Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

ChrisAsmadi posted:

Does anyone have any recommendations as to what type of character to play in Arcanum? Or what to avoid?

Play a talky charismatic person with a ton of followers you equip with lightweight melee weapons. Or just put a few points in magic and the harm spell and win the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I'm not totally sure what I did or if another party member had some kind of haste spell that he never cast on me, but after I gave the lizard dude the best bow I could find he killed poo poo with incredibly speed. Like, I seriously think it might be bugged.

Also, in real time mode some firearms are bugged and will let you fire as fast as you can click.
Re: Arcanum
I tried out a master bowman at one point. It's incredible but the downside is that you have to carry around hundreds of arrows because you can go through them so quickly. Master throwing can be even more powerful because there is a certain magical chakram you can throw incredibly quickly and it returns to your hand and you can use molotovs and grenades for groups and golems.

High Dex beats out high strength for the most part in Arcanum. The fast weapons (lightweight daggers, gauntleted fists, featherweight electric swords, the incendiary axe is as slow as I would go) are the best. It is pretty easy to get really powerful in Arcanum through any of the combat skills, guns are probably the hardest way. An unarmerd mentally retarded half-ogre with huge strength and dex can beat 99% of the enemies in the game into unconciousness and then kick them to death with literally no equipment straight off the zeppelin.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Your Computer posted:

I still have no idea how I ever managed to play NWN as a kid, considering how little I knew what I was doing :iiam:

Also I just noticed Pathfinder is down to "Mixed" reviews on Steam now. I wish I could get into Pillars of Eternity because I'd love to play a game like this but the setting and characters just wasn't doing it for me.

It took me a long while to really warm up to the Pillars setting and now it's up there for me. It was almost like language immersion, I didn't understand it at all until I really started understanding and digging it.