Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
At my part time job someone abandoned a beat up old mountain bike. Not locked up or anything. It was there for an entire day before I brought it inside. We have kept it in a lost and found for almost a week.

I want it, since no one is coming to claim it, but my manager thinks we should call the police to see if someone reported a bike missing.

I am thinking that most likely no one called it in, or that the police will just impound it and I will never see it again even if no one ever claims it. What's the right way to go about doing this to see if anyone is looking for it without the police just snatching it up (or do they even do that?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
I'd try the transgender thread or faggoon thread in E/N.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Stephen Colbert made a joke last night on The Colbert Report. He said that vodka is the official drink of Easter for the Russians because, "if you down enough of this swill, it will rise again."

I don't get that joke :(

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
I got a shirt here, and it has no tag. How do I know what's the front or back?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
If i use a 12V DC output plug with a 7.5V DC powered sign, what will happen? It "works" but will it heat up or something?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Can someone link the .pls file for the sky.fm bebop jazz channel? I'm on a tablet and I can't get to it, but I'd like to use it instead of the built in flash channel. Thanks so much! :)

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

stubblyhead posted:

Do you need a premium account to get the pls links? I just get a popup window that plays through my browser. Doesn't seem to be flash-based, though.

No, you don't. If you get the flash popup, there's a little gear icon next to the volume. Clicking that will show options for the type of stream you want, and you can choose "Winamp/Itunes/VLC," which should then connect you to a PLS file.

The problem is that going through those menus doesn't work on my tablet :-/

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

stubblyhead posted:

Don't know if you still need it, but here you go:

http://listen.sky.fm/webplayer/bebop.pls

worked, thanks :)

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
After enabling Timeline on Facebook, how the hell do you get to your own photo albums anymore?

The "quickest" way I can find is to click on my profile picture, then click on the link to the profile picture album, then click on 'Albums' to get to them. There isn't any direct link, at least as far as I can see.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
I have my old World of Warcraft game boxes lying around, and I don't play the game anymore. Those are just trash, right? There's no feasible way to sell the box?

edit: I should note these aren't just empty boxes but like... the total thing you'd buy from retail. Box/cds/instruction manuals/everything.

the fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Apr 28, 2012

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
So why can't Zynga have the poo poo sued out of them for making Words with Friends, which is literally Scrabble but renamed?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
If something is going to appear on iTunes tomorrow, when do you think that is?

Midnight EST? Sometime during the middle of the day?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

ommega posted:

There's a wireless network at the place I'm staying that my macbook connects to fine, but when I try to connect my ipad it says it is unable to. What I'm I doing wrong?

1. Entering in the code improperly?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

Golbez posted:

My phone downloads new things from the RSS feeds and they're always dated 2am Central, so I'm guessing midnight Pacific.

FYI it was up at midnight EST

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
I want to sell my vinyl in SA-Mart, but shipping looks loving ridiculous!

A 300g package costs $25.00 to ship across the US?!

Am I missing something here or is there no way around it?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
What's the shipping route a package takes from Australia?

I just ordered something off eBay and the guy says it will arrive "July 24th through August 6th."

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

randyest posted:

From Australia to where? Regardless, that's almost certainly impossible to answer since it depends on so many things.

Sorry, to the east coast of the US.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
I went to Target and purchased a PC video game. I got home and realized I already have it and need to exchange. I checked the bag and they didn't give me a receipt. Seriously, they didn't.

The game is unopened. Can I return it for something else? Will it help if I go back the same day?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
I have a 1925 edition of Bertrand Russell's "ABC of Relativity." Is it worth anything? I don't see it sold anywhere, only much later copies.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
What was the name of that learning language series that advertised a lot via commercials in the early 90s? I remember it being animated on videtape, or something...

edit: Muzzy!

the fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Sep 17, 2012

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

Gravity Pike posted:

I recently got a kinda-older laptop and hooked it up to my TV, so I can watch online videos on a big screen with decent speakers. I'm looking for a wireless keyboard/mouse/input device that will allow me to type a URL, move the mouse around, and click, while giving me a small form-factor, and that doesn't need a mousepad/smooth surface to work on. (Maybe an Android app?) Anyone have any ideas? Is there a more appropriate thread in IYG that I should be asking in?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&N=100006666&isNodeId=1&Description=touchpad&x=0&y=0

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Why aren't there a lot of original German Neitzche books on eBay? There's about 1700 in English and only 30-ish in German.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
So, I always thought a cable is a cable is a cable but...

My micro USB cable for the AC adapter for my Galaxy Nexus got damaged, so I got a replacement generic from the generic wireless store in the mall.

I've had it plugged in here, and it's taken like 30 minutes to charge only 10 percent (which is really, really slow). And, when I used it, it actually dropped from 35 to 34 percent while still charging.

So, piece of crap cable? How do I know what the good ones are?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Filling out an online job application here. If I only have two employers in the past 8 years or so, do I even really need to list a third?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

Turtlicious posted:

What did you do to get that ave/title?

(Is it against the rules to ask that?)

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3463525

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
If a married man has a child with his mistress, what is the relationship between the child and his wife? Son in law?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
If something is advertised as "pre-war," which war are they talking about?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

Crankit posted:

Probably the norman conquest, that really shook a lot of things up.

wow, that would make it quite an old typewriter

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
I found some pear jam that's been in the fridge for who knows how long. Maybe 2 years? It looks fine. How do I know if it's good?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
I purchased the Starbucks VIA Iced Coffee drinks. However, it has suddenly gone very cold outside, and I'd love t have a hot drink instead. Is there a huge difference between the VIA Iced Coffee drinks and the other types? Can I make it hot? How would I? The box only has instructions for making iced coffee.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Pick it

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Is there a specific term for this style of skateboard?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Why don't any of the Indian people I work with wear deoderant?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Can an impotent man have an orgasm? If so, how is that accomplished?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
I found a size medium Craft and Barrow wool sweater. How do I find out if it's a mens or womens sweater?

edit: pretty sure this is the same one

the fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Feb 19, 2013

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
How long can a human survive in a microwave?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Well, what happens to animals, then? I know that's happened before, right? How long can a rat survive?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Is there a list of titles somewhere? Like PhD, MBA, CSA, etc?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
What show had the comedy skit where some guy traded the last grain of rice for another guy's first born child?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
What is the douchiest possible online handle within 16 letters? I'm thinking xX YOLO SWAG Xx but I would take suggestions...

edit: 9GAGYOLOSWAG420 barely fits, I may go with that

the fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Mar 13, 2013