Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Music wise at least I'd say I preferred both SD3/Trials and Legend of Mana. The intro to LoM (the second one that plays when you actually start a game) is probably my favourite JRPG track ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

This one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c73t4ZoYE_Q

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WXSZWbYHs8

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's a five year difference in those games which was a huge gap in those days. Yes, it is the same hardware but you're comparing a third party game made a year or two after the hardware debut to a first party game made years later.

Not saying the first Mana game isn't weird and fairly obtuse but that was kinda the standard in 1991.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The songs good :colbert:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mana definitely has better music than DQ

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I finished SoM twice last year and the combat isn't great but it's not enough to ruin the game.

The menu loading times in Trials original is almost enough to ruin the game though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wait which is the opening movie music in KH3 the skrillex thing or Don't Think Twice?

The first is eh and the second owns.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SNES Trials is what happens when you push a console past the breaking point

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gay anime poo poo for girls is the only good media that exists

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

cumpantry posted:

9 for Kakegurui. Jesus.

Yeah should be 10

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FireWorksWell posted:

When FF7Rebirth first came out and everyone was talking about Queen's Blood I kept thinking they were referring to that before I remembered the actual name.

lol same

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

But how do they taste?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It made playing Death Stranding an even more GOATed experience.

This

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I remembered fruit picking, monster raising and crafting in Legend of Mana but had completely forgotten about the whole create a Golem system lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rinkles posted:

Never heard of this, but looks intriguing. Anyone play Crystar?

Yeah, I'd put it on a similar level to the original Caligula Effect, interesting ideas bolted to a pretty shaky framework. The basic systems aren't quite as bad as that game but the story and characters are quite as interesting either.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

does it even have any exclusive stuff over the psp version

Being on a system that's currently a metre away from me rather than one that's uh in a box... somewhere...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rinkles posted:

thought i'd pick up my first compile heart game because the premise for Death end re;Quest sounded cool, but i see a lot of negative impressions.

Anyone want to convince me otherwise?

The part that's a VN is good but the part that's an RPG is bad, the second game is better but that also applies probably twofold.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

How many characters can you miss because you didn't talk to a certain person in a five minute window?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Steam forums will always be there for you

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't know if they ever released a new version in the US but they fixed some of the bugs for the EU version (that came out like two years later).

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Can you recruit the guy who gives you the fishing rod at the start? He has a portrait but just asks me how the fishings going when I talk to him.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My biggest issue with the menus is how long it takes to switch windows, just slightly more of pause than feels acceptable.

Bonus points for letting me equip stuff from the item menu though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not that I remember but I don't think there's anything more to it that S can only attack from front row, M from either and L only from back row?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Also wondering this

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Extreme close ups and Clint Eastwood shooting someone

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Congrats to Compile Heart for finally finding the one thing that puts me off one of their games lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Roguelike

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ImpAtom posted:

Speaking of which the backstory to Megaton Musashi is absurdly dark.

99.9% of humanity was brutally murdered and the planet was literally cored out, and the surviving humans all live in a fake town in a space station with their memories erased because they were so horrifyingly traumatized that erasing their memories and letting them live in the town was the only way any of them could continue to function.

Are you playing the game or did you just watch the first episode of the anime? (I wanna know what the game is like).

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Welcome to the RPG thread where every day is Opposite Day.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What about double demon fang

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Because Last Action Hero owns

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I like Bioshock (not you Infinite)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

*sigh* someone post the CliffyB tweet

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Buck Wildman posted:

square enix killed deus ex and one day there will be a reckoning

Oh no they killed the series with one good game that came out in 2000

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wow it did come out in 2000 that was a good guess

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Foam em boys

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've never played it because it's not on console

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bump system bump system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I actually knew that the voice change was coming and apparently it was only really a spoiler in the english script because of poor localization of the original game

the scene that inspired me making this post, was Dio showing up

Dio being voiced by Akiyama Yakuza in Japanese was the icing on the cake.