Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Colon Semicolon posted:

the idea was more that it was a revolver that held energy caplets more than anything. but in the end it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense that way. on that train of thought, I took the time to draw over the render and get a better idea in mind based on what everyone said.

now it's just straight up energy weapon. there's more damaged parts and panels taken off for maintenance, moved the cylinder to face straight back, and had the handle is a replacement for what might have originally been there. also standard microfusion cell instead of trying to have the weird revolver ammo set up.

that a bit better?

I really like the bolted on, not original handle. Almost makes you wonder if it wasn't originally a tool or part of some larger machine and it got fitted over the years to melt faces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

SpookyLizard posted:

The directions for lombard station are in the goddamned readme file.

Read the goddamned readme, people.

How do you expect anyone to know to read a file called readme? That's just bonkers.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

Enhanced Shaders never had it though :shobon: Also yeah I'm trying to get scenes where it's naturally lit with minimal contrast:

(lol a ranger with a Vintorez, ok buddy good luck finding 9x39 :v:)

What outfit is that? it's boss!

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Mortimer posted:

It equips the cigar as a weapon or something because that's the cursor

the answer is no

Left is Not Right

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Chronojam posted:

Always use CASM and that mod that lets you right-click a vendor to start trading, plus the one that sorts your items by condition in the UI.

Those mods would be...? You can't just drop poo poo like that and not spill the beans, man

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Zealot4223 posted:

So he doesn't make them match the voice actor (as in making them physically look like the voice actor). He just makes generalized designs based on the voices. So if a guy "sounds" black, ie. Tyrone or Mister Holdout he makes them black. And if he sounds white, i.e Astor, Dawes (voiced by Jesse Burch and Ari Rubin (both white guys)) he makes them white. So he isn't making them look like the character itself but he changes the face to match the voice. Now...that being said, the mod is being stereotypical because it's assuming that all white people sound like x and all black people sound like y. but I have to admit that if I never played the game, the voices fit better the other way around. Mister holdout and Don Hostelter were pretty f-ing horribly mismatched.

Here's a video showing the voice stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYlWv1IUrBU

@Mr.Crow

Thanks!

I personally think saying 'being stereotypical' is sugar coating 'that's pretty loving racist', but regardless of that it is honestly the most asinine change one could possibly make second only to carefully rendering the word 'SLUT' on every other dead woman.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Woolie Wool posted:

Nuclear powered equipment is in an entirely different league of sophistication from a machine gun or bicycle. A nuclear powered vehicle would require an entity like the NCR government to maintain it, and I doubt they would make such an investment for civilians' sake. It would be a military vehicle.

Or Smitty can just fix you up an old Highwayman and you can power it off MFCs like The Chosen One did 40 years before NV

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

I would seriously pay one of the talented weapon makers we have for a Reaper DMR from Planetside 2 or the Lawbringer MK II from Dredd

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Bogart posted:

oh god please tell me you dont need to use the nexus anymore because this login process is loving absurd.

e: oh man Existence radio it has been too long :allears:

This works for NV?

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Lazy_Liberal posted:

Yeah, I unloaded 300+ rounds from a light machine gun into some super mutant and ended up having to slowly whittle him down with a Chinese officer's sword to kill him. Thanks, TTW.

Also anybody know a good alternative to fast travel for TTW? I'll be damned if I'm gonna go through 8 subways to drop my stuff off at megaton.

I just use coc MegatonPlayerHouse

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

m2pt5 posted:

I'm pretty sure there's a few variables that are supposed to get set when you switch wastelands, and doing it via coc doesn't set those so things can get messed up.

Well, I coc right back to the Mojave so...

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

ENB settings universally look like garbage to me, I don't understand the appeal of them in the slightest.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Unusable is a hefty exaggeration, and disabling the internal vsync is a double-edged sword. I hope you like poo poo flying at you off shelves at mach 5

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

Off the top of my head:
Gomorrah hooks their prostitutes on chems to make them compliant. At least one was murdered and the Omertas covered it up.
Cook Cook raped at least two characters (Betsy and Pretty Sarah) and ate a child.
Dermot and Saint James sold a family to Cook Cook and Saint James is implied to be a pedophile.
Siri warns female couriers that the Legionaries want to "try you out."
Jimmy was a Legion sex slave.

Honestly the prostitutes you hire in Wang Dang Atomic Tango are at least willing to work and goofy. The other stuff is treated pretty seriously and I dont think anyone would treat Saint James as a comic character.

Yeah, that none of the above is treated like wank material is a very important distinction

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Having watched a good 12 hours of someone attempting to play this gd mod, it taking a bullet to the head is a loving mercy

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Magmarashi posted:

Having watched a good 12 hours of someone attempting to play this gd mod, it taking a bullet to the head is a loving mercy

The amount of times in this loving thing that you do something, and the game acknowledges you did it, and NPCs acknowledge you did it, and then it turns around and acts like YOU DIDN'T is astounding.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

OldMemes posted:

I just rewatched his apology, and he owns to that being a lovely thing to do. Apparently he realized what a horrible thing to do that was, deleted it, and has felt remorseful and tried to be a better person since, leaving the toxic masculinity behind. Seems like it was a turning point, and he's tried to do better since, so benefit of the doubt, if he sticks to it.

His Fallout 76 content is good, because it means you don't have to play Fallout 76.

No one is allowed to learn or grow or better themselves and I thank gently caress my teens and mid 20s weren't broadcast for all to see on social media or youtube

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Homeless Friend posted:

I was gonna say you could probably do enclave content somewhat interestingly in like a very early post apocalypse setting to be free from 1-3. but apparently thats what fallout 76 covers lol. so they hctually beat you to the punch already.

They also turbofucked themselves from the word go and imploded faster than any other Enclave group

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Taerkar posted:

Oh it's even worse than that.

They're the source of the scorched

Well, yes. A major running theme of 76 is that Things Were hosed Bad and the bombs dropping only accelerated problems that were already growing

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

I've never quite understood why, of all the things, people blame gamebryo for the faces looking that way

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Whatever the case, I'm sure it's ultimately because of a conspiracy by Bethesda to get one over on Obsidian for very unclear reasons

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

Yeah, when it comes down to a choice between interesting quests and well-written stories, and making engine faces look better, I'll take the former every time.

Then again I'm easy to please with graphics.

Honestly yeah, the only face things in 3 and NV that really bother me are player faces, which are a loving struggle to make look ok

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Gaius Marius posted:

Anybody got any ideas for a challenge run of NV. So far I got

JSawyer
No fast travel except between cities/Towns
Hard mode
Hardcore mode
Double Hardcore needs
1 in every SPECIAL
10% Exp gain
No Magazines
No quicksave/reload
No Backing out of Dialogue
No waiting
Only sleep in owned beds
No companions except for quest triggers

I watched the Worst courier vid and thought it was interesting but I think we can take it farther.

When you run out of ammo you switch to a new gun. You can't get rid of old guns or use them if you get more ammo, you have to find a new one.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Acerbatus posted:

All I can say is why. Why do you keep doing this?

Who gives a gently caress

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Chronojam posted:

Threads full of resources are less useful when people just make things up, though

Yes it's quite a sad day that we might have some small misinformation about the White CJ for San Andreas mod here in this, the Fallout: New Vegas Modding Thread. I am sure everyone who comes to this thread looking for details on a racist mod from a completely different game will be glad we spent the time to clear that up and call the person who posted about it names.

Is there anything to be done about the weird...I'd call it animation, but that might be incorrect, lag when firing an automatic weapon?

Magmarashi fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Feb 12, 2021

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

MariusLecter posted:

Automatic Weapons Fix - Minigun-Gatling-Chainsaw and more?
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/63107

No the thing where you press to fire and it seems like it has to play the animation for the recoil from a shot before it then starts to fire

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

PinheadSlim posted:

It's actually really bad so far, and all I've done is walk into the store and talk to the guy behind the counter named "Morgan" who asks me to find his buddy Arthur.

The NPC is fully voiced, but every line is full of lipsmacking and sounds kinda lovely, but what's much worse is what this dork has to say. First I asked him what he sold, and he calls me the hard R-word. Then I ask him to tell me about himself, which was a very big mistake.

He claims to have come from a small town in Florida where he lived with his merchant parents, and apparently his dad was abusive towards him and his mother. So one day Morgan kills his dad and takes all of his merchant profits to gently caress off and open a hotel. That's seriously his goal. For some reason he gets in a boat and just sails west until he gets to Texas, which he claims is filled with inbred hicks and nothing else. He refers to as "The Lone Chromosome State" before moving on. He then just starts heading West until he hits the Legion, who apparently tried to kill him on sight for some reason. He narrowly avoids them and keeps travelling eventually hearing about New Vegas (Literally just now. Why would he want to travel West to open a hotel if he didn't even know New Vegas or the NCR existed????), so he decides to head there. By the time he's gotten to Vegas he has spent most of his fathers fortune on "Chems, Liquor, and (Unkind name for sex-workers)" so cannot afford to open his dream hotel. Instead he is able to buy some bulk food off of the Crimson Caravan for a good deal (Impressive considering the food shortage), and for literally no reason at all calls Alice McLafferty the c-word. After she gave him a good price for the food. Wtf.

When asked about the NCR he says they're okay, but that he's into "personal liberty" way more and talks about how in an ideal world New Vegas would be completely independent. When asked how he feels about the Legion, he says he feels that anyone following them has an extremely low IQ and deserves to be killed "in the most spectacular fashion imaginable"

I am exactly two minutes and one conversation into this mod.

Oh and I forgot, the item he has the most of in his shops inventory is dog meat? Nine pieces of it lol.

So Nexus' next hot mod then

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

So I am having a really weird issue with NVSE suddenly

I did a fresh install, genned my ini files, tossed NVSE in and started up the game to make sure poo poo worked and...NVSE just opens a small window in the corner with a black screen and does nothing at all. Game starts up fine through vanilla methods, it's just NVSE doing this.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Nobody Interesting posted:

Have you run the 4GB patcher? It does stuff, things, and stuff to make sure the game always launches with NVSE and large address awareness. I had a similar issue to yours until I ran that. Might help, might not.

Sadly did not help

Restarting my computer made it behave so who loving knows lol

Magmarashi fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Feb 17, 2021

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Internet Wizard posted:

New California :psyduck:

I'm playing this right now and hoo boy is it a thing

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

FrancisFukyomama posted:

Wasn’t that mod as creepy as the frontier it just didn’t get any press for it at the time? I remember that a girl sexts you using the vault internet and also the writing being fallout 3 tier

There is certainly a lot of weird sexual insults and teenager levels of 'this is what ADULTS talk like!', I def wouldn't compliment this mod enough to say it reached FO3 levels

The biggest issue I really have with it is it assumes you've done a ton of leg work on background poo poo even when you haven't. Which leads to poo poo like..Go to this cave and fix the water supply line, ok cool but you get there and talk to the NPC on site and have an option to start babbling about FEV in the water supply

Magmarashi fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Aug 16, 2021

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

PinheadSlim posted:

I like the way OWB sucks. It's like it was made to torture people who play sneaky snipers and considering how easy that build makes the rest of the game I think it's a good thing.

That's weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Max Wilco posted:

What was wrong with New California?

Well, the term 'cum dumpster' is tossed out at one point so that should clue you in to the level of writing you're getting to experience