Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Rand Brittain posted:

You run up and down and around the sides of a building or other large object, trying to cover each segment in your teams' icing flavor, while knocking the other team off so they can't ice it with their flavor instead. Once you ice an entire segment, the icing will harden and you move on to the next segment, but you have the option of decorating the iced segments, which will increase your score but keeps members of your team from using that time to help ice the next segment.

Time for a fourth try at Fat Princess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think final fantasy rebirth might be good

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Hearing this more and more

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I mean I should've mentioned I'm mostly talking about the designs. While there were obviously witches and wizards and people with oversized swords in the original they would wear modern clothes and such. It just seems weird to see a lady with just straight up fantasy witch robes and a classic magic staff in the Troubleshooter setting is all.

Edit: I should really go back and play the Troubleshooter post-release content and DLC at some point, but I feel like if I tried to figure out what the hell I was doing with my Mastery Grids I will go insane.

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Apr 30, 2024

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Infinity Gaia posted:

I mean I should've mentioned I'm mostly talking about the designs. While there were obviously witches and wizards and people with oversized swords in the original they would wear modern clothes and such. It just seems weird to see a lady with just straight up fantasy witch robes and a classic magic staff in the Troubleshooter setting is all.

well we also got some new bad guys

the actual big news in this image is that apparently there are going to be generics lady enemy models too now, which is great.

e: but yeah the idea of the people who look a bit more traditionally fantasy is they are like actually living out in mountain tribes. like the wilderness teens actually don't read like typical rpg fantasy designs so much as people who are legit just living in hills. the witch and these new baddies do look a bit more jrpg-y tho.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Apr 30, 2024

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Hearing this more and more

It feels like i made this game for me specifically

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Tequila Bob posted:

Agreed, but: how are they going to make 320x240 backgrounds look good on HD (never mind 4K)?

The best case would be if they still retained the original art, and could re-digitize it. Or if the original art was preserved at very high fidelity. Which would be a pleasant surprise.

The Legend of Mana remaster looked pretty good even tho if you looked at it really closely it looked like it was run through an emulator filter

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I would like the Foamstars failure cutscene to not get lost by the weird post cause it is the funniest one I've seen

https://twitter.com/codssjgod/status/1754964871576199358

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I'm so foamed up...

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Tequila Bob posted:

Agreed, but: how are they going to make 320x240 backgrounds look good on HD (never mind 4K)?

The best case would be if they still retained the original art, and could re-digitize it. Or if the original art was preserved at very high fidelity. Which would be a pleasant surprise.

A high quality CRT filter, so it looks basically like it would have in the 90s

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Of course the best part of the troubleshooter 2 party make up, is based off of very little evidence, it seems like they are going to double down on the WLW. Archer and barbarian. Witch and gunslinger. Great combinations.

And maybe Ryo will move pass whatever his attachment with Kylie is and hook up with Yuri for the yaoi likers too.
(Those two are actually returning characters, they weren't party members though)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Foam em boys

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Aside after trying to play some with a friend recently, I think they should make a Wakfu game that's fun and good instead of bad. Seems like an easy winner imo

you'd think so but wakfu has trouble even keeping the animated adaptations that are the highlight consistent

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

30 hours and halfway through Persona 3 R. Kind of wish there was more than one music theme for the 150+ odd times you hang out with someone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWvyBiucaDw

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
still not sure why the arc of the dofus cartoon begins with funny reminiscing on grandpa's past adventures and ends with a movie about grandpa dying but being revealed as a demi human with nine lives and now he's reverted into a baby his grandson joris has to raise

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Snooze Cruise posted:

pictured: a witch and barbarian from the first troubleshooter

It looks like the lady on the right is sitting, but how does she sit with the big sword strapped to her back? Maybe they're standing and her posture is just a little funny?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
why is 40% of the dofus cartoon about their cool lesbian maid and her relationship with her girlfriend only for neither of them to show up in the movie in any form and instead half of the movie is about a sportsball player with big abs getting close up shots of his naked abs and the joke is that he sucks and no one likes him

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
why is it called dofus book 1 when it's been 9 years and there is still no dofus book 2

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Ytlaya posted:

It looks like the lady on the right is sitting, but how does she sit with the big sword strapped to her back? Maybe they're standing and her posture is just a little funny?

If cloud can do it so can she

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I wonder how many mobile games SE has shuttered recently

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Feels Villeneuve posted:

If cloud can do it so can she

Cloud takes his sword off when he sits to play Queen's Blade! He puts it on a stand IIRC

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Every local arcade has a sword stand, geez people touch grass. :v:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Ytlaya posted:

i mean couldn't she just be on like the leftmost edge of the bench or whatever they are sitting on?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

The Colonel posted:

still not sure why the arc of the dofus cartoon begins with funny reminiscing on grandpa's past adventures and ends with a movie about grandpa dying but being revealed as a demi human with nine lives and now he's reverted into a baby his grandson joris has to raise

That seems like a prank Ecaflip would pull tbf and the cartoon does at least imply (If not outright states? It's been a minute) that Kerub is a direct son or chosen one of the god.

The Colonel posted:

instead half of the movie is about a sportsball player with big abs getting close up shots of his naked abs and the joke is that he sucks and no one likes him

It's a funny bit tbf and the sad drunk elf lady is also funny.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the problem is that all of these choices just kind of dump anything that was cool about the cartoon. i don't exactly care that kerubim has anything special going on but i do think it's boring that "he adopted joris and through his relationship with him realized some stuff about himself and became a better person" turned into "he adopted joris as part of his sacred knight duty that he has sworn his life to and actually him adopting him has been about protecting him from his evil mom nobody mentioned until just now". the cool part about the dofus cartoon was all of the serious plot stuff mostly being focused around kerubim being kind of a loser who failed to maintain any of his relationships with the people he grew up with and how he struggled with a gambling addiction for most of his life that he had to go through hell to overcome, the movie shoots so hard from low stakes character stuff like that to the biggest plot ever that it mostly immediately makes everyone involved really boring. losing simone kind of feels emblematic of that because simone's entire thing was being a pretty regular person who just had a good head on her shoulders, in contrast the movie doesn't really feel like it has room for anyone who isn't ultra super special in some weird specific way and because of that it's much harder to connect with anything about it

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 00:04 on May 1, 2024

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Played a little further in Lost Eidolons, and the budget spigot for cutscenes seems to have dried up quite a bit. However, the levels are still interesting. I feel like the interface for managing your chars in camp is a little noisy and overwhelming, but in play things seem much less complicated than something like Engage or Three houses. On the other hand, it was VERY interesting seeing that we could buy consumable grenades that hit a 3x3 area. Writing isn't anything special, but our heroes are fairly likeable and I feel invested enough to get through a couple more levels after work tonight.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Did they patch in the game to let characters blink

or move their eyeballs

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

it slaps, my dude

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Without even watching footage I can tell that Foamstars was just trying to do something that Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash already perfected.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I'm guessing the Square Enix news means less Diofield Chronicles and HARVESTELLAs? Stuff they didn't necessarily lose money on, but didn't get enough of a return on.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Snooze Cruise posted:

People who are not reading the Troubleshooter thread have been missing out on previews of the cool designs for the party of the next game

Will they translate it properly this time so it's actually playable

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

I would like the Foamstars failure cutscene to not get lost by the weird post cause it is the funniest one I've seen

https://twitter.com/codssjgod/status/1754964871576199358

i literally said what the gently caress out loud, thats one hell of a twist

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Rinkles posted:

I'm guessing the Square Enix news means less Diofield Chronicles and HARVESTELLAs? Stuff they didn't necessarily lose money on, but didn't get enough of a return on.

maybe. more likely that it means less forspokens and foamstars, probably less launch chocobo gps too

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

babypolis posted:

i literally said what the gently caress out loud, thats one hell of a twist

I shuddered...just imagine it...a world all foamed up. Some dark poo poo.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Taear posted:

Will they translate it properly this time so it's actually playable

they did do that already

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Huh, Foamstars is such a flop that it doesn't have a Wikipedia page.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

foamstars might have done better if it was 'splatoon' but on xbox/pc/ps, instead of..uh..only ps5

its gameplay changes to the splatoon formula aren't bad, but, well...yeah.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

kirbysuperstar posted:

foamstars might have done better if it was 'splatoon' but on xbox/pc/ps, instead of..uh..only ps5

its gameplay changes to the splatoon formula aren't bad, but, well...yeah.

I heard that among other things, having traditional gun reloading, killed the flow compared to Splatoon.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

yeah that didn't help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Crossplay across multiple platforms, and free to play, is how Foamstars should have shipped. Fully expect to see the shut down announcement by the end of the year. I will be surprised if it isnt.