Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
yayyyy it’s Coyote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

:v:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

poo poo pretend I remembered to change it to “jerrek”

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Wow it really is turning into DBZ

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

This is fun, which webcomic are we going to critique next

Also

pik_d posted:

I don't know what's going on anymore

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

I don’t think Questionable Content will ever end

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Dude also has 12 thousand Patreon subs Jesus Christ I wouldn’t stop either

Also, new page I guess

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

It's wild to me that my reading of this comic has drifted so far that I'm not confident that this is intentionally creepy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

I like that this page reminds me of the treatises!

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Duodecimal posted:

Gunnerkrigg Court: a rushed wasting of time

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

I genuinely think the recent pages would be better if there was no dialogue

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

GunnerJ posted:

I kinda expected Annie to put two and two together about this here, but tbf she has other poo poo going on at the moment I guess.
She did, actually. https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2862

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

It would’ve been more fun if we skipped this chapter—Lana got eaten and then Kat got summoned immediately in robot god form, completely confused as to what was going on

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

uh, isn’t she already forced to do it??

https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1787

so is kat just letting her take over another department of someone else’s choice later? like don’t get me wrong, seems like a crappy job shepherding weird blasé robot corpses forever, but…

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

this reminds me of that part of Frankenstein where the guy realizes he’s created a new form of life and goes “aw shucks”

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

The unexpected shifts in pacing and tone once added to the experience of Gunnerkrigg to me. I think if I were in a different place with the storytelling and characterization, this odd kind of mid-drama interlude could’ve clicked for me. Though it would also have to have been executed better. Kat has become kind of incomprehensible to me. She just seems eternally casual, befuddled by subtext and oblivious to all concerning implications.
Discussing having the reins for a new kind of species and learning some deep truths of the world cosmology, she mainly concerns herself with being a considerate pal to Annie.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Kat is an engineer. Before the day is out she’ll have coded an automated afterlife guidance system with a hologram of her.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Love the actual insight into Kat’s mind and interesting topic of conversation, but it kills me that it’s happening while the robots look like there doing a Weekend At Bernie’s

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

she also said, “haha, jeez!” we have our finest minds analyzing her words. as mere machines we can but hope to understand.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

If I were Annie right now I’d feel really really bad that thinking about that time Jeanne stabbed my friend kind of got someone killed! She seems alright though!

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

I hope Lana is the laser cow

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

That art made me think of the Sierra game The Lost Mind of Dr. Brain for the first time in like 25 years, so thanks for that

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

“Silly Robot, we figured this all out offscreen! And we already forgive you! :)

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Now everyone is going to round on Annie and be mad she let a human robot die before Robot, and instead of noting how absurd this is, she’ll feebly try to defend herself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

I thought all this would be building up to some kind of longer term conflict / antagonism but it seems more like it’s being framed as “Robot sure has been convincing himself of some wild melodramatic things. What a dummy! His partner has to go smack some sense into him”