Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:

Ultimate Mango posted:

Does anyone have experience with getting VIP points added to your account post purchase?

Some family took my son to LEGOland this week and he came home with Voltron and some other stuff as gifts. I have the receipt, and figure $600 worth of points would be worth some hassle to add to my account. Apparently they couldn’t look up VIP at the LEGO store in the park there.

My wife surprised me with Hogwarts for my birthday, and we were able to get the points after the fact at a LEGO store with proof of purchase. The manager had special little slips for it and everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Maybe one day we’ll get Seinfeld’s apartment.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

I keep bouncing off Stud.io for the dumbest reason possible. The tutorial is broken and my broke brain won’t let me just fiddle around and learn it all myself.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

This is going to be part of a larger diorama so my minifigure scale Metal Slug build has barely started, but I think the slug itself is pretty close to what I want. Need to rework the rear guns cause they don't look right though.

WHOA-OH! SMALL!

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

What was up with the Stingrays? Were they cyborgs, or aliens, or Innsmouth people, or just ugly motherfuckers?

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Nice to finally see a new Adventurers set.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Yeah, the USPS kind of sucks, but losing it completely to privatization would be a hell of a lot worse.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

ACAB, but why are firefighters getting pulled?

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

The reason Groverhaus has had a particular resurgence this week is, thanks to the absurdly detailed map, you can find and crash a plane into it in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. If it somehow also featured Doobie ziplining, it would be the perfect microcosm of goon projects.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

My brain is broken because I keep reading "GVlf" as "Civvie" at first glance.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Prophet of Nixon posted:

I really want Lego to make an Ancient Aliens theme, it can be like their old Adventurers theme and go all over the world, but with aliens. They haven't done a proper sci-fi theme in a few years anyway.

I was just talking about the lack of sci-fi sets with a friend this weekend, and the conclusion we came to is maybe they don't want conflict of interest with Star Wars (and possibly MCU) sets. Which sucks if that's correct. Nexo Knights wasn't too long ago, but it also wasn't very "space" focused.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Obsidianheart posted:

Someone said that his is where we discuss the LEGO, so I thought I would come discuss the LEGO with you folks.

Welcome, to the thread for legos toys.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Obsidianheart posted:

Thanks! Here is a LEGO thing that lives on my desk:

That's rad!

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Give me the Seven Wonders in brick form.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

I simply use my fingers and my eyes, trained by ancient masters to perfectly calculate measurements to the nearest nanoangstrom.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

I wish Adventurers had placed higher, but I can't be too mad because we did just get a new one.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

drgitlin posted:

I am 2/3rds of the way through and the thing that’s confusing me is how anyone’s supposed to access the second floor buildings. They don’t have stairs inside or outside. I don’t see any way to get from the ground level to the one third level either. Is that why you need Ninjago City? Or the Docks?

I mean, if they're all ninjas then they just teleport or use sick wallruns or whatever. I assume that's what Ninjago is about.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

I'd like to see a hard cap on the number of pieces. Something like 2500 or even 3000 is plenty to work with.

Asking for real bricks only unfairly and arbitrarily cuts off a ton of people.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

I would love a Baba Yaga hut but there's just something "off" about this one. Not just how flimsy it looks, but I just don't like it. Too clean and cheery, maybe? Just not what I think of when I think of Baba Yaga.

Also I don't know how you decide you want to make a Karate Kid set and settle on Mr. Miyagi's boring junkyard house. Nobody would even know that's what it is unless you tell them. The temple from Part II would be much cooler and more iconic. Hell, make a triple diorama with it, the tournament from the first movie and...uh, whatever happened in the third one. I don't even know why I'm giving it so much thought. I'm not a Karate Kid superfan and it's sure as hell not moving forward anyways. It's just a baffling decision.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

You can just put Firestar's hair on the Gwen Stacy figure and make your own MJ.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

I'm pretty sure it's "What if Iron Man was created on the Jeff Goldblum planet instead of a cave in Afghanistan?"

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Should have called it the Boba ‘Vette

Fett's Vette? How would he finance such a thing?

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Hey, looks like veni veni veni's Vic Viper finally got accepted!

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Never really been super impressed by the animal Creator sets but the brick-built stripes on that tiger are pretty rad.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

I like with how the way the emergency vehicle HQ is laid out it looks like the Brickster lit that lady's tree on fire and stole a crisp hundo on the way out. He's still got it!

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm just gonna throw a wild guess out there: many people have a stigma against jazz. So a set that is focused on a jazz club brings up those negative feelings they have towards the music that is more challenging than simple 4 on the 4, a couple chords and the same lyrics they have been hearing for years. I wonder if people who for some reason don't like french food, didn't like the parisian restaurant. I know my first reaction when I heard jazz club was "that's an odd choice, a lot of people don't like jazz."

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm not a fan of Blacktron but I don't think they look bad. With that in mind, I wonder, does anyone who is not nostalgic for ice planet think those sets even look okay, let alone good? Individual taste and all, but I think those may be the most hideous sets LEGO has ever made. They just look garish, to me. Not faulting anyone who grew up with them and still love them, that's normal. But for instance, if you grew up with Classic Space, what do you think? Or if they were before your time and you grew up with Star Wars, I guess, what do you think?

You’re not invited when I go to ice planet for real.

Bitch.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

The motel rules rules rules. In a perfect world, it would inspire a whole Route 66 line of seedy roadsides and crappy tourist traps.

Only thing I would add is the world's saddest swimming pool.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

If they release an updated aqua sharks set, I'll buy five.

2025 will be the Aquazone 30th anniversary.

If Lego wants all of my money that year they'll do an ultimate Nauts vs. Sharks set. Or Nauts and Sharks vs. Raiders. Or Everybody vs. Stingrays battle royale.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Dogen posted:

There’s more crossover between the knife thread and the Lego thread than you would think

A Venn diagram with Lego on one side, knives on the other, and jorts in the middle. Also it’s a circle.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

I don't know about anyone else, but those rubbery fin/blade pieces are for some reason especially attractive for my cats to nibble on.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Woke beer...woke Lego...what's next, woke car? Woke house? Woke trees!?

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

HootTheOwl posted:

Yeah, snot would ruin it.

Please don't kinkshame.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

I love this thread and all of its posts.

Except those by that one jerk who came in to brag about scalping.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

As a kind of half-measure PAB to get 800 uncommon pieces in uncommon colors for $50, the Modern Art set isn't bad.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Carbohydrates posted:

oh hell yeah swap the 4x4 dish at the top for the 3x3 dish at the bottom tho

ANYWAY I'm making a van because I've never made a van, and I haven't made a sand blue car yet either! It's a '69 Dodge A100.

The question is, what should it be hauling in the back? It's wide open back there, and though it would be hard to see through the windows, it might be fun to have some kind of easter egg back there for shows and events (so please don't recommend "nazi cocaine" for instance). Space is about 4 x 6 studs by 9 plates tall.

A random assortment of 12-20 instruments and a single blown-out speaker.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

How does that even happen? Aren't you wearing silken gloves?

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

BaconCopter posted:

Please be a purposeful slight against the Shitlord Terf :pray:

In other news, Buildable Chewbacca leaked

hmmmmm

Finally, a Conker's Bad Fur Day set!

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Skios posted:

With X-Men '97 coming out later this year, I'd be shocked if they didn't release enough tie-in sets to at least get the basic lineup in minifig form.

UCS Blackbird with the full team lineup :pray:

e: vv That's awesome!

SkeletonHero fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Aug 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

Where's Raymond