Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

Lockback posted:

That seems to say a lot about your choices of employers.

Or other people's choices of government!

But yeah, sounds like a good point to raise at the next annual review re: compensation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

Sundae posted:

I’ll gather them and return them myself. It’s literally a full cabinet for him, and I have 2-3 as well.

Build a fort.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

Car Hater posted:

it's the second one that hurts the most

Really.
It's so sad when a place is more or less fine, so you get comfortable, start to care about how it's doing, get everything and everyone polished up and working well... then some external event tips the whole thing over and you're back hopping from shitfire to shitfire.
Had that twice, once being once being an extremely unwise C-suite appointment when I was still in corp stuff, and once more recently being covid.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

Marking his territory.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

Sundae posted:

Yeah that's probably accurate. I'm curious to find out what we didn't do (or what their contract-firm managers didn't do). Always a chance that we're hosed-once-removed and it's actually a dispute with their primary employer.

I prefer "grandfucked" for stuff like this.
It expresses the likely situation better.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

Heat death or stable state?

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I sigh as I unfold a printout of my posts.

Hmm.

*takes notes*

Hmm. I see. And then?

*takes notes*

Of course. Nice meltdown, Mr Hander.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

knox_harrington posted:

How many table tennis balls could fit in the fuselage of a 747?

If you're interviewing for Boeing, "How many table tennis balls would you leave in the fuselage of a 747 after manufacture?"

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

SpartanIvy posted:

I'm in a company wide management meeting and everyone's Teams icon is a headshot, most in business formal, and there's one guy who has a yin and yang icon where yin is on fire and yang is frozen. He is of course an IT engineer.

Go all the way.
Have a picture of the grim reaper with a pair of smoking desert eagles against a background of flames and some text that's too small and compressed to properly read.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

My teams av was a broken image symbol for a long while, which amused until it didn't.
Now it's just a bland coloured square.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

Democratic Pirate posted:

A coworker had someone send an email at 7:30pm on Friday and a “just following up on this” note with god and country cc’d at 8:45am on Monday.

To me that’s worthy of a lifelong grudge.

Even seeing those timestamps happening to someone else would have me looking out for that person's bullshit going forward. Instant distrust.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

Nybble posted:

(Inappropriate personal number sharing/use)

It's bad, but I don't think you're going to change them, or see much difference if you change jobs.

Wait until the stress has subsided and you're getting more sleep, but it seems like it'd be easier to change phone numbers (even with associated info updates to various things that depend on it) than changing employment.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

priznat posted:

In CK you have the chance of befriending a lucky cat that helps your reign until it is assassinated by your ne’er do well half brother.

I think this proves your point

The lucky cat is a problem-free implementation of sharepoint.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

knox_harrington posted:

What do you think other people do to get drugs approved?

*idly considers aduhelm*

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I got invited to a "lunch and learn" thing but it's not clear if lunch is provided which is a major omission.

Lunch and learn; fast and forget.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

Midjack posted:

They call these "brown bags" at my fedgov workplace and lol if we get free food on the taxpayer dime so we're encouraged to bring our lunches and get eyefucked by lovely PowerPoints in an overcrowded conference room for an hour. I only go when it's a topic of intense personal interest presented by someone with a unique perspective and I never eat during the show. Our lunches are unpaid anyway so I just eat afterwards, it makes for a slightly longer day but is a net positive. Now, if people start using the other popular definition of brown bag it could get significantly more entertaining.

Innovation: black bag lunches.

You submit the attendance list to security and they awake, confused and groggy, strapped to a chair in the meeting room.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

Access to lunch

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

If they're technically inclined, just tweak your typing slightly.

"Should we go with A XOR B? Please respond in the form of a logic table."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

SerthVarnee posted:

Roll some dice and go "you've chosen B then! Alright!"

Dare you enter my magical realm?