Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Myopic
Mar 27, 2005

It is only logical to bang one's head

Syrant posted:

I just want it to come with a katana and some dorky glasses.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35993

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myopic
Mar 27, 2005

Amstrad posted:

Pfft. I can't recall ever seeing any artwork involving a space marine doing anything other than firing the bolter from the hip. Even on the table they're very much not a long range weapon. It's all about mid to short range fire for effect with those things. Plus the stuff they're shooting at is rarely man-sized, it's all hulking aliens and poo poo.

To be fair you'd assume that space marines have some kind of fancy HUD targeting system linked to their weapon and don't need to aim down the sights in order to be accurate. :spergin:

Anyway, yeah, the bolter sucks. I've been sitting on a better model, based on the old 2nd ed style and the dimensions of the Chinese assault rifle (so it actually fits the 2 hand automatic animations), but I've been too lazy to unwrap and texture it. Have some other 40k meshes too, but they're in the same state. Is there anyone that actually likes unwrapping stuff?

Myopic
Mar 27, 2005

Naky posted:

If you're willing to texture it, send me the meshes. I may not get to it right away, but I can give it a go. Just make sure that the shell ejection covers/charging handles if any are not actually integrated into the mesh itself along with the magazines. So unweld those first else it'll look fairly amateur.

It's alright man, I was being rhetorical! Thanks anyway.

I don't want to inflict this mesh on someone else. I think it looks better than the bolter on the nexus (not hard), but I'm not happy with it on a technical level: too many polys and the topology sucks. I've got a new, not-a-total-POS PC being delivered soon, so I'll probably get around to texturing my meshes then. Not having my machine choke every time there's more than a few hundred thousand faces on-screen means I can bake normals and AO and save myself a lot of hassle in Photoshop :v:

Myopic
Mar 27, 2005

Molerat Boobs is still 12 endorsements shy of being file of the month. Get cracking!

edit: since I'm here, what's everyone's recommendation for overhaul mods that turn NV combat into something a bit more FPSish? Looking to play through it again and I'd like a change of pace. Obviously Project Nevada is a must, but something that ups damage and lowers health would be nice.

Myopic fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Mar 9, 2011

Myopic
Mar 27, 2005

That's awesome - was the nuclear winter mod this one?

Myopic
Mar 27, 2005

Fereydun posted:

So, a fix for this just got released!

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/49420

To make it work with New Vegas, just open up the esp in FNVEdit and change the master file to FalloutNV.esm instead of Fallout3.esm.

edit: Edited the link to the New Vegas version which got uploaded.

If this works for anyone, could you post which ENB config and version you're using? I still have transparent guns when aiming. :(

Myopic
Mar 27, 2005

Synastren posted:

Transparency when aiming is a problem that has yet to be solved, I think. My guns are no longer transparent unless I'm aiming, though, and that's a pretty huge boon!

drat. It's really annoying and obvious for me. Hopefully someone fixes it, because AO and detailed shadows are so nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myopic
Mar 27, 2005

Arenovalis posted:

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/49837

Gyrojet for you duders to mess around with.

Nice work! That'll teach me not to lazily sit on projects for months. :argh: