Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I just entered my first cooking contest, used my 2-star egg soup.
During the tasting, Clement said it was terrible and then declared me the winner with my "wonderful cooking."

Not sure how I'm supposed to feel about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Strange Quark posted:

Does anyone use long swords? They seem like inferior axes since they're basically slow weapons that don't do as much damage. Ditto for dual blades/fists comparisons.

I use them, but just because I like swords. I don't pay much attention to the mechanics, since my stats are generally high enough that I can stand there and swing like a moron with minimal dodging or potion use.

I do need to up my skills in other weapons though, so I can work on learning the rest of the Blacksmithing recipes. Been trying to grind it up through mass production of Golden Hoes.

Also, bloody hell, it's taking forever for me to marry Dolce. Been dating her since I beat the mansion, gone to just about every date location, and I'm pretty sure I've done the requisite events, it just won't happen.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

SC Bracer posted:

I think you need to have the double bed and engagement ring ready in order for her marriage event (The Language of Flowers or something) to trigger. If you've already got that one, then just give her the ring at some point.

I've had the double bed and an engagement ring forever. Every time I try to give her the ring, she says there's a time and a place for that.
The only other thing I can possibly think of is that it's not triggering because I'm in the postgame and Ventuswill is still gone.
I might need to play though until that's no longer the case, but the game doesn't feel like tossing that event my way either.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Hopping on the Wishing For RF5 Bandwagon.
I honestly thought it'd be neat if, as a twist, that you were the one person who DIDN'T have amnesia.
Like, you start off as a token Evil Fantasy Despot, and the tutorial fight is against an Earthmate who came to knock some sense into you, the game truly begins with you depowered in the middle of the village and everyone in the village not remembering who you are because the Earthmate was all "lol, redemption plot."

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Tired Moritz posted:

you need to be an earthmate for the farming thing to work tho

The Earthmate either gives you their Earthmateness when they beat you, so that you can do the farming that emotionally invests you in the town, or through some backstory plot contrivance, you had the Earthmate spark but became evil instead for Reasons.

Either way, your Castle is sealed off, but you can communicate with the Earthmate who is sealed inside in order to spend the equivalent of Prince Points.

• Locked thread