Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Darth Brooks posted:

A buddy and I could use some help tomorrow night. We've been trying to get the trophy for being most wanted for ten minutes and getting away. The problem isn't the lawmen, it's the idiots who decide to come over from the other side of the map to keep us from finishing this thing out.
Had a lot of fun gooning out with you guys and getting some posse points and trophies. Too bad I couldn't tell you in game. I even have the Dualshock PS3 keyboard but fat lotta good it does in a game that doesn't have a text chat or even gestures.

Would posse again. A++++

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Darth Brooks posted:

Get a mic. Multiplayer is way better with one. You heard what we were able to do, getting things somewhat organized. I definitely want to do more of mutliplayer & large posse nights.
Yeah yeah, I know. First I gotta get resurrect a computer from the grave then I'll get a Bluetooth headset. It's not high on my priority list at the moment. But if any of you see "NoxiousAir" dinking around on PSN hit me up for RDR goodness, I'm always up for it. I'm DLCed up the wazoo.

We should have a Poker/Liar's Dice Night for shits and giggles.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

I want the zombie bunnies to go for the throat kill like this:

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

I'll probably join in the fun. Bout what time do you guys wanna posse up on PSN tonight? Since I'm still one of those without a mic, do you guys utilize an irc chat somewhere at the same time? It's not important if you don't. I listen and do what I'm told.

PSN NoxiousAir

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Thread bump to let you all know that RDR multiplayer will be in Triple XP mode all night tonight.

Rockstar Games (Facebook) posted:

Triple XP is now live for the rest of the night in Red Dead Redemption & Undead Nightmare multiplayer, we're on and playing for the next 2 hours on both PSN and Xbox LIVE, add RedDeadDev3 to play with us & be sure to restart your console if you aren't seeing Triple XP, see you in-game...

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Darth Brooks posted:

We've got another triple XP alert.
Sweet. Any PS3 goons wanna posse up and tackle some multiplayer and co-op trophies this weekend? The triple XP is just icing since when nothing is going on I can roll through Pike's Basin a few more times to finally get to Lvl 50. A full weekend will get me there easily since I'm on level 34 right now.

PSN: NoxiousAir

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Captain Beans posted:

How do you turn off regen horses? Or is it just like a house rule you are doing?

Am I missing something or just bugged? I just got my two homeboys in Mexico and the government dudes told me to go to Blackwater. So I ride up there and look all around the town and I can't see any uh missions or anything really. It also wouldn't let me save in a bed and if I tried to camp it would say, 'Don't have time to camp'. I killed myself and then I was able to save but I don't see any clues on what comes next.

Help?
There's a man you meet in the gazebo outside of the courthouse. It starts as if it's just a side mission task but turns into a campaign.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Dewgy posted:

I think you may have skipped an entire third of the game with this advice.

Did you leave anything undone in Mexico? Check your map for mission icons, I'm pretty sure you have to finish every mission in Mexico before there's any in Blackwater.
I'm drawing this entirely from memory, but you are right, if there are still stones to turn in Mexico complete all of those first and Blackwater (among others) should light up with things to do.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Derryck Catskills posted:

Just added you im down. I dont have a mic so i cant talk at all tho.
Sweet. We should organize a time and a chat channel on the goon server so those without mics can still call everyone in the posse a human being. I'll be on a little later after 10pm Pacific. Got some obligations to take care of.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Herbert Moon meeting the Nazi SS would be like a tearful family reunion.
Lots of hugging and fist bumps.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Rockstar Games posted:

QUAD XP is live in Red Dead Redemption for the next four days, be sure to restart your console for it to take effect: http://rsg.ms/vOS7WN
For anyone needing to level up to 50, this holiday weekend would be the one to do it. Double XP is one thing to make a significant level grind but Quad makes it effortless.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

ExplodingSquidx2 posted:

So I'm 70 odd % through Undead Nightmare. I've yet to catch the unicorn and finish the final challenge of 5 kills in 8 seconds with the sniper. Then I think save the rest of the missing people. I can't see that adding up to 100% though...
The unicorn spawn is hinky and waity but eventually it does happen. I want to say it tends to happen more at night but it's been awhile since I went looking for it.

For the sniper kills, the easiest is to go to Jorge's Gap in New Austin but be up top of the gorge and not at ground level. There are shitloads of zombies to plink off. Hell, even missing the one you are aiming for will likely hit another one. The bad side is zombie cougars tend to hang out up there. I think what I did was sit right at the entrance of the Gap zoom in deep into the gap with the snipe rifle and start popping heads working far back to front. Once the zombies start getting their gallop on chasing toward you they bunch up real good for multikills.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

ExplodingSquidx2 posted:

I got the sniper kills there but in a VERY easy way. Coated the bullets with phosphorus and made about 5/6 shots and got the challenge.
Aww poo poo, I forgot about the phosphorus bullets. :downs:

That's exactly how I did it too.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Capn Beeb posted:

Son of a bitch.

I lassoed them all together.
If you aren't being sarcastic that's hardcore as gently caress.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Dr. Ohnoman posted:

gently caress Liar's Dice. I've been trying to get the achievement for winning a game without losing a die, but every single time I play I lose one at the end for some stupid reason. :bahgawd:
I got that one completely by chance playing against a bunch of Brits late at night that had just installed it since it's free for them on PSN+. When the game finished I hadn't even realized I had swept the table. Felt good.
:smugdog::pipe:

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Morter posted:

Ricketts is as overrated as his speeches were long.

Now, the origins of Herbert Moon, however...:haw:
Wouldn't that just be a game of Bully set in the 1800's?
That would be awesome.

I wonder what the Jews did to Herbert Moon to hate them so much? I mean, he's all Jews did this and Jews did that while the Irish (who were pretty universally disliked during that time period) get a pass. What is your story Herbert Moon? What is your angle of hatred?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

5er posted:

Well, the issues sorted themselves out after a few hours. I should've just been patient. Like, 10 hours patient.
Rockstar Social Club has been clinging to life ever since GTA5 Online released. Social Club falls over constantly especially during peak times. RDR and GTA I would guess run on different servers but the main Social Club authorizing server comes out of one place and that's the part that's getting constantly drilled with traffic.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Just a heads up. With Gamespy servers set to go offline after May 31st some functions of RDR will be abandoned. Rockstar claims they'll issue a patch to point the online servers somewhere else so multiplayer doesn't just die in the water but considering RDR is a 5+ year old game they may not be in much of a hurry to push one through.

The Social Club leaderboards will no longer function and there is no intention to repair it. They will just evaporate. That isn't so much of a big deal but the possibility of losing multiplayer is.

If you have any online trophies yet to go for you might want to get cracking on it just in case.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

^^^^ Wow, I figured the game was older than that.

blackguy32 posted:

I have been getting this strange bug whenever I go online. Ill start off on McFarlane ranch, only there are a bunch of guys with no arms just laying on the ground. Then when you shoot them, the game starts playing the gunshot over and over again, your killstreak rockets to 998, and the game gives you +1 XP rapidly over and over again. Also, the screen bugs out.
You can thank modded PS3s for that. You are on a server that hackers have exploited and the exploit then infects your game like a virus. If you run into someone else in game you will in turn infect them. Only way out of it is to start a private session so the data is cleared of the "virus" then try another public session. It's also best to avoid MacFarlane Ranch online all together since that's where the virus spawns.

If you see a guy at MacFarlane stuck halfway in the ground do not interact or do anything with it. That's the trigger point for the exploit.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 22:35 on May 18, 2014

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Morter posted:

Speaking of replays, I finally, finally, finally, after many long years, got the Spurred to Victory achievement. Thank you, war horse :3:
I'm replaying to get that trophy too. After I achieve that one I'll have only 2 fairly rudimentary online trophies to go for in order to Plat. Thankfully, I was in a big goon session years ago where we were all going for the "Wanted" trophy. I would have never gotten that one on my own in a pubbie match.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

ninjahedgehog posted:

So PS+ just downloaded a RDR patch today. Does anyone know what it was for? Honestly, I'm surprised this game still gets patched at all :iiam:
The MP servers were dropped by Gamespy at the end of May so it's likely a patch to point the MP servers elsewhere (likely housed by Rockstar now).
They also might have patched the XP exploit glitch in MP that was pissing a lot of people off.

HORMELCHILI posted:

I dont give a flying poo poo about a RDR sequel that isn't made by Rockstar though, have they said anything about it?
Rockstar has said they are working on a sequel but had nothing more to report on it than that.
They have no plans to one and done the RDR brand, they know it is a very successful IP and aren't going to let it twist in the wind and collect dust.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jun 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Oh, cool. Did it unlock the cheats as well?

Flaming bullets was the only one I got from the social site back in the 360 days, haven't done much with it online since. Still, bullets that set people on fire are always awesome.
The cheats were tied in with the Social Club achievements.
So since those achievements were retired when Social Club was yanked the weapons and perks from beating those modes were unlocked for everybody.

• Locked thread