Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Wow Im loving Lost in the World. Great track, loving everything about this new album so far. I just hope he doesn't give away all the songs before the album drops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Just saw Kanye perform a ton of the GOOD Friday songs, it was incredible.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Brett824 posted:

Holy poo poo Lupe's verse on Don't Look Down is literally describing the last scene of Runaway.

I wonder which one came first

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

"d[-.- posted:

b"]
Are you guys kidding about So Appalled? That has the be one of the most retarded hooks I've ever heard. "Life can be sometimes ridiculous." What the gently caress does that even mean? Swizz Beatz phoned that poo poo in.

Always skip it. Only listened to it on the leak once to see how much it had changed. Easily the worst song on the album

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I love the beat to All of the Lights :colbert:

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
:O that was dope

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Brett824 posted:

Rome got Gidget is a reference to Gidget Goes To Rome, the other got Bridget is a reference to Bridget Jones. Rome and London are sister cities, and going from Rome to London is a 'trip'. Bridget and Gidget in the context of the song are both "sisters" (culturally (they're black)) and sisters, biologically.

This is some clever rear end wordplay I did not notice until this morning.

I thought Bridget Jones was White? Both the author writing her and the actress portraying her were white, and unless I just don't see it, the wiki says nothing about the character being black.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Brett824 posted:

Kanye is telling a story about him meeting two black sisters named Bridget and Gidget ("they black, they sisters.. their momma named them after white bitches"). It is paralleled by references to characters in fiction and two cities.

Oh my mistake.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

KayJay748 posted:

Chiming in with some more praise for this album, one of the best of the year for me. My favourite tracks are So Appalled, Dark Fantasy and Blame Game, which is probably my favourite Kanye song to date. One of the lines particularly stands out for me:

I heard he bought some coke with my money, that ain't right girl/
You getting blackmailed for that white girl/

I didn't know Kanye was capable of such wordplay, I'm guessing it might have been ghostwritten, top marks if it wasn't.

I don't see whats the great wordplay here, seems like a pretty standard line. I like it but I don't see what you mean

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It's "blackmailed", but that word was chosen because it does also sound like "black maled" -- wordplay, you know? It's also how in the line "Too many Urkels on your team, that's why your wins low" refers to both losing and to Carl Winslow on Family Matters.

"White girl" is also slang for cocaine, referencing the coke in the previous line. Anything else?

Bonye West posted:

I really hope we don't need to explain slang in a thread about a rap album.

I understood all of it. Just didn't seem like amazing wordplay, hes had better. Thats all

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

atrus50 posted:

Video for Lift Off (featuring Beyonce, Mr. Hudson and Seal) has already been shot.

They were also shooting a video on tuesday. Was that lift off? All I know is the video hoes had gigantic bootys

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

atrus50 posted:

edit: lol, Twitter.

Some random lady's review http://www.ebtheceleb.com/2011/08/eb-celeb-attends-watch-throne-listening.html

Eb The Celeb posted:

The night was full of Ace of Spade on the Jigga man and seeing an amazing erotica performance so I was antsy with anticipation to see what Jay-Z would have in store for us this go 'round.

This sentence is very confusing to me.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Sweet Baby Jesus!

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Absolutely loving No Church in the Wild, that opening hook is unreal.

I guess I'm the only one, but I dislike both the words and the singing of the hook. I like the verses though

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Otis Video is out

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1668929/otis-video.jhtml

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Ghostface describes how I feel about Made In America

Ghostface Killah posted:

First of all son….Lionel Richie called from 1986 n said he wants his song back yo. Word. Sade jus holla’d on twitter to say this poo poo is soft as gently caress namsayin. I think Elton John wants to conceive babies to this joint b. Drake said he gon soak in his lotion pool to this poo poo rite here for like a week son. I think Wiz Khagina is scissorin wit Amber Rose to this poo poo rite now as we speak yo. I heard this poo poo gon be used for the next Gwyneth Paltrow movie too. I dont kno how the same nigga that did Who Gon Stop Me had anything to do wit this poo poo but apparently he did nahmean. This poo poo sounds like two niggas hang glidin over the ocean together at sunset holdin hands son. I think this is bout to be on Yung Berg’s yoga playlist. I cant gently caress wit this poo poo at all b. This poo poo is like audio lesbian comin out my speakers son.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Well I guess I was completely wrong. I took 300 (3HUNNA) to be a reference to Chief Keef and Chi Town, and the Romans because of 300AD was when the Roman Empire was in full swing.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Wario Kart 64 posted:

It is a reference to Chief Keef and Chi as well

Why do people think its a reference to the movie, if there is nothing else that points to that?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Everyone worried about Hudson Mohawke producing Blood on the Leaves can rest easy. Song slaps

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Hmm on my leak the track "Bound" is titled "Bound 2" and in a recent interview with Rick Rubin he said he took out all the R&B elements and made it Suicide-esque. Bound 2 sounds very R&B

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
OHHH I missed the "in the hook" part. Thought he meant the whole song

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I don't know how the Kanye chief keef Bon iver track is the worst on the album but it is. The rest slaps and I can't wait to hear it out tonight

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Doesn't sound like a happy time.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

thathonkey posted:

What is that soul sample used briefly in On Sight?

Is it this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsnJdmSHO_g

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Bown posted:

swag + Swahili

*whoosh*

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Captain Trips posted:

What's wrong with hearing the Asian Pussy line and just thinking "It's funny because sweet and sour sauce goes on Asian food"?

Jesus, people, it's a rap album, not a loving Kafka novel.

Nothings wrong with it, but there is also nothing wrong with trying to see subtext or other meanings to it.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Boris Galerkin posted:

Anyone have a working video of his performance? I can't find a good one and every single search term with "vma" in it is filled with Miley Cyrus videos.

Its linked on this page

http://www.vulture.com/2013/08/highs-and-lows-of-the-2013-mtv-vmas.html

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

interpunct posted:

I just noticed that the price for General Admission tickets at Barclays Center dropped from $183 to $105 on Ticketmaster. I keep not learning my lesson when it comes to GA tickets at arena shows. If that's a more palatable price to those who held out, though, go for it.

Fuuuck yes thank you just copped two tickets

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
What a cool guy we got here

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Barclays show ruled. Thanks for the tip about the cheap tickets!

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Scorched Spitz posted:

It falls apart because facing the consequences for impregnating your mistress is not the great injustice Jim Crow laws were. It trivializes the atrocities that people who are still alive today have witnessed by conflating it with something so self-absorbed and unsympathetic. I'm not saying that having an unlikable protagonist is bad, but when the track so drawn out and has the most unpleasant beat on the whole disc, it all adds up to an annoying song.

whoa whoa whoa worst beat on the whole album? Are you nuts

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

The_Rob posted:

Man I will never forget me and my friend cruising down downtown long beach and hearing that beat for blood on the leaves come on for the first time and just losing our poo poo and turning it up as loud as it could go.

That song is an instant classic.

At his show everyone goes nuts when those horns hit.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

abraham linksys posted:

They're handing out ponchos at MSG :ohdear:

Hmm that's new. I definitely got snowed on at Barclays but nothing that needed a poncho

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
It's great, not too crazy with a mosh out or anything but you will be standing for a long time... Especially if you get there for the opener. 45 min between sets

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I usually like Kanye in interviews but that Sway interview was painful. Breakfast Club was good

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

A couple of my friends are at the Yeezus show here in New Orleans right now and they're posting videos to Instagram. Yeezy's got these rows of women dressed in white that look like angels who are standing completely still and he's going crazy rapping all around them. That was during On Sight. poo poo looks weird. I wish I was there.

Yeah its a great show. I got this snap when I was there at Barclays in Brooklyn.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I have a few more good ones if anyone has any interest in seeing.

I like to snap a good shot then enjoy the show, but drat everyone just records the entire show and watches it through their phone screen. gently caress that

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
That first shot is when he sang Coldest Winter for Donda. All taken from General Pit

Before the mountain came out

Blood on the leaves

White Jesus atop the mountain speaking to his disciples.

Splitting the mountain, comes out with a prayer parade with incense. Thats the drum pad in the middle of the pad where he played Runaway live.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
he does take his mask of near the end when he plays old songs and Bound 2. He looks so happy once he finishes all of yeezus and cuts loose with old tracks. Definitely worth it . Talking about the masks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Kanye supposedly making a song with Paul McCartney called Piss On My Grave. Could turn into a whole album together.

• Locked thread