Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

I found two explosive shotgun ammo mods on the nexus but neither of them worked. Is there anyone that works or would it be difficult to make one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Raygereio posted:

Wouldn't be difficult at all. Here's an example I cobbled together. You'll probably want to ticker with the damage and range of the explosion though. Throwing booms around at shotgun-range will result in a lot of broken limbs.

Thanks. I'll look into it!

watho
Aug 2, 2013

:stare:

That's beautiful.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I'm really terrible at the whole modding thing. How the hell do I get merchants to sell my item. I managed to get it to their inventory once but not to get it to respawn. :sigh:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Raygereio posted:

Make a new Leveled Item list and add your item to it. Under count list how many of the item you want the merchant to have in stock. Under level, list at what player level the item needs to start appearing. If you want all of your entries in the leveld list to appear in the merchant's inventor instead of a random selection, have "Use All" selected and don't put anything under "Chance None".
Once you've done that, open the container list and filter with "VendorContainer". Find the container of the merchant you want to add the item to and add your newly made Leveled Item list under "Item List".
Done! The items should show up in the merchant's inventory it's reset.

There are some better ways in terms of compatabiilty like adding your items to an existing leveled item list via script, or making a completely new container. But if you're just making a mod for your own use, that's probably not something you need to bother with.

That's probably the easiest way to do it but I'd rather not change the original files at all. My main problem is that I never know if the scripts fail or just don't plain run at all.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Hobo on Fire posted:

Signature weapons and armor mods work just fine with 3rd party weapons; they only thing is it might not account for "unique" versions of a weapon. For example, Signature weapons was written to "know" that Maria is a 9mm pistol. It won't know that Millenia's "Really Terrible Shotgun" is meant as a unique version of his Combat Shotgun.

Does that mean that if you set a weapon as your signature, it works with unique versions?

Also completely unrelated question, is there a mod that makes the big boomer purchasable? :v:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Now, for some reason this explosive shotgun ammo I'm working on seems to prevent me from using GRA shotgun ammo. Does anyone know what might cause this and how to prevent it?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Antistar01 posted:

If you edited the 12ga ammo formlist to include your new ammo, that will make it override GRA (which does the same thing to add its new 12ga ammo).

You can add GRA as a master to your mod and fix this manually, or just create an automatic merged patch using FNVEdit (which is normally a really good idea to do anyway).

Well, I did the merged patch thing and it fixed a whole bunch of problems that I had no idea that I had. Not the 12Ga. ammo one though.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I'm making some good progress on the explosive shotgun ammo, there's just a.... slight problem with the basic 20Ga. one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70p6mzA966M

watho
Aug 2, 2013

It is only shooting one projectile. That's the weird thing.

Edit: Well, it's shooting a bunch of them but it is set to only shoot one.

watho fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jul 18, 2014

watho
Aug 2, 2013

SplitSoul posted:

Now make them Fat Man explosions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCHKBNW9ZkA

:getin:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Agents are GO! posted:

Oh god yes. My one regret with dumping TTW is that I didn't bother trying to load the MIRV with tiny tots.

Looks like the main thing you nuked (takes off sunglasses) was your framerate.

YEEEEEAAAAAAAH!

(Anyhow, upload that ESP. I gotta try this.)

I definitely lost all my progress on this mod when trying to upload it. :downs:

watho fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jul 18, 2014

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I tried installing Onix ENB but it kind of looks like crap. Don't think I set it up properly. Could someone provide a detailed guide with pictures or something because I'm apparently too :downs: to figure this out.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I'm pretty sure that the antialiasing doesn't work for me.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Is the bounty hunting mod good? I recall it being voice acted and that's a huge red flag for me.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Mortimer posted:

I want a mod that puts the morrowind dialogue box in so I only have to read crappy writing, not listen to even worse dialogue. The fact that these games are switching to 100% voice acted dialogues only makes quest mods that much harder to pull off.
:agreed:

I think that ye olden fallouts had a really nice balance of VA and non-VA stuff but my glasses are really tinted with rose.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I need that skull head thing. How do I get it?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

That skull is amazing!
:laffo:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I'm thinking about giving the first recon beret bonus to some other headgear since it's way too good and I'm getting tired of seeing it…

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Capn Beeb posted:

Yeah I couldn't remember if it was normals or spec maps, I just know I usually lower the overall brightness on the texture files ending with _m :v:

Completely unrelated but I now get your avatar and user title and I approve greatly.

Also, is realistic wasteland lighting or whatever it's called always insanely dark at night? I like how it looks during the day but I can't see anything during the night.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

OH NO MAN posted:

RWL also has an optional esp for brighter nights, although that might make them too bright for your liking. I like to be able to see where I'm going even if it's not completely realistic or immersive, so I don't mind that, but your mileage may vary.

I actually think that I'm using that esp… I'll have to look into this when I get my computer back.

(I really approve of your av as well!)

watho
Aug 2, 2013

My biggest recommendation is not installing NVR3. :v:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Is there a mod that makes damage numbers pop into the air when damaging enemies kinda like in Botderlands or would it be hard to make?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Seashell Salesman posted:

I investigated this a while back and I don't think there's any efficient or even accurate way to implement it. The only callbacks you can get in scripts are for people getting hit (only gives attacker and target, not damage) and people getting killed (also only gives attacker and target).

Even if you wanted to monitor everyone's health (say, just enemies within some range), their visible health at any given time is interpolated between what it was last tick and what it should be, so I don't think you could even get an accurate idea of damage dealt by comparing health values.

If you were willing to drill deep into how you can hook into the engine using native code, like NVSE does, then maybe you could work something out.

I don't care too much about accuracy, just want to see numbers flying everywhere but it does seem like a bit too much work for what it's worth.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I can't imagine Obsidian wanting to ever work with Bethesda again since Beth almost bankrupted them last time.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Has any really cool mods happened in the last year? I was out of the country with a garbage laptop, and really busy for all of it so I didn't really check this thread at all.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Downloaded quick loot, it's pretty neat! I was going to write that I hope all good ideas from 4 gets back ported to NV but there really aren't that many. gently caress, that game was bad.

Also, to no-ones surprise, that nv2 leak was a hoax
http://kotaku.com/why-a-fake-fallou...dium=Socialflow

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I'm having an issue where FNVedit doesn't seem to get my current active plugin list

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Raygereio posted:

Are you using MO? If so, you'll need to boot FNVEdit and pretty much any other tool through MO just like the game.
Is the problem that FNVEdit can't find your installation, then try booting the Launcher once (just start the normally game through steam once if you don't want that is).

I am using mo but whenever I try to add FNVedit to MO nothing happens. I put in all the required info but when I press 'add' nothing happens.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I partially find it more fun to get the mods running together than actually playing at this point.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Bogart posted:

Yeah, but Cass can eat my whole rear end. Only companion who cares about my karma. I was stealing from Silver Rush, you dip. What do you care?

Have you considered the fact that Cass is the best?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

That sounds like an awful idea but I kinda really hate energy weapons in general

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I once juggled a deathclaw by twirling around with the knock knock twice. The second attack teleported me to where it was landing and I hit it up in the air before it hit the ground.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Has anyone managed to get supplementary uniques to work? It seems like an enourmous pain to get working but it seems really neat

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Does anybody have the mod and/or the video of the mod that changes Johnny Guitar to Mr. New Vegas turning it off after a few seconds and exclaiming "gently caress Johnny Guitar"?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Someone make a mod to let you pet ED-E

watho
Aug 2, 2013

the problem with total conversion mods for fallout games is that the people who can write a good and satisfying script for one could do that for a living instead so you’ll end up with fanfic grade dialogue and narratives

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I mean “i don’t want my work to be monetized and there’s currently no way to opt out here” is a very valid reason to make your stuff private until it changes :shrug:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I’m reading up on it and apparently it can only grab mods from nexus if you have a premium account which is not great, and the fact that you can’t opt out also isn’t

Even if the guy is a whiny pissbaby which might be true I have no idea, the general agreement with mod packs is always do it with permission, never require spending money to get it, and make sure everything works well together

sorry if I’m not making any sense dealing with withdrawal from my SSRIs now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Agents are GO! posted:

I think the deal is that, no, not everybody agrees to that, and I say that as a mod author. gently caress these whiny little pissbabies, and good loving riddance.

I mean “most people agree that you should ask for permission before you use someone else’s stuff” should not make you this mad

like whenever I put something out i tend to make it public domain but I still respect that other people generally want you to ask before you use what they’ve made in something else