Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

I'm quite late to the Red Dead Redemption party so I was wondering,since I know the story spoilers I have a question about when to save before John Marston dies so I don't have to deal with lovely Jack and if anyone had a spare War Horse code I could take it off your hands perhaps :shobon:

Also I'm buying that DLC on day one.

Corzaa fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Sep 30, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

blackguy32 posted:

I say just create a separate save before "And the Truth Will Set You Free", its the last one before you go to your ranch. Also, Jack Marston owns.

Which mission is that after?

Hungryjack posted:

Yeah these zombies are nice and all, but nobody is asking the real question about this upcoming DLC: Will they finally add fishing?

Holy poo poo that would be amazing.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

I just finished the game and I'm glad I had the explosive rifle because I don't want any remains of the Ross Family to exist,even 6 feet underground.

Now bring on Undead Nightmare.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Can you use the explosive rifle when you face off against Ross? Because if so, that might be worth a replay right there.

No,you can't.

I pretty much just shot his already dead body with it

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

HereCometheKillBots posted:

You've got to use the High-Power Pistol. It's just so drat right.

Oh that I did, and it was GLORIOUS!

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Hahaha thats awesome. I love how in the Outfitter Bonnie McFarlane is having a huge swig of Bourbon or whatever it is.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Has anyone ever seen an animal fight? I was up in Tall Trees and saw a Wolf and Bear fighing each other. I thought the Wolf had chased it off but then the Bear ran back and killed the Wolf with one swipe. :(

I shot the Bear after that.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Eggplant Ronin posted:

Ah, so it's gonna be an alternate final act. That's what I figured it would be, but not exactly what I had hoped it would be.

Still, the idea of hordes of zombies shambling over the desolate landscape just sounds so menacing. Zombie games really don't do menace.

I bought a bunch of adult diapers after watching the trailer because I know I'm gonna get the poo poo scared out of me multiple times.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

I hope Landon Ricketts is'nt Zombiefied.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Hungryjack posted:

I was outside of Rathskeller Fork looking for snakes when the Jackalope just showed up.

Also, I cannot find a cougar anywhere. I got this here dynamite ready to go and no cougars to throw it at. Where do I go to hunt the cougar?

You don't hunt cougar,cougar hunts you.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

I swear to god if something bad happens to Marshal Leigh Johnson in Undead Nightmare I'm gonna kill somebody.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

wa27 posted:

Bigfoot in GTA San Andreas was a pretty big hoax when that game came out, so it's pretty funny that Rockstar posted that.

Hahaha,My mate started that rumor over at GTA Forums and he posts here at SA.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

I just finished Undead Nightmare last night. Ending felt a bit sudden but it was a fun ride :).

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Saint Sputnik posted:

Woah, my game just hosed up. I was in freeroam massacring innocent townsfolk when all of a sudden the top half got pixelly and said Wreck of the Serendipity and then everything froze. Couldn't bring up the home menu, had to press off on the console.

The disc is fine and I only ever play with the game installed, so I have no clue. Could it be an online problem?

Nope. Red Dead Redemption is just glitchy as gently caress.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Obeast posted:

Unless you turned off auto-save for some reason, the game saved after you beat whatever mission you beat prior to it freezing. So, unless you did a shitload of stuff between then and when it froze, you're probably gonna be okay.

Edit: I hope you didn't mean it froze right after you beat the mission while it was saving. :ohdear:

Auto Save does'nt work if you used cheats also.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Obeast posted:

It turns off when you level it up during a story mission (I forgot which one, but I think it was one of the early Mexico ones).

"Landon Ricketts rides again" If I'm not mistaken.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Speaking of the law, more than once some random person in Armadillo has started shooting at me for no reason, and if i fight back, i'm wanted. What the hell?

Also, how can I check which horse I have. I accidentally bought the slowest horse right after buying the most expensive.

Just use the deed for the horse you want to use.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Tentacle Party posted:

I just picked up the GOTY edition for PS3, and the actual console too so im new to the whole thing, but the GOTY edition doesn't seem to come with the DLC as promised? Has anyone else bought it yet? Im guessing there was supposed to be a code in the box, because on the PSN store all the DLC is there with $ signs next to it.

Is there something im missing, could the DLC be preloaded and I just dont know it? Im basing my assumption on that the DLC is still for sale, and I cant see the new outfits, golden guns or warhorse.

PSN- A_GUN_SHOTTER :)

I actually have'nt played in a while but I'm pretty sure when you load it up you can press triangle perhaps and it tells you what DLC is loaded.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Rirse posted:

Finally after years of owning this I have beat the game. I got motivated to play it again as I felt bad about never finishing it before starting up GTA5 next week. Such a amazing game, shame it never had a PC release.

Anyone else do the very fitting thing of killing Ross with the very pistol he gave to John?

Yep! I even shot his body with the explosive rifle. no funeral.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Playing through the finale is brutal. Every time something good happens to John I just feel more and more :smith:

I just bonded with my son and my wife is at home making me stew :ohdear:

Not to mention your awesome drunk old-timey prospector Uncle!

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Wolfsheim posted:

Wow, you were not kidding about bugs. In the opening cutscene where Uncle attacks them, he was completely invisible, and when the gameplay started and I was supposed to shoot him, he was a zombie cougar. Then in the following cutscene both Abigail and Jack's models had been replaced by the same random prostitute, who proceeded to call out for it's mother and then bite itself. I was laughing so hard I had to turn it off.

No wonder this game never got a PC port.

The code is held together with Blu-tack and kind thoughts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Wolfsheim posted:

I also started a new game of the original RDR just to see how well the PSN version runs, and wow did I forget what a rough start it is; a twenty-minute cutscene, another ten-minute glorified cutscene (holding a button down to keep your horse galloping while two characters talk doesn't actually count as gameplay), and then three or four tutorial missions after that. I don't think I've ever played a game with a slower start than that.

The game really picks up once you get a Lasso.

• Locked thread