Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Why don't trains have seatbelts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

How much does writing in a book actually affect its value? Enough for some pencil in the margins to knock $200 off of a first edition?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

It was more of a general question about whether or not it was a really important factor, but it's mainly since I managed to buy a first edition copy of The Master and Margarita for $15 instead of 250 because of it.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Do wearable articulate plastic arms exist or will I have to build a pair? I want to do up some tech-y looking fake arms for my trans-humanist halloween costume, but if there's nothing I can use for a base then I might have to build them from scratch.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

What's the brightest glow in the dark paint that I can buy?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Where can I buy a "ream" or stack or whatever of plexiglass sheets? Or just cheaper clear plastic ones, I need it for an art project.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

When in doubt, ebay. I actually just found an offer for 41 sheets for 40 dollars.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Would it be possible to have a custom ad in a very popular youtube video (that you made) that linked to your amazon affiliate cookie?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Just got finished prodding around in my mouth, and there's a very large bump in my gum behind my leftmost molar, and a partially covered tooth that I don't remember.

I have absolutely no loving clue how long partial-exposure wisdom tooth extraction takes to recover from, is it better or worse than a normal removal?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Can anyone help me learn more about these masks I bought at the flea market?

I bought the red one and the skull mask. I think the red mask is a replica of a Tibetan death mask (likely since it was only 25 bucks, but still made of wood), but I have literally no clue about the other. These are just going to be props for a play I'm staging, but it'd be nice to know about their cultural background.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

If I went back in time and changed my past, then back to the future where there were now 2 of me, what would be the best course of action for my now displaced self? Try to buy a fake id, win big money off the stock market and move to the west coast? I can't imagine creating a new identity, especially when you have a fully documented identical double, would be easy.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

oh snap posted:

Does anybody remember a story (pretty sure it wasn't true) about a computer program that was tasked with designing circuits? When it came up with a design there were transistors and capacitors that appeared to be hooked up incorrectly, or not attached at all. But when it was switched on it performed better than existing circuitry?

It was a story on evolutionary circuits featured on damninteresting.com. I'm pretty sure it was true.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

If I wanted to mail a bottle of brewed coffee (or espresso), would it spoil by the time it arrived? It would probably take 2-3 days.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

What type of berries are these growing in my yard? They look like raspberries, but after googling raspberry bushes, they clearly aren't.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Great, thanks!

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I want to buy some white LED strips for a costume, and they'll be mounted behind my head (glued to the inside of a hood for a backlight). The only problem is, I'm worried about the heat? If I buy something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Cold-White-Lights-Silver-Wire/dp/B004DZBYXK/ref=pd_sim_hg_4, will the back of my head get burned/make me really hot and uncomfortable?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Gravity Pike posted:

Yeah. Plus, the fact that you get 20 of them and the wires, ad the battery pack and the whole package is $6 tells me that they're using inexpensive LEDs, which means lower power LEDs, which means cooler LEDs.

Ah, thanks. I really just didn't want to get burned, and I guess "cheaper = less electricity used" makes sense.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

A long time ago, I saw some promotional instructional video on how to play Magic the Gathering... hosted by Bryan Cranston. I'm definitely not making this up but google isn't agreeing with me. Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Schweinhund posted:

You might be thinking of this but the host is just someone who looks like Bryan Cranston a bit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rGAyCn1fJQ

drat, it even sounds like him.... that's a possibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I've dropped my iphone so much that the camera lens (and screen) has a ton of dirt and dust under the glass, rendering it pretty much unusable for taking pictures. Where can I go to get it cleaned? I have a 5 if that matters at all.