Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Tide posted:

Steeda Widebody:

What kind of suspension do you need to run to get the wheels to look right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Edmunds mixed up the front and rear tires on their longterm '15 GT:
http://www.edmunds.com/ford/mustang/2015/long-term-road-test/2015-ford-mustang-gt-source-of-mysterious-noise-identified.html

I sympathize -- I'd expect a car with staggered wheels to warrant staggered tires, making it visually obvious (and at least obvious by inspection of the tire code) which wheel went where.

On top of all that, no one noticed any odd handling. Granted, it wasn't tracked on this wrong setup, but still. Maybe that cm or so of different offset doesn't really show itself.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Cage posted:

Man, I sure wish I could drive my car. I dont think they make 315mm snow tires though. :smug:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=Winter+Carving+Edge+Run+Flat&partnum=135TR0WCEXLRFT
There's a selection of really expensive snow tires out there in the 300+ size range. Pretty much for crazy supercar owners.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

kalvick posted:

Cage, I know your kidding but for everyone else.... Seriously if you are gonna drive in snow you do NOT want to have wide or low profile tires.

You want thin tires that can cut thru snow. If you can get tires that are the same width as your stock tires or preferably a little less. Like going from a 265 to 255
you will be in a much better place! If you have a 20" wheel consider downgrading to a 18" steelie wheel, that way you can have more tire wall.

For normal wheels, yeah, the narrower the better. For when an 18" wheel won't clear your caliper, all you can hope for is to get the right tread compound and pattern on your tobaggan of a tire.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

oRenj9 posted:

I think the whole narrow = better when it comes to snow tires is baloney. The logic is that the skinnier tire goes deeper into the snow, but that's just not correct. The 235s on my car car go just as deep in the snow as the 195s on my wife's car. Neither will touch pavement rolling over more than a few inches of fresh snow.

There's gotta be some effect. Why do rally cars have such skinny studded tires? They could get more studs if they ran wider tires.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

jhcain posted:

The motor will bolt into an 08- take out the 4.6, bolt in coyote. There's no ps pump, so add one for power steering. It's really not that daunting, it's just kind of expensive LEGO blocks. If it's something you can't do, don't. But if you had a pre-coyote mustang with the 4.6, swapping in a coyote might make sense. And fun, too!

Is the new ECU swappable for the old one?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

What is that shifter extension kit?:
https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/articles/over-prepared-mustang/

I always thought it was kind of crazy how forward the shifter was in the New Edge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Do you guys find the shifter to be uncomfortably far forward in those cars? Maybe it's just how it looks crammed under the console in the New Edge.