Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

So I finally got around to playing Beyond Boulder Dome:

God drat those Chinese ghouls are offensive charicatures. :stare:

Also, it took me a while, but I finally figured out what BBD feels like: Fallout 3.

It's not godawful and terrible, but I have felt the urge to say gently caress it and coc Goodsprings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Mycroft Holmes posted:

No, I'm in a mod area. I got the Boulder Dome mod and it keeps crashing so I just want to write down where I am so I can go back whenever it's fixed.

Do what I did, grab the new vegas cheat terminal mod and use the mark and recall function.

Edit: also, BBD doesn't get better.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

LividLiquid posted:

I know it's cheating, but I seriously can't play through the game without the underwater hideout anymore. It's too awesome and the emergent game challenge of filling every slot on the weapons wall and dressing the mannequins in every faction's top armor is too much fun.

Lombard Station (in the OP) has most of the same stuff.

Anyhow, I had an idea for a mod, and I wanted to bounce it off you fine folks before I did it:

Old People Perks!

Anyhow, with various mods (Including SHaM in the OP) making the Middle-Age/Old Perks available, I was thinking of making some traits/perks that supported them. These are a few of my ideas, I was wondering if anyone else here had some:

I've Forgotten More Than You'll Ever Learn
All skills would be considered 5 higher for the purposes of dialogue checks.

Veteran Trooper/Veteran Legionarie
Would give a bonus to Guns (Trooper) or Melee (Legionarie) as well as faction rep at the start of the game, but endurance would be -1 due to old war wounds.

Shell-Shock
Not sure how I want this one to play, I was thinking something along the lines of MGS4 when you kill a bunch of soldiers you start having flashbacks and stuff.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

AnarkiJ posted:

This, also it makes sense as a trait more than a perk. Something that is both a bonus and a curse. It could also simply up combat skills by a predetermined amount, and drop social skills as a result of PTSD.

Yeah I noticed most of those would be traits rather than perks. Anyhow, I can't believe I left this one out:

Gettin' Too Old For This Crap
Would buff you when certain combat conditions were met (outnumbered, overmatched.)

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Frankosity posted:

With the Project Nevada SPECIAL boosts, are they equipment-based bonuses or do they count towards perk requirements as they did in vanilla New Vegas? If the former, does the Logic Co-Processor affect your skillpoints per level?

They count, just like vanilla. You get the skill points too.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Roar posted:

I was waiting for that to load and saw "Tim the" and was so excited that someone modded Tim the Toolman Taylor into the game.

Super sad now.

New gimmick run spotted.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

CJacobs posted:

If there are any mods out there to make explosives go off in your hand and guns suddenly break for no good reason in an old school RPG fumble/mishap sort of way, you know what you must do.

Lets not forget changing the "mod applied" sound from click-clack to the more-power grunt.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Okay, I'm having a weird glitch:

It's like this opaque fog, and I'm not sure whats causing it. Here's my load order:

Active Mod Files:
00 FalloutNV.esm
01 New Vegas Redesigned II.esm
02 DeadMoney.esm
03 HonestHearts.esm
04 OldWorldBlues.esm
05 LonesomeRoad.esm
06 GunRunnersArsenal.esm
07 ClassicPack.esm
08 MercenaryPack.esm
09 TribalPack.esm
0A CaravanPack.esm
0B Companion Core.esm
0C IWS-Core.esm [Version 1.9]
0D domecity.esm
0E Project Nevada - Core.esm
0F Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
10 Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm
11 RobCo Certified.esm
12 The.Armory.esm
13 CCO - Gameplay Changes.esm
14 CCO - Classic Perks.esm
15 DFB - Random Encounters.esm
16 STRobot-Core.esm
17 SpeedE Wheels Travel Systems.esm
18 CCO - Follower Tweaks.esm
19 oHUD.esm
1A Feng Shui NV.esp [Version 0.9.1e]
1B The Groovatron NV.esp
1C Glow Sticks.esp
1D SunnyCompanion.esp
1E New Vegas redesigned- Honest Hearts.esp
++ Voice dissonance fix.esp
++ NVR- Recommended.esp
1F LightUpAndSmokeThoseCigarettes_edisleado.esp
++ LightUpAndSmokeThoseCigarettes_edisleado_leveledlist.esp
++ lightupandsmokethosecigarettes_dm.esp
20 Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
21 Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
22 Factions Reloaded Legion 1dot6dot2.esp
23 LFox Sink Bug Fixes.esp
24 DarNifiedUINV.esp
25 CASM.esp
26 Centered 3rd Person Camera.esp
27 HUD Extended.esp
28 The Mod Configuration Menu.esp [Version 1.5]
29 Better Burned Man.esp
2A Lucky38MarkerV3.esp
2B CCO - Perk Rebalance.esp
2C CCO - Damage Resistance.esp
++ CCO - PR PN Patch.esp
2D CCO - DR PN Patch.esp
2E Project Nevada - Cyberware Additions.esp
2F Project Nevada - Rebalance Complete.esp
30 Project Nevada - All DLC.esp
31 CRL9K_ThisMachineSound.esp
32 outsidebets.esp
++ DFB - Random Encounters - Update - MCM.esp
33 GRA - The Right to Bear Arms.esp
34 IWS-Core-Patrols.esp [Version 1.9]
++ IWS-Core-Guards.esp [Version 1.9]
++ IWS-Core-Civilians.esp [Version 1.9]
++ IWS-DM.esp
++ IWS-HH.esp
++ IWS-OWB.esp
++ IWS-LR.esp
35 ArmourRepairKits.esp
36 GtabImprovedAmmo.esp
37 FO3WeaponsRestoration.esp
++ DeadMoneyFemaleTuxedo.esp
++ Roberts_NewVegas.esp
38 AllCompanionsEssential 2.0b.esp
39 RobCo Certified Friendly Hit Fixer.esp
3A Color Me Evil.esp
++ Ephemeral Ash and Goo Piles.esp
3B NVDLC04 Allegiance w Duster.esp
3C CCO - GC PN Rebalance Patch.esp
3D CCO - CP PN Patch.esp
3E CCO - CP OWB PN Patch.esp
3F Sink Vending Machine.esp
++ Ranger Armor Fix.esp
++ Riot Armor Fixes.esp
++ Desert Ranger Armor Fix.esp
40 Return To Sierra Madre.esp
41 SHaM.esp
42 QDMFollowers.esp
43 Lombard Station.esp
44 Lombard Station - Dead Money.esp
45 Lombard Station - Honest Hearts.esp
46 Lombard Station - Lonesome Road.esp
47 Lombard Station - Old World Blues.esp
48 Lombard Station - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
49 CCO - Companion Development.esp
++ CCO - Rex Fetch Add-on.esp
++ CCO - Raul Crafting Add-on.esp
4A CCO - Follower Weapon Auto-Repair.esp
++ CCO - Follower Sneak Attacks Add-on.esp
4B CCO - CP All DLC Patch.esp
4C CCO - Perk Rebalance - Old World Blues.esp
4D CCO - DR All DLC Patch.esp
++ CCO - Perk Rebalance - Lonesome Road.esp
++ CCO - Perk Rebalance - Honest Hearts.esp
4E CCO - Perk Rebalance - Dead Money.esp
4F CCO - FT All DLC Patch.esp
50 CCO - Ulysses Companion.esp
51 CCO - FT Ulysses Patch.esp
52 CCO - Ulysses Companion - All DLCs Patch.esp
53 The Low Profile Armor Mod.esp
54 The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp
++ The.Armory.Sample.Sounds.esp
++ The.Armory.Leveled.List.Dead.Money.Patch.esp
++ The.Armory.Leveled.List.Honest.Hearts.Patch.esp
55 The.Armory.Leveled.List.Lonesome.Road.Patch.esp
++ The.Armory.Leveled.List.Old.World.Blues.Patch.esp
++ The.Armory.HonestHearts.Patch.esp
56 Fellout.esp
57 STRobot-ChemImmunity.esp
58 STRobot-VoicePack.esp
59 STRobot-Companion.esp
5A Deadlast.esp
5B Kobu's New Game Quick Start and Better Rebuild.esp [Version 1.1.]

I also have a few texture replacers going.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Seashell Salesman posted:

Is the plot of Beyond Boulder Dome really terrible? I would normally assume that any mod with storyline is going to be pretty bad, but I'm curious to hear about this one.

Let me put it this way: It wouldn't feel out of place as a part of Fallout 3.

Edit: Plus it's pretty buggy and anecdotally, both playthroughs where I've had it installed have been way more crash prone, even in totally unrelated places.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Bleak and unnerving is harder to do. I think it only seems comedic cause its bad.

As I said, it wouldn't seem out of place as a bit of Fallout 3.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Project Nevada lets you cap your level too.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

I hope this works. I take no responsibility if it does not, only because I just bunged this in place for you in the previous ten minutes.

(In case you want to know how it's done, it really is just that easy - you just edit NVDLC03TraitLogansLoophole in the "Perks" category and set the level value to whatever cap you want to put in. I think. I hope. If this eats your computer and your dog, I will disavow all knowledge that I exist.)

And I swear I'll get back to working on Lombard Station soon - I had a slight hiccup with my pain meds, and I'm just now getting back into a maintenance dose. I've been brainless for the past week or so while I get re-acclimated to them.

Could I make two Lombard Station requests?
1: could you make a blank unscripted wall where I could hang custom guns using the Feng Shui mod?
2: could you add a warp to the lucky 38 suite? A dialog box on the Sink teleporter would be cool (maybe just add a similar one on the upgrade terminal in the Lucky 38 to return.)

Also: don't forget to add in the 12 gauge stocking bug fix. If you need that ESP I can post it when I get home.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

Yeah, it's just a modified JSawyer. If you re-download from the same link I put up earlier, it should be a slightly fixed version in which I actually remembered to change the description of the trait as well as the actual mechanics, which I just put up nowish.

Both of those will go on the back burner to-do list, after the existing rewrite, DLC compatibility patches, Millenia patch, and the Gtab patch this all started as.

I don't think I'm going to need the bugfix .esp, if only because I'm completely rewriting the way more or less everything works. What is the 12 Gauge stocking bug, though? I don't stock ammo, so I never noticed it.

If I recall correctly, basically the script had a bug: it would take 24 shells for each box it put on the shelf, but each box would only give you 12 shells, so you'd lose half your shells in the bargain.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Psion posted:

Apparently this is a widespread problem, there's some post about something-something Nexus file manager beta something something. I didn't read it too carefully but it's not just WMX.

Also - is there a way to export a player model? Like I have a character with a particular face/hair/build etc all that and while I could just use a level 1 save, is there a way I can export the character and then import it into another save somehow? That seems kind of ludicrously complicated, I know, but I'm just wondering if L1 saves are the only effective way to take a character from one build of NV with one set of mods into another.

I know Wrye Bash could do that in oblivion, but I'm not sure if Wrye Flash has the same feature. Check the saves tab, right-click on a save file.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Is there a mod like that adds IWS-like patrols to the game without IWS? IWS was making my game poo poo itself every time I headed to Fiend territory so I uninstalled it.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I am a child, and making this made me giggle.

Edit: Seriously considering adding this to the graffiti on the Desert Ranger gear from Honest Hearts. :D

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

The best example of that is when I killed my own chicken and the whole town and my Housecarl went hostile.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

pun pundit posted:

I would like the 25% speed increase on stealth for the OWB stealth suit to work (the wiki says that it doesn't, which jives with my experience). The simplest way I can think of doing this is to mod it to be light armour (but keep the rest of the stats the same), thus enabling Tunnel Runner. Thing is, I have no idea how to do that, and modding is pretty daunting. How would I go about doing this? Does having mods that change some items (Project Nevada in this case) matter?

This mod does that I think. the stealth suit is light armor in my current game, I think it also fixes the speed up function.

If it doesn't, the change you want is literally one checkbox in FNVEdit.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

pun pundit posted:

Thanks! If it doesn't work (or I have similar issues in future), where can I find good basic instructions in how to get started with FNVedit and other modding tools?

Actually I just found this which just fixes the effect not to be broken! :)

All I've learned I've just figured out by dicking around with the CK and FNVEdit. FNVEdit is generally easier for me to mess with, I've created a bunch of custom little things I keep in a patch called tweaker.esp: Some mass-ammo breakdown recipies, a few of the recipies copied out of jsawyer.esp, making Grim Reaper's Sprint work like in FO3 :getin:, that sort of thing.

(I Still dont know how to modify item placement and such with the CK, I'm too easily distracted to figure it out!)

I did make this though:

and this in Oblivion:

... I'm very immature. :)

EDIT: I should point out, as Rope Kid (the Lead Developer of FNV!) has mentioned, for all it's faults, the New Vegas engine is easy as poo poo to mod. Seriously, compared to all my (admittedly minor) dabbling in modding, I have very little trouble making stuff for New Vegas! Give it a try!

Edit to avoid Double Post: I just finished Lonesome Road, and I am very disappointed that doing so doesn't add a Commissary Terminal to Lombard Station. I might just have to learn how to place poo poo in the GECK now.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Oct 22, 2013

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Fereydun posted:

Boy I am glad you reminded me this existed because it's still pretty dang funny.

Here's the vid: :nws:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqvV8XLpZKA&t=4m17s:nws:

That is the funniest loving thing. Needs to be in the op if the Willow mod is there.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

pentyne posted:

Are there any good random encounter mods or anything that adds extra stuff? My mod loadout is

falloutnv.esm
caravanpack.esm
classicpack.esm
mercenarypack.esm
tribalpack.esm
deadmoney.esm
honesthearts.esm
oldworldblues.esm
lonesomeroad.esm
gunrunnersarsenal.esm
NVinteriors_core.esm
DFB -Random Enounters.esm
NevadaSkies.esm
NVWillow.esp
CASM.esm
PerkEveryLevel.esp
Rustyhwys.esp
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
EVE FNV - NO GRA.esp
EVE FNV - NO DLC.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
Crossbow.esp

and I haven't really noticed much of a difference from when I played New Vegas on the console a year or 2 ago. As for the DFB Random Encounters the only thing that seems like it might've been a random encounter was when I got jumped by 2 veteran fiends at level 5 outside of Novac.

Sidenote: Is there a good mod to make you move faster?

Increased Wasteland Spawns?

Also, Project Nevada lets you alter movement speed. I think its part of the rebalance module.

Edit: it would also negate the need for PerkEveryLevel, as it includes that option too.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Nov 4, 2013

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Death by Cranes posted:

Hi guys - I need your insight into the modding world.

I have out in Project Nevada and some few other mods, and then NV won't load my games. Mostly it goes to "Not responding" when loading quicksaves, but sometimes it will load autosaves. Really weird behaviour.

Also: I just put in Darnified UI, but it looks like it's cancelling out Project Nevada. Why is that?

I hope you can help.

For the first: that's a common problem, try starting a new game, then as soon as you see doc Mitchell's ceiling fan, going to the menu and loading your save.

Also, grab CASM. Seriously, the vanilla quick save WILL corrupt your save file. Get CASM.

Secondly, grab the uHud mod for use with FOMM. It's designed to make things like DarnUI and PN work together.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

This is technically not a modding question, but closely related:

How do I use 7zip to store path information for files?

I want to create a zip file, like most of the ones here, that when unpacked into the data directory puts everything into the correct subdirectory. I don't seem to know how to do this anymore. I could do it back in the days of pkzip but apparently that information has evaporated. Thanks!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Kiggles posted:

Just put everything in the folders you can and zip up the containing folder. So if you have a mod with a bunch of textures, you make "data/textures/....", and select the "data" directory to zip. That will pack everything else below it, directory structure included.

What if I only wanted to package 3 of the files in those subdirectories, but wanted to make sure they went to the right places when it was unpacked? Make the zip then delete the extra poo poo?

(This is actually a little fix for the MGSO, I figured out how to repair some of the NIFs with missing textures, I just want to include those NIFs I fixed and not all the rest, but I was the last poster in the Morrowind thread and I don't want to double post to ask there...)

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Kiggles posted:

Simulate the folder structure. When I said "data/textutes/etc" I don't mean trying to zip the actual install folder/files. I mean: make a directory on your desktop, name it data. In there, make a folder and name it textures (or whatever you need). Repeat until you have simulated the necessary directory structure, and make a copy of the files you want and place in their appropriate folders within our little simulated hierarchy. Finally, zip up the data directory that sits on your desktop.

Great minds think alike. I just did this. Thanks for your help!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

radlum posted:

I installed DarnUI and when I installed MCM, FOMM asked me to overwrite the startmenu.xml for DarnUI; I did and now I got a message about DarnUI not working correctly. Is this usual? Should I just rename the file?

use uHud to make it all work.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Ddraig posted:

I think Robco Certified may just be the best New Vegas mod. It's so well done and thought out. It also makes it somewhat viable to not focus on combat skills that much, as you can have a robot army to do your bidding.

Just built a Securitron in OWB and upgraded him to Mk II. Now it's me and my giant robot buddy reclaiming science for ourselves.

I loved RobCo Certified so much that the first Skyrim mod I installed was Dwemer Certified. :)

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

On the subject of Beyond Boulder Dome, I feel it sort of like some super long Grateful Dead guitar solo; yes, I get it, you've got massive technical competence; loving end already.

I did like the bit with the super-smart monkey in the "supercomputer".

Amusingly to me, I checked out the BBD teams Skyrim project: Apparently, it hit a snag because they were going to do Solstheim 4E. Then Dragonborn was announced. Whoops. They salvaged a lot of it and are making something set in high rock now.

Also, according to the prerelease info, the plot had something to do with a strange disease again. Wonder if their writers have an epidemiology fetish or something.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Gyshall posted:

I'm reinstalling Fallout 3 for a modded run after not being too happy after basically wanting to play a Fallout Wanderer's Edition game with Mart's Mutant Mod, something that Tale of Two Wastelands can't replicate (yet.)

Got the usual staples, but anything big happen with Fallout 3 modding in the past two years or so? Not interested in quest mods and what not, since unlike most Goons I don't subject myself to lovely mod added quest content :smuggo:

Just lovely vanilla FO3 content. :smug:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Nobody Interesting posted:

The thing is, when I installed Roberts body patch for Spice of Life, I didn't pick nude bodies...

At least he's giving us a thumbs up tho

Caesar does not approve of toilet paper

Yeah I actually came back to warn you: if you use a body replacer, you have a nonzero chance for VATS dicks, especially in OWB and HH. :(

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Fereydun posted:

The phrase "VATS dicks" without being related to groin shots is truly sorely disappointing.

It sort of is, just a different kind of "groin shot."

The thing is, if there was a dick present (because the person who ported the armor to Roberts used the nude version as the base) VATS seemed to want to put that dick front and goddamn center on my screen, both in targeting and killcam.

The Lobotomite and White Legs armors were really bad for this.

"VATS loves the D" is what I'm getting at.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Nobody Interesting posted:

Poop. I did find a Nexus forum post where some guy said he was working on adjusting the znear values in some meshes to try and mitigate the effect but nothing seems to have come of it in the end. Very annoying.

Oh well. It's not like it's the end of the world, eh?

Actually, it was!

Unless that's :thejoke:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Antistar01 posted:

If you're asking what I think you're asking, well I'm not sure about FNVEdit off the top of my head, but the GECK has search and replace.

Im pretty sure there's a script to do that packed with FNVEdit.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Basically this. It also makes a number of dumb miscellaneous gender changes on random NCR grunts and OWB drone enemies (?!?!?) and adds ownership to basically everything to the game even when it's not warranted. It's a disaster pit.

In other news, RIP The Armory 3.0.

We hardly knew ye.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Seashell Salesman posted:

It's pretty unfair to say all companions are bad because Willow. There might be a bunch of creepy Willow-esque companion mods on the Nexus but there are definitely serious ones that match the tone and aesthetics of the game. I tend to only use the companions while I'm doing their personal quest, as though the whole quest arc were a big escort mission, so for me additional companions with quests are just more quests to do (and I've done each of the vanilla companion quests a million times, so it doesn't help that there are 6 companions in vanilla).

WIllow is the source of that video where Boone learns why he needs to knock first. Does anyone have a link to that one?

Edit: Nevermind, found it. :nws: This still cracks me up every time. :nws:

"Hey have you guys see my nevermind."

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 03:51 on May 15, 2014

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I'm hoping to pick up FO3 on the next steam sale to use with Tale of Two Wastelands, but I have a question about the TTW installer. I know it takes a long time, but is it something I can start up and then, say, go to work, or am I going to need to click on a bunch of dialogue boxes?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

delta534 posted:

If your on windows 7 no or earlier no.

No I won't need to click dialogue boxes or no I can't just leave it to run?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

CFox posted:

I did it a few weeks ago and I don't remember having to click except to start the process and to complete the process. It seems like how long it takes depends entirely on your CPU (and maybe being installed to a SSD helps) so if you got something like an i5-2500 or above it shouldn't take but about 30 minutes.

Ive got an older PC. so it'll probably take longer, but I can just leave it while I sleep or go to work or something...

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Whats the consensus on texture packs? Which is better? Bueno or NMCs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Did you check in My Documents\My Games\New Vegas?