they still have time to keep it off and work to finish the second half of the season.

And since the soundtrack is one of the great things of an already great show, I'm all for them taking their sweet time. :colbert:

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Farbtoner posted:

The artist that created the trollface sent a bunch of cease-and-desist letters to Reddit, etc. a month ago, he's going to have a conniption when he finds out about that.

And I had no idea that birds with arms was a thing outside of SA.

Hopefully then it'll mean it'll kill all those horrible horrible things.

Though I did love the last shot of Lion-o. :3:

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Sockser posted:

It's still running in japan :shobon:
They're on season 7.

I was going to say "man that's lame" but looking it apparently went back to the lighter tone that the first 2 seasons had. Sounds kind of nice. And I mean it can't be as half baked as series 4.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

TwoPair posted:

But season 5 had the lead character beating the ever-lovin' gently caress out of Digimon so it's clearly the best season.

Please tell me he doesn't have some sort of magic punch and it really is just him punchy the gently caress out of Digimon like it's no big deal.

This also makes me really wish I could play Digimon World 1 again. I wish they had another game similar to that. :(

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness is apparently airing a preview episode right now.

There's uh, a lot of discussion about skulls. "Here's an interesting fact about skulls, you can't drink soup out of them." Monkey said that. "I need some new tchotchkes, his Panda skull will fit perfect right here" the villain clears off space on a shelf full of skulls. She mentions she plans to sever his skull too.

It's not really great, but it's not bad.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

TwoPair posted:

So, has anybody dared to stare into the abyss and watch the Annoying Orange show?

It's awful. I demand compensation. I demand RESTITUTION!

It's like they knew what was wrong with MAD, and decided to build a whole show around it.

Gravity Falls has Kristen Schaal! Whom I love as Louis on Bob's Burgers, and her stint on 30 Rock, and her crazy rear end parts on The Daily Show.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

I truly believe that Jeph wants to make humanity miserable.

Phineas and Pherb are going to get a new friend named Sam. And then he's going to die.

Some people say it's not funny to joke about, but the man has made it a running joke.

Of course maybe we'll luck out and this move will get Loeb pushed into ALL of Disney TV, and then superheroes will be safe again.

:( I just want my Avengers not to turn stupid.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
I just read that in her voice, it's hilarious!

Seriously, Linda Ellerbee is a national treasure, what is wrong with some people?

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

thelaughingman posted:

Didn't someone of the forums brag about working on that show?

I remember that post! Yea it was right before it premiered they were like "yea, watch this awesome show I helped make!" and I think the response after that was it wasn't bad for a first episode. Sounds like it didn't get any better.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
Yea, it's a pretty good educational TV show, why wouldn't they bring it back?

But they'd better bring Lily Tomlin back too or there really isn't a point. :mad:

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

cant cook creole bream posted:

Yangchen was really cool. She approached the whole airbender thing quite differently from Aang since she was absolutely pragmatic and cunning. Which makes sense considering the one time Aang talked to her. I enjoyed that story.

Where there other books besides the two Kioshi ones and that one?

There's a second Yangchen book.

I loved all the books and from Yangchen one of my favorite bits of added lore was about Avatar Szeto. Yangchen goes "he was amazing, why do I suck so bad?" And the reality is he spent his Avatar career as a Fire Nation bureaucrat/CPA. Something just delights me with the idea everyone during Yangchen's time is yearning for a man who was a professional boring person.

I would love it if they adapted the books into an animated show.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Larryb posted:

How was the Kuruk book then?

All of Kuruk's stuff is in Kyoshi's book. The spirit stuff happened but to the outside world it kind of just looked like he hosed around and was the party Avatar. Its really good stuff.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

cant cook creole bream posted:

Yeah, now that you mention it, that does ring a bell, yes. I think Kyoshi's low opinion of him turned around at the end? But his legacy in the eyes of the public was completely trashed.

I bet along the line there must have been some versions which were just downright incompetent.

Yea she wrapped up the stuff with Father Gloworm and was like "poo poo, no wonder you died young!"

He also wanted to bang Kyoshi's firebending master but she was engaged so everyone told him "bro, don't." And it hosed him up more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

The Bee posted:

I feel like its an interesting contrast to, say, the Garp stuff for One Piece Live Action. I feel like that at least tried to help build up the Marines early on, seed Coby's character arc, and help tie the season in a little bow with an emotional climax for Luffy in case they didn't get a second shot. And even then, despite having way more point than the Azula scenes, the Garp scenes were considered one of the more egregious additions.

I'm rewatching anime One Piece and I realized the Garp stuff is just the Water 7/Enies Lobby ending moved earlier. Like it doesn't really damage anything moving it other than Coby hasn't really started getting jacked.

Also didn't they say they aren't doing the war in Ba Sing Se? Like... ok season 2 is going to get weird then.