Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Wiz posted:

This probably already exists, but posting in case it doesn't: No Cheat DLC. Quick little thing I made for myself that disables Courier's Stash by disabling the hidden quests that hand you the equipment on game start, so you can get rid of it without having to delete/move files.
Couldnt you just disable CS in FOMM? or throw the stuff in a bin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
first i just wanna say that this thread owns, especially you cream-of-plenty.

secondly, Project Neveda is being dumb and apparently the .esp's (Rebalance and Cyberware) have the headers of .esm files. Are these safe to enable, is there a fix, or should i not bother with them. I don't have any huge desire to use them, I'm just curious.

Also, is A World of Pain any good? I've heard mixed things and I didn't see it in the OP.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
I'll hold off on it for now. Is there any good, lower level 'new' content? I've played the game since launch on a console, fooled around with it on PC a bit after I earlier this year, and am playing it again since the summer sale has got a bunch of people talking about it again so i'm satisfying my need for post nuclear wasteland cowboys. But I'd like to deviate from what I've done plenty of times before, because if I have to I'll end up just killing everything in sight.

If I do feel like hunting down a less lovely version of AWOP, is there a recommended 'good' version number?

Also, out of curiosity, would it be possible to sort of duplicate Signature Weapon? I love it, but I'd love to be able to have a bit more variety.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
I've got New Vegas Bounties in, I was gonna get going on that when I get up around Vegas (tbh i was there at level one, but i just needed my int implant.) I probably will hit up honest hearts soon, after I stock up on a lot more .357 ammo. That or OWB.

(oh an gopher is great)

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Speaking of followers, are there any recommended mods for multiple companions and/or making them essential?

Also, is there any other way to move stuff around for aHud/oHud other than MCM? It's so terribly slow.

Fake Edit: And earlier this year I was steered away from the Armory on the grounds that it had a whole lot of poo poo and it suffered for it. Is this still the case, or has it been improved and cleaned up and stuff?

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Naky posted:

Errr. I don't know what you mean. 2.5 was a huge emphasis on quality and we've only been fixing, improving, and adding since then. The Armory is really just a resource mod to allow people to use a large variety of weapons to suit their character needs or their own preferences. We don't cater to any specific type of player. I can, with authority, say that there really is something for everyone in it but it's up to you if you want to try it or how you want to use it.

Funny how we hear feedback like that third hand though. We've always been open to it and yet never seem to get it.

I've never used it, I was just referred away to it on some grounds that I'm sort of foggy on, but the general gist was that there was a whole of poo poo and not enough good. I'm still fiddling about with what I like though, so I figure I'll give it a try at some point.

When I say earlier this year, btw, I mean like early January.

TychoCelchuuu posted:

I thought companions already were essential but there's a setessential console command that you could try.
They are not essential in hardcore mode, and it's one of the few things I dislike about hardcore mode.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Naky posted:

Well, I guess you'll have to try it for yourself one day and form your own opinion. That kind of feedback is too vague for me to really take seriously though because I'm not sure what they even mean by it. I could see how an immersionist might be disappointed with the pack, but as I said we don't cater to any one type of player and is meant to be a resource in a variety of different ways.

That's what I was thinking about doing. I'm actually redownloading NV from steam so I can always have a pure vanilla copy for fooling about with. Trying to be a bit more careful about installing mods and preventing conflicts.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
So I've got a nice clean install of new vegas backed up, and i'm ready to start trying out mods left and right. And I've already hit a snag. I'm getting horrible hangs on exiting NV. Can somebody point me in the right direction for what's being a horrible jerk?

load order posted:

[X] FalloutNV.esm
[X] DeadMoney.esm
[X] HonestHearts.esm
[X] OldWorldBlues.esm
[X] LonesomeRoad.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Core.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
[X] GunRunnersArsenal.esm
[X] Advanced Recon Tech.esm
[X] Detect Traps.esm
[X] Selective Fire.esm
[X] oHUD.esm
[ ] Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
[ ] Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
[X] DarNifiedUINV.esp
[X] The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Old World Blues (No Cyberware).esp
[X] Project Nevada - Lonesome Road.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
[X] Selective Fire - Project Nevada.esp
[X] Detect Traps - Perk.esp
[X] Detect Traps - Traponator 4000.esp
[X] Detect Traps - DLC.esp
[X] Advanced Recon Gear.esp
[X] Advanced Recon Tech.esp
[X] Advanced Recon Tech - Detect Traps.esp
[X] Advanced Recon Gear-Locations Doc Mitchell.esp
[X] Advanced Recon Armor.esp
[X] Advanced Recon Armor-Easier Stealth.esp
[X] Advanced Recon Armor-Location Doc Mitchell.esp
[X] Advanced Recon Desert Ranger Helmet.esp
[X] Advanced Recon Range Finder.esp
[X] Advanced Recon Gear - Project Nevada.esp
[X] Quick Trade.esp

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
I dunno, I was hoping there was something I could fix since I was planning on loading/exiting new vegas a bunch to test mod compatibility and Exit Game > CAD > End Task > Confirm > Actually Close is a lot more irritating than Exit.

But it's not a worry anymore because windows decided to like explode and stop working like crazy. So I'm working on fixing that first, then mod fixing.

and is there a zorg gun in new vegas and no one told me? what
what
what
what?

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

SplitSoul posted:

I think the trick to avoiding it was typing qqq in the console, but I dunno if it still works. Give it a try.

I'll try it when i can. And to be honest, for a second, I thought you were telling me to go :qq:

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Crowetron posted:

I was just saying that there should be one. Just look at this crazy poo poo! Granted, there is basically no way you could make it do all that extra stuff, and I have no idea what the reload animation or iron sights would even look like, but I will never stop dreaming of the day I can roll up on Caesar's tent with one of those babies on my arm. :allears:

Oh, i'm entirely familiar with it. Hell, i'd love half the guns from The Fifth Element.

but i'd be happy with just a zorg. i dunno how it would work but i dont really care. the only other crazy weird thing i'd really like a is a version of That Gun / 2019 Detective's Special that went bang bang AND pew pew pew. That would make me so happy.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Mormon Star Wars posted:

Try turning off multi-threaded audio. That fixed my "Freezing when quitting" problem.

Funnily enough, I had actually just turned that on. I'll have to remember not turning it back on.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
For those unaware, always check the file names of Capn Beeb's pics.

PS where'd you get that gun?

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Also, if you're not paying too much attention to your load order, make sure that Lombard Station.esp is loaded before the DLC ones. Forwhatever reason the BOSS auto-load order thing likes making it load after the things that depend on it and it makes lombard station wonky.

That 590 that beeb posted is so great, by the way.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Fargin Icehole posted:

I wanted to give the Armory a shot, and the OP stated that it needed that combat animations mod. Wierd though, that the versions I see in the nexus are the pistol and rifle separately, AND I can't seem to have both activated at the same time.

Or I have it installed wrong because the animations don't have additional install instructions, and as such, the Armory doesn't get installed properly.

Gopher made a fomod script to install Weapon animation replacers for you. Use that.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
So now, F:NV only crashes randomly on exit, which I'm pretty cool with. I've only had one actual interrupting crash so far, so I think i'm fairly good on the stability front. Is there a fix/tweak/etc for the audio stutters when transitioning between cells? If the load times are sufficiently short enough (generally quick enough to not bring up a loading screen/roulette wheel, the audio will stutter a couple of times. It's not a big a deal, and is actually pretty fitting on Existence 2.0, so it doesn't really bother me, but I wouldn't mind fixing it. If it's just a thing I gotta deal with, I will.

Secondly, I think there's a sort of weird conflict between Weapon Animation Replacers and Project Nevada. Whenever I try to aim a Wattz Laser Rifle, the gun doesn't change from the idle stance, leaving me zooming into a block of laser and trying to hit stuff. The third person version works fine, it's the first person one that's being dumb. I'll take a screenshot tomorrow when I can.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Anyway, yeah, it looks weapons that don't have default iron sights don't like the way that WAR changes the first person angles for holding guns. Is there any easy way to give these guns iron sights (even non functional ones)?

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
I found it. There's are two boxes you can check to disable it for first/third person. I unchecked it on the laser rifle and it's thoroughly unfucked. I don't know why PN has it checked. Their laser rifle has red-dot sight on it. I made a little .esp to fix the problem for me. Now I can use that sweet loving laser rifle. I love the Wattz versions over the vanilla laser guns. so much cooler.

The box doesn't prevent the gun from being raised up, it prevents the animation that would align the sights and stuff for you. The camera still zooms in though, so when you aim it zooms in on the model of the gun that isn't changing.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Drake Lake posted:

Posted this last night, and just following myself up. Seems like it only happens with any sort of Ranger combat armor, but it is easily fixed by equipping any power armor (which also changes the pose, but at least for those armors, it makes sense, as the armor is quite bulky). As far as I know, the only animation mods I'm using are the rifle and pistol ones linked in the OP, but at this point, I can deal with it.

Did you install any of the optional third person ones? Because if you didn't use the ones from the Default folder it changes the stances. Should be changed all the time though.

EDIT: Also if it's acting weird (And to whomever was having issues installing it), I really recommend using Gopher's FOMOD Script thing for Weapon Animation Replacers. It might also be worth adding to the OP.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

SquadronROE posted:

nvse not working

NVSE shouldn't be in your data directory. It should be one level higher, in you 'fallout new vegas' directory.

Also, is there a mod that makes the crafting UI a whole lot less lovely. I'm trying to break down a bunch of shittier ammo I don't need into useful ammo and the game is being really unhelpful about it

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
If I remember correctly, the universes diverged when the fallout one didn't invent the transistor. There's a page on the fallout wikia though that's got all that info.

Additionally, Ace, you may want to disable AND deactivate/uninstall all of your mods and then revalidate your local files with steam to see if anything got corrupted or something. Then reactivate a few mods, enable them and launch after five or six mods. Maybe less if you're enabling stuff that does massive changes.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

SquadronROE posted:

Looks like it was caused by a missing file, a .dll, for NVSE.

Thanks for the help! I have to admit, these mods are making the game a whole lot more challenging! Also fun!

Yup! NVSE allows a lot of cool stuff, too, like bits of Project Nevada and the Advanced Recon Tech. I think (but am not sure) that Gopher's HUD mods use it too? And those own bones.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Gyshall posted:

Most any mod worth having uses NVSE - DUI, Project Nevada, Manual Reload, MCM et el.

Select Fire, too. I'm fond of that one. Good player homes like Lombard Station use it too, for the sorting scripts and weapon wall stuff.

Question time: Does Roleplay start gently caress with the game overmuch? Is it easy to remove? I'm real tired of starting in Goodsprings on Doc Mitchell's bed, but I can only imagine that it'd really gently caress with the main story, like.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Beaumont posted:

You still get the main quest and everything and can complete it, don't worry about that. I've just recovered the Platinum Chip and given it to House. However, I'm not 100% sure if it assigns you to a member of the faction you start nearby, as I've only ever started in Freeside (which is neutral). I doubt it will, but I'm worried it might permanently flag you as a member of the NCR meaning the Legion is automatically hostile, etc.

While that doesn't sound pleasant, it does sound like it can be fixed with some console fuckery. Whatever, I'll give it a whirl.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Upmarket Mango posted:

Is it just me or is the GECK really crash happy when editing NPC appearances? I had the perfect Ranger Jackson made and all I had left that I wanted to do was lighten his hair color just a tiny bit. NOPE. Crash. Goddammit.

I was given to the understand that it crashed about as often as new vegas did: regularly, whenever it felt like it.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
I've used both recently, and vastly prefer SSL. EC still has a bunch of NPC's and poo poo laying around. They are a bit denser in EC than SSL, though, if that affects you. I kinda prefer the less.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

mlmp08 posted:

I finally got Lombard Station, which looks amazing, but the ammo shelves don't populate any of the ammo I put in the crates. Is there a common fix for this? The only mods other than DLC I'm running which could affect ammo are maybe WME and Gtab's Improved Ammo TFR Master.

Gtab's mod won't gently caress with the scripts in Lombard, though check your inventory for Hull plastic and brass when you're done messing with ammo. Two things: Use the clipboard on the desk, there's a button on it that does it. it's not automatic.

Two, make sure that Lombard Station.esp is above all the others. For whatever reason, when FOMM likes putting it on the bottom when you first install it/auto sort it. It won't cause a crash but it makes it behave strangely and breaks all the scripts in my experience.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Naky posted:

So who I gotta kill to make an Armory supported version of Lombard Station? Omnicarus is too busy it seems. You'll get support from us in terms of any custom mesh hacks you need to make the job easier or better... :keke:

(worth a shot eh?)

Who do I have to kill for a Project Neveda patch and/or CFW patch. And one for Gtab's ammo master. I might actually try to figure out the scripting thing just for that.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

The King of Swag posted:

I know just enough about modding Gamebryo engine games to be dangerous; I might give it a whirl and try removing anything that "doesn't belong".

To be fair, fallout has always been very weird about guns. It wasn't until Fallout Tactics that the games even had an AK-47 and even then there were... oddities. Fallout 2 had the L86 in it, and no AR-15 pattern things. Alternate Timeline and stuff, y'know? Look at the listings for Classic Fallout Weapons, which are all guns from Fallout 1/2 And Tactics. Look at the calibers. Look at the M14 in .303

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
I think it's less a matter of auto aim and more a matter of your character's skills.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Timeless Appeal posted:

There are a few. I am partial to this one.

I know that there is one that is a little more subtle to the point where the scar is barely noticeable.

EDIT: Is there, by any chance, a mod that turns other play homes into clubhouses that you can send your companions to?

I think there weas one posted a little while ago. Check back a few pages. If i remember, it adds a dialog to companions that allows you to change where 'home' is. (Where you are or the Lucky 38).

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

Anyone know why I can't get the .45 Auto pistol to use the 10mm reload animation? I've set the .45 to use the same firing group and reload animation type of the 10mm, but no change occurs in game.

I just like to slingshot the slide is all. :shobon:

If you figure this out let me know. Wanna get in on that.

Is there a version of Delay that has less stupid rules? I'd like not getting bombarded with stuff when I start a new game but I'd much, much, much prefer to be able to go and do the DLC whenever a feel like it and not have to listen to the radio messages and poo poo. Like just go into my inventory, activate a thing and choose to 'activate' a DLC.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

victrix posted:

Give this a try: http://gwr.orekaria.com/

It doesn't work with every game, but worth a shot

edit: Query of my own - I'm using DarnUI and One HUD, is there some way to fix the hp/ap (the lower left/lower right hud elements) to properly fade out? I'd love to have a hud free screen, but either I did something wrong, or darn isn't cooperating due to not being updated.

Install uHUD, if you haven't already, and tweak the settings in MCM. AP/HP both have conditions that can make them appear and you may be triggering those.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Ernie Muppari posted:

Similar question about uHUD plus MCM here, but about the grenade icon that comes with the base Project Nevada package: Is there any setting in MCM that I'm missing that changes what triggers it to appear and/or how long it stays on screen? I really like the theoretical utility of the grenade hotkey (even if I'm not the biggest explosives person) but it bugs me that so long as it's enabled and I have throwing weapons in my inventory, I get a big fat icon just floating next to where my HP/AP bars would be if they were visible outside of combat.

Check around under the ihud/ohud/ahud/etc options in MCM. You should be able to limit it to appear only in combat. Also, if the hud things are too big, use darnUI (aka darnifiedUI(it's in the OP)). It shrinks most stuff and makes the menus, much, much, much more navigable.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Rirse posted:

I haven't messed with New Vegas in a while (been playing Skyrim), but was going to link the Requiem for a Capital Wasteland mod over in the Steam thread since all the games are on sale, but I just noticed the mod is private and I guess somehow Bethesda got pissed about it? When did this happen and did anyone managed to get a copy before it happened.

Wonder if that spinoff mod got hit by the same problem (or they alerted bethesda).

Scroll up and check the last few pages.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

The Sweetling posted:

There was a mod I used a while back that expanded ammo crafting to let you break down lead pipes-> lead, dino toys-> plastic etc. which then allows you to craft shotgun hulls, and cases and basically any ammo from scratch. Does anyone recall the name by any chance?

I don't know which mod you were using, but GtabsImprovedAmmoTFRMaster.esm does that. Check around here/the tfr video game thread for a link. SOmebody posted it a little while ago in there.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

The Sweetling posted:

Found a link, thanks!

the only downside is that if you use any player homes/etc to sort/manage your gear, Hull Plastic and Brass won't get auto sorted. But it's made up for by the fact that you can basically go anywhere and turn whatever ammo you find into the ammo use.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Anything in the OP is worth trying. I prefer DarnUI + oHud + uHud. (uHud is basically a big a patch thing to make a bunch of UI mods play nice with each other. It /may/ work with MTUI but i dunno off hand.)

Other than that, I'd just go to the OP and dig up some stuff on various mods. Don't rely on the Nexus for information, since you're not allowed to post anything negative there, ever.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

Put FalloutNV.esm at the top.

Is there a mod for the reloading bench that doesn't close it each time I make/break down an item? I've got a lot of poo poo that needs to be turned into tasty .45 Super and god drat is it annoying having to open it every time.

Let me know if you find anything for this. A less lovely crafting interface would be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
So I just go into OWB kinda early (Level two or three) and goddamn if everything isn't so loving bullet spongey and generally resistant to damage. Is there something recommend to make things less stupid like this in here?