Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
It's about bloody time this had its own thread :)

I'm really enjoying this chapter, which is bittersweet because it just cannot update fast enough :f5: I'm quite glad though, I didn't particularly get much out of the Kat/Paz chapter - I understand it was meant to give Kat some depth (pointing out how she's gotten bitter and resentful since seeing jolly little elf hunk's assassination) but I just couldn't get into it :(

This chapter, on the other hand, kicks rear end. In fact, any time that Tea-san stops writing comments under the comments kicks rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Oh no! A sad face! :smith:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Man this comic is loving pretty :swoon:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Yeah, there's little doubt that it looked weird at the start, but the art got better FAST, and now it's just drat good.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Today's comic is brought to you by: eyebrows.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Oh my loving God :3: well done Tea-san for making it tasteful too :)

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I love it when I find things I hadn't noticed on the first look-through

look at the moon

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Oh, hello Jack. Wonder if this is "oh god I hope the insane flying guy is alright better talk to him" territory or "Zimmy inadvertently stumbled across my secret crush" territory.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Oh hey there awkward physical intimacy, how are you doing?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Yadoppsi posted:

Did everybody forget the foreshadowing in these last five panels?

I didn't :smugbert:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

1stGear posted:

Is the UK seriously that harsh?

My word no. You'll catch crap for it, but you'd only have to re-take a year if the piece of work counts towards an actual qualification.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

No Mods No Masters posted:

Tea-san continues to deliver only the very finest of reaction faces. Gunnerkrigg really is a pleasure.

I actually really didn't like the art on this page, it just seems a little off. Seconding that I'm looking forward to the imminent explosion, though :)

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
God drat that's a good comeback. I was getting a little disinterested in this chapter, but now I'm back :f5:-ing like nobody's business.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I'm back in love with this chapter, and the art :swoon:

Distortion effect = awesome

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
:wth: Annie getting all fire explody out of nowhere!

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Now I have a vision of Elgamore with a dodgy tache yelling "I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG!!" :D

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Elftor posted:

Ho-lee poo poo son. That is amazing :D

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Today's comic is awesome, and really touching. Ever since the last visit to the forest, it seems Annie and Mr Grumpypants have really developed a bit of a bond.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Oh come on, I just changed my avatar :smith:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

MikeJF posted:

Believe me, you have the plotting and pacing and editing down ten times as well as any number of professional stories I could name. We nitpick because we love but any complaints are minor at worst; you don't see any of us not eagerly checking three times a week.

Seriously Tea-san. Monday, Wednesday and Friday my routine is clear: get into work, open Chrome, click address bar, type G, boom.

This is a drat good story with the odd weak chapter - so what :)

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Oh Boxbot, you're so utterly awful :rolleyes:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
The current little subplot is very pretty :3:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Desumaytah posted:

Annie is going to kiss Jack and he is going to be Coyote.

But Coyote is actually a robot created by future time-traveling Kat to seduce Annie, and Zimmy is another Kat-robot, who is the real Kat from the present, and Boxbot is also Kat and this is all revealed right here so everyone is going to leave this scene incredibly confused.

And Jones. Jones is definitely a Katbot.

Top work whoever bought Chibisoma that avatar by the way :D

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Tom hurry up and put that on eBay. I want to give you my money.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Mirage posted:

I think Willie and Janet are about to out themselves. :shobon:

That'd make a good third story but be nowhere near as fun as them awkwardly trying to hide it :shobon:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Tea-san posted:

I imagine I'll have some stuff left over after Thought Bubble is finished, so I'm hoping to put any canvases and such on ebay. I could even make more specifically to sell on line if people are interested.

If I could ever get the time I'd love to offer ink wash and watercolour commissions along with the old $20 custom drawing also.

Yes please. Take my money.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Seriously, that's the best panel ever (and if someone can avatarise it without it looking like poo poo I'll take it)

mfcrocker fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Dec 19, 2011

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I love this chapter. So very, very much.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Holy loving hell poo poo just got real!

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Tea-san posted:

Yeah, I really wanted to avoid that.

Despite this, hearing Annie as American in the fan-project just flat-out doesn't work.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Well done Tom, excellent news :)

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I just need to convince my fiancée that we need an oil painting of Annie and Coyote in our living room.

Because we definitely do.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
This comic is amazing. Every single page that gets linked leads me to reread a chapter which eventually just leads to a total reread.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

SHISHKABOB posted:

Thanks for your opinion :thumbsup:

Isn't that exactly what you did? :psyduck:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Oh my god Tom you gave me diabetes :3:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

SHISHKABOB posted:

Which, in my scholarly internet opinion, is probably a troll.

You have way too much respect for your average internet commenter.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Fecha posted:

Wait a minute, Kat never voiced aloud her concern that they're just hanging out as friends. Mind reader confirmed?!

She vocally called Paz her friend to the Seraphs

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Blackheart posted:

But we often get fun times after they happen!

Cmon Tom, it's Kat Fun Time!

(I just want more goofy dancing and avatar fodder)

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Rumda posted:

java script: var max;if(location.href.match('gunnerkrigg.com')){max=document.getElementsByName('comicID')[0].length+1;}else{max=1275}location.href='http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID='+(Math.floor(Math.random()*max));

Fixed that for ya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

seravid posted:

Received my copy of Annie in the Forest Part 2 today; thanks again, Nettle Soup!

Just like Part 1, it's a joy to read and the art remains excellent (and better than the regular comic).

I got mine over the weekend too! Nettle Soup is the best, although not very tasty!