Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuoco
Jan 3, 2009

King Carnivore posted:

What's the name of the french dish where they take a small bird, poke out it's eyes and feed it constantly and then drown it in scotch? You're supposed to eat it with a cloth over your face to hide the sin.

You're probably thinking of the Ortolan Bunting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuoco
Jan 3, 2009

Ramaroot posted:

There's a line from a movie(? show?) and I can't remember the movie or the entirety/exactness of the line. It's something like:

"What causes this...fire in your belly? Is it cause you haven't got a man?"

Or something to that effect. I -think- the movie involved sword fighting. And it wasn't "Working Girl" which was the movie that popped up when I tried Google.

Anyone know?

edit: More info.

I think it was the villain saying it to the heroine. I'm pretty sure they were dressed fantasy-style or renaissance or period or something. I think the movie might have been pretty terrible...

Is this it by any chance?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4gO4Gy_i-I#t=07m40s

It's from the 2006 BBC Series 'Robin Hood'. It seems to match the renaissance-style, swordfighting, villian talking to woman, and fire in the belly.

Fuoco
Jan 3, 2009

Ramaroot posted:

That's it! Thank you!

How did you find it?

I did a search for "fire in your belly" at http://movie.subtitlr.com/

Fuoco
Jan 3, 2009
Assuming all your names are in column A, you could use:
code:
=COUNTIF(A:A,"John")

Fuoco
Jan 3, 2009

User-Friendly posted:

So, in order to help my little brother get better at mental math, we play that game where you add/subtract/multiply/divide four numbers and try to get them to ten.

(e.g., [4 5 3 9] --> ((9-4)-3)*5=10).

Obviously, there are some that won't work, [1 1 1 1] being an extreme example. Is there anyway to tell which ones will or won't work besides brute force? Additionally, are there any solvers online? I don't even know where to begin googling for that.

This sounds similar to the numbers game they play on Countdown/Letters and Numbers.

There are a few solvers online, such as the one below which I think may work for you as it allows you to set only 4 of the variables:

http://djce.org.uk/countdown

Fuoco
Jan 3, 2009

Lid posted:

I googled first and went through lists of died too young musicians and there doesn't seem to be anyone that this generation truly mourns for musically.

I did a search now too and Avicii stood out as the most well known name to me so maybe he counts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuoco
Jan 3, 2009

NotNut posted:

Is the Internet Archive wayback machine not working for anyone else?

Seems fine to me.