Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

That ship is gonna be modded into a giant Probius so fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006

Nth Doctor posted:

gently caress. Need to find the scrilla for Brick Bank on the quick. :argh:

I just pulled the trigger on it and back orders are still being accepted on the Lego shop site. Mine will ship by the 27th. Go go go!

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006

no broccoli please posted:

Picked up the Saturn V for 95 bucks CAD on amazon.ca today, not sure if it also applies to the US. Gonna have to clear some room for this mofo.

I couldn't believe it when I saw that but sure enough it's out for delivery tomorrow so :woop:

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006

Ultimate Mango posted:

Comedy option: Lepin

Not anymore (at least not for a month while they get a new warehouse)!

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006

Hmmm.
Hmmmmmmmmmm.

If they had used curved bricks instead of the curved Technic plates for a smooth body, it would look better. Those holes are jarring.

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006

That boat brings back memories of the cargo carrier from the late 80's, one of my first sets. The ballasts blew my little mind at the time.

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006

tuo posted:

The white 911 is a pretty boring set imo, but it has so much air in it, so there are really good modifications out there to make it interesting/fully motorized (but that costs a lot). There's also a pretty dope MoC based on it that makes an F1 car. I don't have the "new" yellow crane, as I luckily have the last two, and I don't need the third. I red one review about it that wasn't very positive, but the guy building it said himself he assumes that he made a build error.

The red crane - just checked - in fact got a bit more expensive now that it's out of production. I still think it's one of the best technic sets in recent years. It's a lot of fun to build, not much repetition, looks really good (it's really big), and is fun to play with, even as an adult. Even at the current price, I think it's a good cost-to-brick ratio.

The white 911 has even less functions than the orange one, and is basically a display set. It looks good apart from the headlights, they are terrible. The orange 911 also looses it's appeal pretty quick on display (even more so if you expose it to sunlight ;) ). I made the McLaren P1 MoC based on it, and that one is pretty dope as it has more interesting functions, but an absolute pain to build.

Would you happen to have links to the 911 MOCs? Mine is still in the box and I've been thinking about cracking it open when I have some time off.

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006

Sweet, thank you.

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006

That's drat cool. I've used minifigs as statues before but never thought to integrate them into a set like that.

The new Ocean Exploration Ship reminds me of all the time I spent in the tub with the 4030 Cargo Carrier as a kid. Lego? And it floats without taking on water??

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006

Time to recreate Spartacus: Blood and Sand in Lego :black101:

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006

The knight with the glow in the dark ghost was one of the first Knight sets I ever got and I've loved it ever since. Lego should update that to an entire haunted castle (minimum 4000 pieces, please) full of knights on a quest to rid it of ghosts.

As for Miami Vaporwave Paradisa: just do Moonbeam City sets, with brick-built neon backgrounds.

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006

Hhhhnnnnnngggg seeing all of those train MOCs and classic sets and commercials makes me think I would 100% be like will Ferrel in the Lego Movie if I had the money, just an old miser with a basement dedicated to a Lego city that nobody but me is allowed to play with.

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006

It's the last day of double VIP points so I went ahead and bought the Corner Garage before it goes out of print, but apparently I'll only get the 2700 points that the set is worth?

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

No? That’s double the value. £159.99 x 8 (£1 is 8 points) = 1279.92, but Lego site says I’ll get 2560 points, which is double.

It was 270 in low-value Canadabucks.

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006

bird with big dick posted:

It’s thought that 1989 Batmobile is never coming back into stock at LEGO.com right? Does Barnes and Noble really still have them though? It says they do. Should I buy 10 of them and stick them in my basement and then fund my retirement with them in 20 years?

It's retired so if you have a way of getting them at MSRP, do it and live like a king.

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006

FOMO hit me hard this morning and I threw a bunch of Star Wars stuff into the cart in order to get the three free sets for May the 4th, but only the Beskar keychain was added as a gift. That'll teach me to stay up on the first of the month and buy everything as soon as it's available :negative:

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006

Yeah, a regular sale item might be cheaper than 1800 points, too. Whatever the conversion rate is at nowadays, that seems like a lot of points to spend on such a small set.

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006

Oh boy, just bit the bullet on the D&D set. Might try to include it in my actual D&D sessions somehow.

Odd that the mimic gift didn't appear anywhere in the order confirmation...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

Probably sold out. The modular GWP is gone, too.

This is what I get for sleeping at midnight :negative: