Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!

OSU_Matthew posted:

That’s the one thing that’s really lacking, nature themed sets. I would absolutely love to have an immaculate waterfall and mountain, or some kind of forest in modular scale.

I agree wholeheartedly!

One of my very last sets before my dark ages began was 6552, Rocky River Retreat. If Lego would make a new woodsy subtheme for Town (that was NOT all based on logging and cops), that would be another way they could get all my money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!
According to other posters in this thread, monorails will never come back because Lego lost too much money on them—each set was more expensive to manufacture than it sold for, or so somebody here said.

On the topic of the forest castle, I’d assume the Lego designers would radically redesign it while keeping the spirit of nostalgia behind it, just like with Barracuda Bay.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

I don’t really regret not getting all the sets I wanted as a kid or when I was broke after college—it wasn’t my fault that I couldn’t get those.

What I do regret is when I first got back into Lego as an adult, in 2003 or so, and I found a copy of 6763 Rapid River Village shoved away almost out of sight above the shelves at Toys R Us. I decided not to get it because I thought the teepees were dumb and there weren’t enough pieces to bother with, even though the set was on clearance. Hopefully whoever hid the set like that came back and scored it successfully.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

Whenever I have a little bit of money to spend on myself, I look at Space, Castle, and Pirate sets from the late ‘80s and early ‘90s, all the sets I wanted but could never get as a kid. The actual sets never look as cool to me now as they did back then, and a lot of that is down to modern building techniques. An old school castle, especially, just isn’t worth the :10bux: to buy it from the collector’s market.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

The Pirates of Barracuda Bay is pretty much the perfect set for me for those reasons and I really wish we'll see a few more sets like that in the near future.

I agree with this 100%. Barracuda Bay is the first over-$80 set that I bought for myself since 2011. If Lego put out “neo-classic” style updates of old sets (Space, Pirate, Castle, whatever), every single one would be a guaranteed purchase from me.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

ivantod posted:

Looks like Lego is pulling from the shop all sets containing police minifigs/vehicles:

Also pulled, Architecture White House set.

They are still available at the mo, but it was just announced so presumably still working on updating the website.

As someone stressed the gently caress out and extremely anxious about what’s going down with police violence in the USA, this gave me a bit of frivolous joy. Maybe Lego Town will find something new to focus on instead of 10,000 iterations of police sets.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

RIP M:Tron.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

The Aldar Beedo fig looks like something you’d find in a quarter capsule machine at the Dollar Tree.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

DIY > Lego: So it was just a big hunk of plastic that kind of sucked

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

Is this the batch that had that Forestmen castle in it? Because if that set got chucked, I’m hella disappointed.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

Goddamn, a fantasy windmill set isn’t something I knew I needed before now.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

The Bloop posted:

I would also be pretty annoyed to have toph and aang with the no-knee baby legs

For a second I tried to remember if Toph called Aang “no-knee baby legs“ at one point.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

I’ve had that issue with wedges (and minifig torsos, heads, and even some regular bricks) cracking since 2015 or so. Seems less common now, but for a while in the mid-‘10s, any set I got would crack within a few weeks of being together.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

When I was a kid I always fantasized about getting my hands on more baseplates. :( I think I only ever had three baseplates when I was young, and those were always the first pieces pressed into service when I wanted to build a sweet space base or beach scene or hideout.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

The long lost, unreleased, time cruisers set.

If this had been a Time Cruisers set, the line would be remembered as one of Lego’s best.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

Chairchucker posted:

I wanted The Castle in the Forest, but more just because I want more Castle LEGO.

Big same. That was the only one I was interested in. I guess Lego just doesn’t want my money.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

I’ve never had any trouble with the Friends minidoll hair, and my kid and I used to play with them all the time.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

I would 100% buy a mosaic set with blue oceans and elevation-coded land if it had alternate builds for Pangaea.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

Don Karnage posted:

The Iron Vulture would also make an excellent set, imo.

When I was a kid, and didn’t have many pieces or much skill with them, I would stick every propeller I had on a pair of wings to make the Iron Vulture. I also used a corner angle plate as Kit Cloudkicker’s little sky surfing board.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

$15 for the pair at a flea market! Both look complete, save for the instructions. :toot:

These were the exact two sets I bought when I came out of my dark ages in 2002. Neat coincidence!

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

The Green Knight tie-in sets when?

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

I’m not ashamed to admit that if LEGO threw together some time travel vignettes (raptor attack! escape the dragon! find the pirates’ treasure!) instead of just having a line of vehicles, I’d be 100% down with a Time Cruisers reboot.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

I want to press the cookie button.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

I haven’t had Lego money in a while, but I’d sell some things to buy a big Forestmen set.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

Not having a King AND Queen in a 500$ castle set sure is a choice though.

Lego should give us two queens, problem solved!

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

Habibi posted:

I would be very interested in a Lego Hell theme.

That's just the Town theme and its ten thousand police stations.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

The mulicolor boulders were common in the Power Miners sets from ‘09-10, and might have been in the Castle sets of the period too.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

Huh, I would’ve sworn they were in Power Miners. I had a bunch back then and I guess I just assumed they came from those sets.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

I was obsessed with the octagonal canopies, jet packs, and detachable pods of Blacktron II. Looking back as an adult, I can see how one-note the line was—nothing but octagonal canopies, jetpacks, and detachable pods that all looked a lot alike. But even now I’d never say no to that trans neon green.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

I think every 1980s and 90s Space line was absolutely impeccable, even the ones before or after my time. But I was the kid who wanted big trans parts in any color. Blue, red, yellow, neon green, I loved ALL of it, and made sure to wear the canopy piece over my eyes like a space age visor every time I got a new set.

E: Trans orange was probably the best though.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

I want to see that neon yellow used as an accent color in a Neo Space faction.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

Neon-Tron.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

A friend. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

Blue Moonlight posted:

Ok folks, LEGO officially announced what you’ve all been waiting for:

Duplo Peppa Pig

My kid would have loved this ten years ago.