Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I still remember the second code for unlimited lives for rogue leader: RSBFNRL

First one though? No idea anymore. :shrug:

e: see, I was telling the truth! (plus I thought that was for rogue squadron I)

Jedi Knight Luigi fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Oct 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I remember renting the clone wars game for GCN and enjoying it. :shrug:

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Austen Tassletine posted:

So it set the trend for Rebel Strike then?

:master:

I really only bought that game to play the Rogue Leader co-op with a friend and never really played it again.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Chairman Capone posted:

I really have no idea why Mass Effect fans take it as a given that his original ending idea for Mass Effect 3 would have been some amazing storytelling work of genius, or even anything better than what we got. It sounded utterly retarded, even by ME ending standards.

What did he have in mind?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Are you talking about theforce.net

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Metal Loaf posted:

Here's fun: what are the best and worst EU names?

worst: Jacen

honorable mention: Ysanne Isard. How the hell do you pronounce that?

Best is probably Nom Anor. Or Horton Salm.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Peter Mayhew's got some photos to share on his Twitter. Is it just me or is he kind of a perv when it comes to any picture with Carrie Fisher in it?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Chairman Capone posted:

No, the show is going to focus on a bunch of teenagers rebelling against their parents to fly around the galaxy and fight the Empire 5 years before ANH.

So they're all gonna be in Y-wings, right? Yesssssssss :holy:

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

astr0man posted:

And Z-95s :colbert:

Yeah, I guess they're all right too. I seriously love Y-wings though. My favorite Star Wars ship.

SeanBeansShako posted:

It still looks pretty loving dumb.

And this is coming from a guy virtually gay for 19th century military fashion.

I loving hate your avatar.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Beardless posted:

I'm pretty sure he actually meant to say Y-wing.

Click for big.

i came

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Chairman Capone posted:

So The Clone Wars is going to go up on Netflix Instant on March 7, and this will include the 13 episode final season and extended versions of some season 1-5 episodes.

Sweet! I work for a captioning company and one of my coworkers actually did the episode where Yoda goes to Moribund. I remember she called me over to ask what the hell Moribund was because only Korriban was showing up in her research. I was just as confused. Of course we ended up having to go with what we phonetically heard, so Moribund it was.

Then like 6 months later I'm reading this thread, and the leaked German episode descriptions come up, and I'm like "Huh, guess that was actually a real thing" :v:

Sorry I didn't let you guys get in the know earlier. NDAs and all that. :cheeky: Also you should see LucasFilms' glossary and style guide they provided to us. Most complex set of documents I think we've ever had from a client.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3514675&pagenumber=118&perpage=40#post425101233

Mixed up my Star Wars threads (and my spelling apparently)

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Honestly your avatar kinda looks like the hutt.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Hazo posted:

"Okay so in this scene Darth Vader walks into the Jedi temple alongside a terrifying amount of proto-stormtroopers, ready to wipe out the last of the Old Republic Jedi."

"Wow okay that's pretty deep, I bet I could write a good musical piece for that."

"Actually you know what? Don't worry about it, we'll just use your droid march from the last movie and toss in some awkward footstep sound effects we found online."

drat, really? :/

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

thrawn527 posted:

So hey, this Clone Wars show is good. Like, really good. Like, holy poo poo I'm watching good Star Wars good.

First season was pretty weak, but I'm over half way through Season 2, and just finished the Duchess of Mandalore arc, and I'm floored. I think the turning point episode for me was The Deserter. Great episode, and the show just feels different ever since it.

I'm having a hard time explaining what I like about it so much, I'm just totally stoked to have so much left to watch. Anyone who hasn't seen it should check it out. It's the best Star Wars media that has been pushed out in, I'd say, decades.

Is there anything I should be wary of? Any episodes I should be ready to skip? If I read an explanation like, "Padme and Jar Jar are on vacation in..." should I just move on? Or is it mostly smooth sailing now?

You can skip jar jar and c-3po episodes, yes. I think that amounts to like 2 or 3 episodes.

I finished the series last night. Yoda's training at the end of "season" 6 was kind of dumb WRT the way George hammered home the strict duality--dark and light sides--of the Force, but the Moriband episode was all right. Overall I would just replace AOTC with this series. We actually get to see Anakin and Obi-Wan build a relationship, and it actually becomes a big deal when he turns in ROTS. Even Ahsoka grew on me towards the end. Now I just hafta rewatch ROTS.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Dave Syndrome posted:

Personally, I never understood the "skipping episodes" practice. Either watch a series or don't. Take the bad with the good, but that's just me. I find that even the bad episodes usually have something in it that's redeeming and/or adds to the world building, such as Padmé's Rodian "uncle" Onaconda Farr in "Bombad Jedi", who turns up again in a later episode.

However, if you do decide skip the Jar Jar episodes, do yourself a favor and make an exception for his two-parter in the final season. It's basically a buddy movie where he gets teamed up with Mace Windu, and it's a lot better than it sounds. Also, Jar Jar gets some lovin'.

I did watch those episodes because as I was binging I didn't see the episode description and thought it was all right. Mace was a good choice for that pair. I really did not want to see Jar Jar stick his tongue inside of anything ever again after TPM though.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Yorkshire Tea posted:

A new colleague I work with is called Saba.

I keep on subconsciously adding Sebatyne as her surname.

drat YOU EU. :argh:

Ah yes, Wild Knights Squadron, where somehow Y-wings and T-65 X-wings were able to contribute to the war effort against the Yuuzhan Vong.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
That video would've had a lot more impact if the ending weren't so dumb. Pardon me while I climb into this prop. Hey, who let this Star Wars robot onto the set of a Star Wars movie?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

cptn_dr posted:

David Lynch.

Uh, yes.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
By the way, there's a new film in Fall 2015.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
"Western RPGs give me gas" - my friend when I told him I've never played a Square Enix game and that the only RPGs I've ever played are KOTOR I & II and Paper Mario

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Flagrant Abuse posted:

When I was young I owned Planet of Twilight on audiocassette. :negative:

Nice username/post combo.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

thrawn527 posted:

...what the gently caress is wrong with this person?

I need to change my user name, don't I? I don't really want to be associated with poo poo like this.

Lest we forget my avatar is from an alternate universe where Luke didn't blow up the Death Star and Yavin IV was destroyed :v:

So yeah join the club :smith: Dude's literally on vacation and would rather sit inside and talk about star wars.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Caedus was amazing.
Bugnest orgies were amazing.
That rabbit guy who replaced Chewie was amazing.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

buffybot posted:

Let's not forget about ol' Saber Knees.

Basically the goatse of Star Wars.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Don't we have a goon who was a mod there? Remember when the owner made them all give him their personal information? Lol that was crazy. Almost 10 years ago now :corsair:

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I remember Bib Fortuna, Twi'lek had a lot of posts.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Edit: It's short for Sheeven. Sheeven Palpatine.

Can't help but think but think of this scene from The Cable Guy

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
You missed Horton Salm being a badass over Brentaal IV. :colbert:

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

This is great. For some reason seeing Jabba was the part that cracked me up the most.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I wonder if he'll fake an American accent.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Chairman Capone posted:

It's for this reason that I laughed when almost literally the first thing Marvel does is have Vader go to Tatooine to talk with Jabba.

Making Star Wars had a huge collection of Battlefront rumors they posted a few weeks ago from a supposed insider. It mentioned that the majority of the game would be OT movie stuff, with a smaller section of Clone Wars/ROTS battles before that and ending with the opening scene from TFA.

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/02/tons-star-wars-battlefront-rumors-links-star-wars-force-awakens/

I'm not sure how many of those bullet points were actual rumors except maybe the Tarkin tidbit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Drone posted:

Steam has all of their Star Wars titles on sale until May the 6th, and apparently also now has the X-Wing / TIE Fighter series, both in DOS and CD-ROM formats. This is news to me, since I thought those were GOG exclusive.

What's the verdict on the Lego Star Wars games, by the way? I've been eyeing the complete collection (episodes I to VI), and it's down to $5.99

They're super fun with a friend. I blazed through the prequel ones in high school on the GCN.