Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Does anyone subscribe to Brickmaster magazine? Is it worth it content/sets-wise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Just a heads up, I found the Creator Bike Shop/Cafe at Wal-Mart today for $64.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Has anyone else noticed that the rubbery animals that come with minifigures don't stick very well? I'm seriously considering gluing a white circular stud to the bottom of the seagull that came with the Sea Captain in Series 10.

Also, I'm getting back into MOCs and I'm not sure how I ever lived without sand.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
If they make a new Space theme, I really don't want it to be humans vs aliens. The last few have seemed kind of space-racist.

Also I want Blacktron 3.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
The Easter Egg Hunt vignette was a cute build. I try to squeeze extra fun out of them by only looking at the box and outside of the manual when assembling.

Also picked up the 4 colors of Creativity Boxes because I don't have lots of those colors except red, and they look fun.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Half the time I don't even care about the minifigure. I want their little animal friend.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I want the spotted kitty and nothing else.

I miss printed baseplates. And mountain baseplates.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

veni veni veni posted:

What set is that? That's really cool.

That Lego City jungle theme seems really disappointing in the actual "jungle" dept.

6278 - Enchanted Island
412 pieces
$65.99

It's from the Islander series in 1994. I would have been 10, so that seems about right. Didn't have this one personally... big sets were always a bit "aspirational" for my family.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

SomeJazzyRat posted:

True. While Lego appreciation never went away, the first set I got since I was a kid was the Space Needle set. Now I have boxes of sets I'll probably never build with 2 kittens roaming the place.

The phrase "Lego cat house" popped into my head before twisting horribly and slinking away, hopefully never to return.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Feenix posted:

Ooh friends of ours got back from London and brought me a double decker bus! I had no idea that was such a hot commodity here...

I'm going to London in a week. Can you ask them where they got it?

Edit: Looking into it, it was a $75 giveaway in August :(

Beachcomber fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Apr 24, 2017

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Thanks! I like location specific sets like the NYC taxi or the Orlando dragon, even though I don't really like the Orlando dragon.

Lego dragons should look like this:

Edit: except they have the flame wrong by 90 degrees.

Beachcomber fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Apr 25, 2017

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Spookydonut posted:

Also they look cooler with the transorange wings

My Lego reality solidified in 1996 before they had such things. Those wings are red and yes I will die on this hill.

Blacktron 2 is also the coolest space theme.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I've skipped the past 150 pages to avoid buying sets I don't need, but I was paging through the catalog and what's the 1x1 brick outline that's next to everything for?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
The LEGO thread: DIY Cask of Amontillado

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
When are they going to give us Blacktron II collectors some love?

Also, M-tron and Ice Planet.

gently caress Space Police.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

They already did with this dude:

When will these grimdark reboots stop?

Real Blacktron smiles as he steals your spacesafe.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

FBS posted:

:same:

Deep Freeze Defender was the first "big" set I ever got.

Transparent Orange Chainsaw is my formative memory

My very first set was:

Thereafter I would look at the catalogues and lust after the bigger sets (we weren't well off, but I didn't really realise it at the time). Largest set I ever got was the Solar Snooper.

Every year I hint to my wife that what I really want for my birthday is a Mega Core Magnetizer.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Captain Invictus posted:

grab a mega core magnetizer off bricklink or ebay. it's a fantastic set even today, and just looks great all around built up normally.

I could do that. But then I'd be admitting that I'd never get the chance to recieve and unwrap it.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Yiggy posted:

That cat better be central to the plot.

The cat is Spider-Man.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I'm on a workation to London and last night they had a show called Lego Masters or something. They made some cool stuff, but they missed their chance to call it The Great British Brick Off. They even used some of the same music.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Plinkey posted:

I might have to buy two of the shuttle/camper 3-in-1 since I am torn as to which one I would build.

I have some good news about Lego

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Cojawfee posted:

Why would the chinese government care if they get their own special legos sets?

If you follow politics, you'll see they need to have their own special everything.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
My 1 year old niece already instinctively destroys any duplo construction put together by my 3 year old nephew. Nay, not one brick will remain upon another.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I am a lucky boy and my mommy loves me.

It's a pity I don't have enough time to build it before we leave for the holidays. I'm always worried the house will burn down.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
My kingdom for more Blacktron 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

The_Doctor posted:

I saw that battle pack. Is one of them actually the Mandalorian? Because honestly, I couldn’t tell.

All Mandalorians are the Mandalorian, or none of them are.