Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
On these new speed champion slicks, is there a good way to cover up the axle? I’m thinking of trying to get a black round tile in there maybe, just curious if anyone else has messed around with em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Flyinglemur posted:

I just built the new McLaren today, so I don't know if this helps or not but here are the wheels and different things about them

Trip report: Too many stickers, but had some pre-printed pieces too! Two of the pre-printed ones still needed stickers to go on them as well, which seems odd but here we are.

The front spoiler part was fun to put together and has some cool technics. The rear spoiler is underwhelming IMO.

The M prototype has FIVE windscreen stickers. And it’s also printed.

I have the McLaren set waiting to be built, I’ll check out those wheel covers… if they had just used black axles on the bmw set it wouldn’t be so noticeable.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

a sexual elk posted:

I only skipped the rust stickers on the newer Ecto-1

This describes me pretty well

Dogen
May 5, 2002

SadisTech posted:

I built all 5 of the new Speed Champions models today. Both BMW models use flat tiles in a way that greatly disturbs me - the finished models have flat tiles clicked in edgeways between studs and left to sit like that! It's just not right dammit!

The unsecured stud and tile stack near the exhaust on the M4 still haunts my dreams

Dogen
May 5, 2002

A Drizzt would definitely be popular with the 40 and up jorts wearing collector set

Dogen
May 5, 2002

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Been wondering this myself. Seems like something is usually teased by now.

We still haven’t seen the TIE Interceptor for May 4th yet

Dogen
May 5, 2002

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yeah, honestly, anything would be better than the older UCS one that has *blue* accents on it.

My dream model would be the Royal Guard TiE-In, and it's not like they haven't flirted with it in the past: https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/major-vonreg-s-tie-fighter-75240

I mean I’m sure it’s gonna be vanilla so people can keep collecting the main line fighters from the original movies

Dogen
May 5, 2002

w00tazn posted:

Ugh if the next UCS set is an interceptor there goes another $1000 because im also getting the McLaren whenever that comes out lol

Supposed to be. Probably will be a 200-250 set.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

In my day we had two lasers two engines and no deflector, and that’s how we likesed it

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Just be a DINK household and die with no descendants. clutching all your Lego

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Xenomrph posted:

I’m not sure I understand the question

Do they make you orrey, baby

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Deus Ex Macklemore posted:

One of our friends got my wife the Road Runner/Wile E. Coyote block heads set because she loves Wile and assumed that since I like Lego, she did to. They were wrong, but ok.

We got around to putting it together yesterday and there is a pink 2x2 brick in the middle of their head that you can't see at all. I didn't understand it but my wife immediately recognized it as the brain.

Yes. There are some excellent jokes along the brickheadz line of smaller or otherwise different (color mostly) brain pieces as well.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Love the instructions. One yellow 2x4 brick. Ok stack another yellow 2x4 brick on that.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Google “Honda element moc instructions” and there seem to be a lot, unless you wanted specific opinions about what’s out there

Also knowing what scale you’re looking for might be helpful if you’re looking for recs (6-wide, 8-wide, something bigger)

Dogen
May 5, 2002

3 in 1 would also be good because people could build whatever they wanted and everyone would feel like they got the same thing (I’d like to think this wouldn’t matter for adults but)

Dogen
May 5, 2002

It’s flimsy but it has a pretty good stand at least

Dogen
May 5, 2002

That’s… huh. Why wouldn’t you just do it similarly to the UCS TIE? Surely the interceptor doesn’t look that different

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I’m from Texas so didn’t learn this in school but what happens when the lancer penetrates another ship

Dogen
May 5, 2002

mutata posted:

Gonna get me the Star Cruiser and paint a sweet space wizard on the side.

That’s how Vader gets ya

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Zedd posted:

I build the 2F2F Nissan Skyline to match the Dom's charger.
It's not that good a set. :smith: I tend to build stuff without stickers at first and this thing looks naked as hell, and the lines of the car aren't matching the real thing at all; even taking Lego into consideration.
I'll probably keep it in case we get a Mazda RX-7, but I'm tempted to not sticker it and sell it.

As a big GTR fan it was a disappointment

Dogen
May 5, 2002

when are they going to just buy more aws time or whatever when there's a big launch, geez

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Skios posted:

I'm not big on Marvel stuff, but that Milano looks cool and colourful enough as a display piece that I might just get it. Also, a Speed Champions safety car is a really fun idea.

aye fuckin great another big guardians ship to replace the benatar which replaced the milano before it.

Cojawfee posted:

I'm getting annoyed by speed champions double sets that don't need to be two cars. I don't want a g wagen, but I might have bought that other one of it weren't bundled together.

send me the g wagon and i'll send you a few dollary doos

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Oxyclean posted:

It was going slow on desktop earlier where I have ads blocked and never really have issues, but yeah I was checking it on my phone and sheesh, the amount of ads is silly.

Phones have adblockers yall

deoju posted:

Gotta wonder what held up the Swift ones. I assume her side said no since any business that would walk away from doing a deal with the biggest pop star in the world would be nuts.

Pure conjecture: there is an initial agreement in principle before announcing a winner, but then somewhere in development negotiations break down

Dogen
May 5, 2002

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Something like this is called a MOC.

Also let me be the first to apologize for our AFOL acronyms.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Borsche69 posted:

yup. no two ways around it. you are loving hosed. post like these are like when someone would wander into TCC and say 'so i started microdosing and its fantastic. does anyone know where i can get this poo poo in larger quantities?'

Listen I’m not posting in TCC these days but that could be me and I’m already in this loving thread and the knife thread

I should just bite the bullet and buy a horse and be king of the bad with money thread

:glomp:

Dogen fucked around with this message at 05:51 on May 4, 2024

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bring back STAMP

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I mean it’s way smaller scale than the falcon (or, larger scale in number of pieces I think) but I do have the last iteration of that set and like it quite a bit

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I can’t tell you how much I hate that the Cal Kestis minifig is locked behind a $170 set I have zero interest in.

Wait Cal is in that set? I guess I would upgrade the one I have on display for that.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I feel like trying to recreate the Mona Lisa in Lego shows a lack of understanding of what it’s about, like…. Maybe it could be done well but not as a commercial product probably, but really best left alone.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

smackfu posted:

I honestly thought the Architecture line was dead. I guess it’s like one bigger set per year now which isn’t bad.

I’m not sure if I’ll buy it but it looks nice and the price is not unreasonable.

Definitely buying I love these new landmark sets and my wife actually likes them so some of them can live outside of my office.

My theory is they’ll come back and do the smaller buildings and skylines and poo poo when it’s been long enough.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I guess I shouldn’t be so harsh it’s not my place to be the “what Lego people should buy” police lest other people police my 8000th Disney IP based purchase

Dogen
May 5, 2002

It’s a bad metric but it’s the best one we’ve got damnit!

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Pretty sure it’s the second thing but who knows. I’ve known some lovely people.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Deus Ex Macklemore posted:

When are we gonna get the leak on the giant McLaren in August, dammit?

What kinda giant McLaren we talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I sent it to my wife and she was like "did you order that for me?"
Me: "well... I don't have anywhere to put it I still haven't build like 3 huge sets for this reason"
Her: "Put it in my office upstairs"
Me: :getin: