Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

BonzoESC posted:

Edit: suck it winter-havers, temperature bottomed out at 40°F this year.

I hope global warming makes your paradise unlivable! I will have the last laugh!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So are there any rear wheel drive platforms that Lincoln is using? I bet we will get a EUCD platform mustang. RIP 650 hp mustang, you will be missed. Buy them up while you can.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

oRenj9 posted:

You think we will get the next Mustang on a FWD sedan/minivan platform? I was under the impression that the Mustang is getting a brand new platform, it just will not be unique to the Mustang any longer.

I think world car is code for two door mkz/fusion with turbos available.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Q_res posted:

You seriously think Ford is going to gently caress up one of their two biggest cash cows? Yeah, ok...

What makes you think the mustang makes them any money? The unit volume does not support this at all. F150 drives profits, then the Escape, and then the Fusion. You are arguing with your heart not your head. What percentage of mustangs are even sold as GTs anyway? 1/3?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

kronix posted:

I also have every reason to believe that the V6 Mustang will absolutely destroy the FR-S on any racetrack.

Especially in a collision!

I am going to start working on my wife so I can buy a used GT500 4 years from now when you guys get bored with them. I want to shame my father in laws hot rods with $20K big blocks in them with my, shudder, Ford.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Buy this and ship it!

You can thank me later.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
It looks like he got it running and doubled the price. Wait no that is a different car. WTF is going on. Did he swap the front? This is bizarre.

Elephanthead fucked around with this message at 16:22 on May 17, 2012

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
It is pretty bad. 1999 or newer is slightly better. You get the bad mileage without the good butt dyno feeling. It will run forever though so as long as you don't mind being out dragged by v6 minivans you will be fine.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Plus leaving your mustang bone stocks means I will actual want to buy it compared to me ignoring it as soon as I see a bunch of mods.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Slow is Fast posted:

Dumb question time.

Dad's 05 3.8 v6 auto mustang is throwing codes.

P2106 - Throttle Actuator Control System
P2135 - Throttle Pedal Position Sensor / Switch
A/B Voltage Comelation? (I cant read his loving handwriting)

So what parts are we throwing at this to shut the computer up.

The car wants you to transplant a 5.0 in there. It really does.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
But it is heavier and has less horsepower so it is crap. Am I right?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Complaining about a Fords build quality is like complaining your Mcdonalds tastes funny. It is the workers feces getting wiped on the work product!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
There is no way Ford doesn't have the naming rights locked up for life on Shelby Cobra Mustang. They should name it the flapping mullet 500. FM500GTSVT Shelby Cobra XtremXXe Boss 302 is coming though I am sure.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Bumpers are made to be bumped. If you park in a garage you should probably just wait until you have a couple more dents to save on the overall repair costs. People are inattentive aholes.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Yeah sometimes when I cruising down the highway at 180 I think to myself I could get where I am going a lot faster at 240.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Or you can upgrade to the GT500 and get a better rock grinder.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Cocoa Crispies posted:

Oh god, is this the part where I get to be crotchety and say my Mustang is one of the last of the Real Mustangs? I hope so!

By real do you mean a modern copy of a fastback generation 1? Or do you have a first generation mustang.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The only thing that keeps me from buying one is I need a 4 door. I am to fing old to be crawling in and out of back seats to beat my children. I would buy that orange 4 door boss 302 today if it was for sale.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Dick Burglar posted:

So basically the F150 lineup? Yeah, I can see that. Sad day, though. V6s (boosted or not) will never sound as cool as V8s.

They have speakers to take care of that now. They put them right under the dash to make vroom vroom sounds.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
What is $20? One pack of smokes or one cigar? Designing things to accommodate smokers is long gone. You will see a tofu storage tray before ashtrays ever become standard again.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

PT6A posted:

And yet they managed to include an ashtray exactly where I think it ought to go in the Mustang! My word, how did they ever bear that extreme expense and inconvenience?

By charging 10 grand more then a mustang?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
There is a reason Ford set the parameters the way they come. Those reasons may not be applicable to your driving or your location. Does Ford send the cars to Denver with a different tune then LA?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Hog Obituary posted:

Hey guys, can somebody tell me about '71-'73 fastbacks? I've started to get a bit of an itch for one and noticed that they're cheaper than I expected on Craigslist. I understand they're less desirable than the earlier models - is that mostly because of size and weight?

I would probably pickup a 2005+ GT for those prices, well for significantly less then those prices heh Ford.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Can you install a f150 elocker? You will save on tires with single tire burnouts unless you really want too smoke both at the same time, or you know you are stuck in the snow.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I see you meant 2013 not 2011. I would cry myself to sleep if I paid that much for a Ford that wasn't already fully depreciated but it sounds like you got a fair average price for a brand new car.

Elephanthead fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Sep 27, 2012

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

OrganizedEntropy posted:

This has been a common issue with the 2011/2012 5.0's and GT500's. If you bring it in with a noisy diff, Ford adds a friction modifier to the rear diff fluid and it fixes the noise.

Long enough to get past that 3 year warranty! Got to love Ford's long term strategy.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

HiddenReplaced posted:

Just in case it's not clear from the picture, he's not even in a parking spot. He parks in the area where the little ramp is for rolling things onto the sidewalk. I'm kind of impressed how far someone will go just to get the point across that they're an rear end in a top hat.

I would have him towed by the cops everyday.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Weinertron posted:

The V6es after 2011 don't elicit this kind of hatred, do they? :ohdear:

Don't worry your name is wienertron. I just assume you bought one to attract 65 year old ladies for your gigolo business. You get no AI credit for anything less then a boss 302 though. Why does my spell checker contain wiener-tron as a word?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Q_res posted:

What? A 90-93 LX Notch is the best looking Fox-body Stang next to an SVO, I don't know how you can be so wrong about this... :mad:

But I want to look like I am in the movie menance to society so I need the GT body kit.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Dealer's service shops need to make money too. If you want easy to change plugs buy a straight 6 you babies.

I usually stay out of helping friends buy cars. You can only lose, never gain friendship that way. Learn to say nice things no matter what they buy. That is what people want.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I don't love either, but I would roll both of them into a ditch if you let me borrow them for driving in the blizzard.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

opengl128 posted:

Exactly the experience I had with my V6/auto rental. Very decent engine, ruined by terrible transmission programming, with Essentially no way around it. It just wants to get to top gear ASAP no matter how fast you are going.

Ford, we build EPA mileage rigged cars, oh I meant excitement!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Nothing looks cooler then a used rental car that has been in two wrecks! Just read my advice again on car recommendations. The only thing people want to hear is that the car is awesome and they got a good price. This applies even if they paid $75K on a sentra. You should send him the gets all the chicks 96 mustang ad from the craigslist thread.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
How are you not dead? Or are you posting from the afterlife?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Are you actually going to grease them when you change your oil? If not they won't help any.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Why don't you get a price on one in dealer stock. It is much easier to get an internet price on something they already have. Compare that to the one you can order through the other place.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The 1997 Camaros with 5 speeds all had the LT4 heads and 4 bolts main blocks. Also a lot of LT1 camaros that got warranty engine swaps ended up with the LT4 heads and 4 bolt main blocks. They made to many LT4 heads and 4 bolt blocks since the corvette got shifted to the LS engine, so they started using them up since the LS1 was different.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fms-m-6007-x302?seid=srese1&gclid=CN3smtXK5rYCFWJqMgodjGsAiQ

Here you go straight from ford. You can't get a less sketchy ford 302 if you are paranoid.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

SanitysEdge posted:

If you're not supposed to buy a pre '11 v6 then where do you get a reliable, cheap to fix, v6, RWD car for $3k?

You buy a v8 crown vic like the rest of AI. You also save $2,500.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

roger wilco posted:

hate to double post but ford says they are willing to do a buyback on the car. I just want them to eat the loan at this point. Anyone had any experience with Ford buybacks?

I think your only option is a ZL1 or Z28 now. There is no turning back.