Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Funso Banjo posted:

What kind of mind goes to the trouble of correctly spelling the word "deflection", but then types the rest of that post?

The best thing about having Geordies on your facebook is that they all write phonetically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

He's not even the bloke who dreamt about Xabi Alonso scoring from his own half and then put £200 on it.

That was a far better likely fictional dream.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

ibroxmassive posted:

The law in England and Wales is difficult because the Sexual Offences Act 2003 was a horribly written piece of legislation.

Basically;
  • Anyone having sex or sexual contact with a child under 13 faces a maximum sentence of life imprisonment

• Anyone in a position of trust having sex or sexual contact with a person between 13 and 18 they reasonably believe to be over 18 is fine legally.
  • If the belief is found to be unreasonable then they face a max. sentence of 6 months if they go to a Magistrates Court, or 5 years if they go to the Crown Court and have a Jury Trial.

• Anyone else having sex or sexual contact with a person aged between 13 and 16 and who they reasonably believe to be over 16 is also fine.
  • If you're over 18 and the belief is unreasonable then it's 14 years imprisonment.
  • If you're under 18 and the belief is unreasonable then it's 5 years imprisonment on indictment, 6 months summary.

It works out that if you're 89 and have sex with a 14 year old who you reasonably believed to be over 16 then that's legal, but two 15 year olds having sex together are both breaking the law. But the CPS would never prosecute because they were told not to as soon as the Act passed, because everyone knows that would be stupid.

This is a lot of words about some poo poo posts about a poo poo football player who's a poo poo.

what if the 14 year old is mafia?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Big Piece O poo poo posted:

countdown to Maradona firing back in ... 3 ... 2 ...

Diego Maradona, in response to the Pele quote about Messi posted:

My God, that is just stupid

Football's great statesmen again elevate the game.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Hallowed Turban posted:

Probably fake but

I don't think a man named "@notcarlcole" is actually Carlton Cole but I can't prove this

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

c0burn posted:

Haha where is that from

RedCafe

We're all counting down until Moysie poaches Anichebe

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

I've never waivered from my belief that if anyone claims to be a "Six Sigma Black Belt", you should be allowed to kick them as hard as you can in the knee

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

moyes correctly pictured as a dark horse waiting for his moment to pounce

a scottish dark horse

with three legs

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

I'm not sure I can cope with the idea of an Arsenal fan making a Youtube video (or having an opinion about anything, ever), and it actually being funny and self-aware

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Columbus had the right idea, he was just an underachiever

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Dirk Pitt posted:

Are Man Utd fans claiming the Dutch semi final appearance? Really?

we are, op, it's fully sick

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

it's me, i paid david luiz £10 to be useless in the world cup semi final

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

One day I am going to travel to America, where I will find every American who didn't enjoy the World Cup Final because it didn't have eight goals in and kick them in the shins

I'd also like to see the Grand Canyon

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Imagine Floyd Mayweather bombing down the right against Sunderland and then suddenly claiming to have an injury and hiding in the bathroom when he has to play against City, it'd be sweet as heck imho

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Gigi Galli posted:

Juventus except for a few very quiet years.

They actually got robbed tonight, heh.

Is it really a "fanbase" if only 600 people show up?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Gigi Galli posted:

This would have been funny about 3 years ago but Juventus sells out all their home games.

All of my Serie A jokes are based on things that happened there 5-10 years ago

But if Italy doesn't have an obligation to be up to date with the modern world, I'd don't see why I should start

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

The history sperg in me wants to point out that Stalin choosing to stay in Moscow was almost entirely irrelevant to the outcome of Operation Barbarossa, and the main argument is as to Hitler choosing to delay the attack on Moscow from July until October 1941 since he didn't see it as critical to winning the war.

It is, however, the sort of thing that Stalin would talk up in a press conference before going home to look at the picture of himself he keeps in his own house.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

James Richardson likes this

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

When was the last time Rangers put out a team that strong? 1998?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Tsaedje posted:

to be fair he scores <3 goals per season

hail satan

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

blue footed boobie posted:

Why the gently caress are they the hearts of oak, anyway?

Probably because there's an actual team called that in, like, Ghana or one of those places, and MLS is entirely supported by cargo-culters

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

he's not really there

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

ephex posted:

Jesus Christ chuggo what have you unearthed

I think Columbus discovered it first, tbh

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

luvd is thinner than this, also the girl should be crying

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Byolante posted:

Its not, Ghandi was actually a liverpool fan because he really hated blacks and jews.

If everyone who really hated blacks and jews became a Liverpool fan, I'm pretty sure half of the posters on here would be plastic Americans talking about how Brendan needs more time

It doesn't bear thinking about

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

trem_two posted:

A Team of “Altidores”
Or use any of your favorite US players
(tune of Yellow Submarine)
We all dream of a team of Altidores,
A team of Altidores,
A team of Altidores.
A team of Altidores,
A team of Altidores.
And number one, is Altidore.
And number two, is Altidore.
And number three, is Altidore.
And number four, is Altidore.
A team of Altidores,
A team of Altidores.
A team of Altidores,
A team of Altidores.
And number five, is Altidore.
And number six, is Altidore.
And number seven, is Altidore.
And number eight, is Altidore.
A team of Altidores,
A team of Altidores.
A team of Altidores,
A team of Altidores.
And number nine, is Altidore.
And number ten, is Altidore.
And number eleven, is Altidore.
And off the bench, is Altidore!
A team of Altidores,
A team of Altidores.
A team of Altidores,
A team of Altidores

been done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkRL4LeCOzM

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

I laughed

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

I cracked up at the Gordon Taylor gag and I won't hear a word against it

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

i always forget just how painfully bad american commentary really is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXpiKpAxkXU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

I'm imagining 11 Messis trying to defend a corner and doing some lols tbf

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

jyrka posted:

What did he suggest to do with the ball on the wings then?

cut inside and shoot, every time

and that boy grew up to be ashley young

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

"how's this for eminent domain" bellowed John Henry, as he fired another batch of white phosphorus out onto Skerries Road

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

I think part of that is just that print journalism is a dying medium and nobody in 2021 is reading newspaper articles to find out what happened in the foot

There may not be a huge market for Sid Lowe doing his "riverrun, past Xabi and Iniesta" shtick and writing 2,000 words on eating an orange in Zaragoza, but it has more of a market than just saying that Barcelona won 5-0 again, which will literally just come up on a Google search without begging you to donate to the Guardian

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Mickolution posted:

Holy poo poo, I thought it was from Reddit or something. Not sure why they'd ask Clive Woodward to come up with a solution?

edit: a solution to a problem that doesn't exist, I mean.

I'm not saying that this is linked to him playing in an era where it wasn't a red to pick a player up and drop him on his skull, but I'm definitely writing that on the internet

I for one can't wait to see Middlesbrough beat City 8-0 and then everyone traipses back out onto the field to do a penalty shootout for no reason or competitive benefit

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

After everything that's happened over the last few years, I think maybe we should consider not awarding major tournaments to horrid kleptocracies with no respect for women or religious minorities

but if the Saudis can partner with someone else... it might just be workable

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

EC10 posted:

not sure about the later posts but cant argue with this

could have gone anywhere he wanted (probably except barcelona? lol) but chose the highest bidder

just lionel messi sullenly kicking a rock through the streets of paris for want of anything better to do on his day off

"yeah, the money's good, but I could have been in salt lake city or guangdong province right now, living the life"

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

crimp and fold till the club is sold

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

TheBigAristotle posted:

I matched with someone on Hinge and the topic I had was "We'll get along if..." and I put "if you watch or play soccer".

Her response?

"Does Ted Lasso count?"

:negative:

yeah but did she show you her chebs or not

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Michael Owen had 44 appearances for England by the end of 2002, and died in a knee explosion in 2006

it is a bad prediction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

I love the implication that adverts are broadcast live and that he can't be at the game because he's gone to that London to sell razors; just an old man barking at a television screen like a dog that's seen another dog

come out of that box and fight me you coward