Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

SlothfulCobra posted:

I had a hard time shooting him at all. By becoming obsessed with revenge and seeking out and murdering a man in cold blood, Jack has gone down the path of outlaw scum, the path that John specifically wanted to steer him away from. God knows what happened to Abigail with John gone and Jack just another outlaw. Jack is the worst.

drat powerful ending though.
It's quite well done really. I was all pumped to kill the fascist bastard but then after I did it it all just hit me. Despite any flaws it has when it comes to storytelling RDR really sticks to its themes real well. Not many games do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

raditts posted:

I don't know why we should assume that Jack becomes an outlaw. Ross was a scumbag and the only thing that made him any different from an outlaw was that he had a badge and the law to help him carry out his murders, and got awarded and praised for it. That son of a bitch deserved every bullet he got, and I don't think giving them to him makes you a bad guy, that's just how you roll in the wicky wicky wild wild west.
He did kill a retired government official and he'd be suspect Number 1 what with him asking Ross' brother and wife where he was right before he was found shot dead in a river. Ross was a killer hiding behind a badge that deserved what came to him but Jack still had to sacrifice the life that John wanted for him in order to do it.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Aug 8, 2013

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Have you played Call of Juarez: Gunslinger? It's of an arcade style FPS so its lot different than Red Dead but its fun and its got a lot of charm. Plus all the boss fights are famous outlaws like Billy the Kid and Jesse James.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

HORMELCHILI posted:

I dont give a flying poo poo about a RDR sequel that isn't made by Rockstar though, have they said anything about it?
Doesn't Rockstar own Red Dead? I thought they bought the IP off of Capcom when they made Revolver.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Once I got The Man with No Name poncho I never took it off.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
From what I've always heard Revolver is a good game, though its very different from Redemption, i.e. its a lot more arcadey with no open world.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I actually made a save right before the mission where you confront Dutch , because I had a feeling that I should. I was totally right and went back to that save file after beating the game and just started doing the side stuff that I didn't do with John. Nothing against Jack though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Wolfsheim posted:

I don't think I've ever played a game with a slower start than that.
Never play JRPGs.

• Locked thread