Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
My Love Story!, duh. Sure, it is also the only relationship, but that isn't important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I am so loving sick of "most popular boy in school" male leads.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

NikkolasKing posted:

Inuyasha and Kagome. It's basically a shoujo manga.

(and yes I'm well aware Inuyasha apparently kicked the Internet's collective dog. But it's an important part of my childhood)

Nostalgia is worthless. Do you have reasons why that particular relationship is interesting other than the fact that you liked it when you were younger?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
No. She was never important and rarely even appears.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I used to think that I liked xxxHolic, but I eventually realized that I just liked Yuuko's hair. There isn't much else to that manga, really.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Princess Resurrection was mostly about using largely defanged horror cliches to tell weird stories. Surprisingly, it wasn't a harem manga. The ED was the only part of the anime worth watching, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Whereas Mysterious Girl X shows the danger of never having premarital sex.

Not that it has anything to do with horimiya or shoujo, of course. I just can't resist a good setup to mock that particular piece of poo poo.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
7 seeds just owns in general. However, I just can't read the current arc as each chapter comes out. I have to wait and read it in batches or the slow pace drives me nuts.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Wait, people still read skip beat? Why not just hire someone to stomp on your genitals with high heels?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Dolphins don't eat cats, but that is only because they never get the chance. (dolphins are assholes)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Soylentbits posted:

I mean that's still a better ending then never bringing it up forever.

Stretch still kind of pisses me off.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Agh, so she really didn't realize it before now?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Pavlov posted:

Yeah usually anime people are so good at reading each other's feelings.

I thought she was being deliberately obtuse.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

JosephWongKS posted:

Tomo-chan is back from hiatus!

I gotta admit, I really was wondering how those two managed to have a kid.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Okay, someone over there has some drat good taste.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Turin Turambar posted:

Sorry, but I'm still not recovered from Stretch.

with that one page they acknowledge that there is something going on there, which is further than goddamn stretch ever got

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Finally, it will become the 4-koma fighting manga it was always meant to be.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

Are there any romance manga where the male character(s) are like the protagonists in shounen romance manga and the female character(s) are like the protagonists in shoujo manga? Because there's usually some degree of variety among the appearance and personality of protagonists of both genres (though less so for shounen), but the love interests almost always fit one of several molds and, in the case of shoujo, all look almost the exact same (I'm having a tough time thinking of a single shoujo where the primary love interest doesn't have the same haircut).

I would also be curious about the complete opposite, where the boys are all shoujo manga love interests and the girls are all like something out of a harem manga.

That sounds like a good premise for a comedy manga, but probably not. I'm not sure how one would manage to kludge together such incompatible settings, since shounen harem protagonists are human garbage.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Cephas posted:

I could totally go for a manga about an awesome girl hero from a shounen manga and a sweet romantic boy from a shoujo manga, though.

I'm starting to think that we have read entirely different shounen and shoujo manga. Shoujo male love interest usually means rear end in a top hat, and shounen female love interest usually means cardboard cutout.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah, you should read better manga.

My Love Story is basically shounen action hero + shoujo romantic lead

No, he is absolutely a side character put in the role of romantic lead. It just so happens that side characters tend to own.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Yeah, there are a lot of shoujo male romantic leads who aren't 8 foot tall walking stick borderline rapists. The cliche just comes up so very much in trashy shoujo manga that I've read that I see it as the standard, I guess.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

What, were you not aware that someone is buying people rear end avatars?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

The Devil Tesla posted:

Oh I know, I just thought it was funny that your post came out of a talking butt.

Funny and accurate, yes.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Schubalts posted:

That discussion just makes me think Tomo-chan is the best romance.

True, having them both be idiots is fun.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

jackofarcades posted:

This kind of at first felt like smut but I do like it.

Oh, this is pretty great and is pretty close to Prunus Girl's feel.

Also check out Family Compo - a comedy about a recently orphaned college freshman(?) goes to live with his aunt and uncle, but finds out they're both trans.

I liked the family, but the protagonist was a weiner.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i was all happy about how the best boy won in kiss him, not me. however, the manga decided to remind everyone that the protagonist is still the worst girl and she doesn't deserve the best boy.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

It's only sort of on-topic because it's a) a sports manga and b) like 150 chapters behind in scans, but I wanted to say that I really dig Baby Steps' core romance. It's v cute and refreshing to have two protagonists get together early on and be very much into each other without any wacky drama or pratfalls involved. I ran through the raws without being able to actually read them, and it's just very cute and good even without fully grasping the context.

same here. i just skim through the tennis matches because they go much, much too long.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that random jerk is doing more to salvage those two's relationship than anything they have done themselves

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's a little too real

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
uhhh

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i got tired of the seemingly endless series of girls who showed up expecting the mc to prove that she was good enough for her bf. there probably weren't all that many, but it was such a dull plot to begin with.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i wasn't sure about the new girl at first but now i am totally into her walking in at the worst possible moment every chapter

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there's another reason not to read shounen romance manga- it will never come to a satisfactory conclusion.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oof. harem ends shouldn't include time-traveling daughters.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i just read the last chapter so i wouldn't know

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Schubalts posted:

It didn't. They were just still hanging around, trying to get him to gently caress their mom first.

i posted that immediately after reading the final chapter, without reading anything else from the manga. the lead up to a big orgy explicitly included the time traveling daughters. there isn't a whole lot of ambiguity to "let's have a three-way with me and my mom!", and i very much think less of you as a person that you'd defend such a thing.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
zoglin's spending all his time in the hyperbolic time chamber and will eventually emerge, visibly older but with more drinking girls chapters.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
usually when the basic premise of a manga is based on one particular girl, that girl wins.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i bet zoglin would have included an explanation of who those people are. we miss you, zoglin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Mikl posted:

Nakoruru: a character from the Samurai Showdown series of fighting games. Very cute but also very awesome, she can definitely kick your rear end. Has a falcon.

Doi Hansuke: strict but kind-hearted ninja school teacher from the manga series (later an anime) Rakudai Ninja Rantarou.

Amami Yuki: Japanese actress and seiyuu (hence the 2.5D note), born 1967. Most notable voice role is Grammammare in Hayao Miyazaki's Ponyo, but she's done a whole lot of live-action stuff.

Otonashi Kyoko: female lead of the Takahashi Rumiko manga (also later an anime) Maison Ikkoku, a young widow who's the manager of the titular boarding house. Personality-wise she's a kind, sweet, hard-working homemaker -- basically a Perfect Japanese Waifu.

no, i'm capable of using google. i would have preferred the zoglin method, is all.