Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

He's in a euro band. Their drummer died of old age a little while ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Last Chance posted:

It is funny how stern has become Imus.

Stern is TWENTY YEARS older now than Imus was when Stern was clowning on him for being an out of touch old fossil at WNBC.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

EngineerJoe posted:

There's debate in this household about whether Alec Baldwin will ever recover from this. Personally, I think he's enough of a narcissist that he will be fine.

I think he'll be fine, but I don't think the movie will be made now. Perhaps I am being naive, tho.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Bonzo posted:

I feel like Dice would really fit in with the Joe Rogan crowd but he's too old.

He's too old also in the sense that he's stuck in the 80s. He probably doesn't "get" podcasts or "the email" or "interwebs".

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I don't know what show it was for, but of course Eric hosed it up. Unless it eventually led to the In Plain Sight appearance?

Also, I don't recall One Tree Hill ever being a part of that.

Eric's appearances were, from my memory:

American Dreams
Fringe (boom!)
In Plain Sight
A bunch of WWE stuff, which involved Bobby Rood (sp?) talking smack about beating the poo poo out of him.
That show on FX, that starred a comedian I can't remember...
Brickleberry, as a voice (or did he turn that down because of satanic reasons?)

Pretty sure that was TNA. Don't think he ever got to the "big leagues" rasslin promotion.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

beep by grandpa posted:

Artie Lange as outlived Norm MacDonald, Kobe Bryant and now Lowtax

Holy poo poo. First heard it here then checked gbs. seriously?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

haljordan posted:

drat, that sucks. Remember how livid Howard got when she (correctly) called him a starfucker and they had to edit his rant out of the replays?

Oh man I'd love to hear that.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Sand Monster posted:

It clocks in at over 38 minutes of the kind of venom that hadn't been heard in many years. Of course, it, like all of the "I was out of my mind back then!" slip ups in the evolved era, has been scrubbed from existence. I saved it and will have to find a way to upload somewhere.

Oh man please upload it. My favorite Stern stuff is when someone goes after him, even slightly, and he legit loses his poo poo.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

kylej posted:

The best reply from that

"Who is this and what does he do that makes him famous?"

How would you even answer if the person asking was under 30?

He was the announcer for a couple years for the guy before Jimmy Fallon? He asked celebrities dumb questions on a drive time radio show?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Stern's ideas of what the show could be when they moved to Sirius were really awesome, poo poo like being able to just pop on the radio at any time whenever he felt like it, populating sort of an entire universe of shows that interacted with each other all day long, all the special live poo poo they could do, but he was either too old or too rich to care about doing anything when it came down to it.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Former Human posted:

One of Howard's best lines about Gary's appearance was "your mouth looks like a racist cartoon."

lol

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

barnold posted:

never forget that bob saget raped and killed a girl in 1990

How rude!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

DeadBonesBrook posted:

I sometimes think about Artie singing that "Laassss Vegassss, Jennifer Halloway, Jennifer Halloway" song while being carted around drunk in the wheelchair and laugh.

I have no idea why but me too. It's such perfect derangement.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

wesleywillis posted:

FTFY

Hate him. I think his IQ places himin the "dull" category, or whatever they call it, but dull people can learn, and be clever and manipulative etc..

As much as I like Beet, Bigfoot is currently my favorite living wack packer.

It is.

Isn't Bigfoot dead?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Sand Monster posted:

Original Bigfoot (the one who was in Big Fish), yes.

The new Bigfoot ("it is") is alive and still terrorizing people in Vermont, I believe.

Huh, 2 big foots. Big Feets.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Lifespan posted:

All this Jeff talk and no one ever posted the fall. I have seen this a million times now and I still laugh every time I watch it. It is just SO SLOW:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC2tAI3Jr5I

Like that guy said just the effort of saying "no" set him off balance.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Kragger99 posted:

Made another today. Because the edits are so quick after he falls, it's hard to get the effects to work - tried a "YOU DIED" one as well, but I think the HTV clip is too short.

https://i.imgur.com/6mN0cs7.gifv

Elden Ring where you walk around and see ghost Jeff the Drunks falling down in various places.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Ralph Hurley posted:

I watched it again a few years ago with someone who didn’t have a strong feeling either way about Stern. Her takeaway was “so this guy’s greatest accomplishment is fighting for his freedom to make penis jokes on the radio?”

Aside from swindling Sirius out of hundreds of millions of dollars it's certainly up there.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Your Gay Uncle posted:

It's not just Eagles fans, it's Philidelphia in general. Flyers fans booed at an anti cancer psa because a Penguins player was in it. Philly fans booed at Santa and threw snowballs at him. It was "free battery" night at a Philly's game and the Philly fans decided to chuck batteries at opposing players. There are underground tunnels from the stadiums to the opposing teams hotels, because if they tried to drive they'd be mobbed with pitch forks and torches. Maybe some cheesesteaks too

Philly has passionate fans. Always Sunny taught me that.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Bonzo posted:

Oh a great Richard story.

Howard 100 news did a story where some fan of the show contacted Richard and asked if he would put in an appearance at her husband's birthday party. Seems the guy was a huge fan of Death and Richard, but had no idea what the Stern Show was or even that Richard was a part of the main cast.

Did Howard lose his mind?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Shes Not Impressed posted:

I feel like blowin my mind up

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Doesn't a drug court program mean he had to take it?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Lifespan posted:

Honest question, does anyone who participates in this thread still listen to the show? I feel like I was one of the stalwarts but even I jumped ship at the beginning of the year.

I stopped listening shortly after Artie left.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Szyznyk posted:

I’ll always miss the talk about Jackie’s shanties, his terrible music, his low rent products, and his deeply untalented wife. But I think my favorite show moment is Artie losing the football pick-‘em to Daniel Carver and the sponsor having to come in and hand a Klansman a $25k check.

It's hard to imagine what the show would have been if Jackie had hung on all these years and we never got Artie.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Lifespan posted:

Boat? He has been seeing the same guy who keeps him anonymous 3+ times a week for probably 20 years now. The guy has probably bought a place next door to him in the Hamptons by now. But honestly, I just opened up a calculator and punched in a few differently numbers and I am pretty sure he has paid the guy well over $1m by now.

That sounds extraordinary low. Therapist is a fool if he hasn't been upselling Howard on services like 24/7 availability and poo poo like that.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

haljordan posted:

Kind of like when Brad Garrett was on the show. God was that a great appearance.

I never heard of that. What happened?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

barnold posted:

is it physically possible for this thread to be on the rails to begin with? let's be real. we're all a bunch of lowest common deniners, completely out of our minds. nobody is liveposting the show itt

lol imagine someone coming in here and trying to livepost during a show

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

haljordan posted:

Didn't he cheat on that girl

Oh so you want to talk about cheating, huh? You wanna go down that road? Cause I got some poo poo we could talk about right now!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

beep by grandpa posted:

he's gone, howard did him so dirty it made me sick to my stomach when people were posting about it here. just absolutely monstrous. howard is not a good person, regardless of his 14 therapy appointments a week.

Scott the Engineer? What happened?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

What's that about fixed rating ?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

haljordan posted:

Imagine looking how Ralph did in the 90s and thinking you're qualified to judge anybody's attractiveness

I've never seen Ralph but I have such a specific and detailed idea of what he looks like in my head for so many years I don't think I ever want to see him.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Cessna posted:

here's a picture of ralph

This is, no joke, A LOT closer to my mental image than you'd think.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Now that's a loving promo.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

In the middle of the whole rant "...and I'm giving her my number..." lol

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Your Gay Uncle posted:

There's a show on HBO called Winning Time and it's all about the beginning of the Lakers dynasty in the 80's. It has Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul Jabar and Pat Riley. I know it will never happen because the timelines dont match up but it would be great if they covered Magic's late night show anfld Howard relentlessly mocking him.

Am I crazy or would Jesse Eisenberg make a good younger Howard Stern?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

haljordan posted:

What I want to know is how the gently caress High Pitch is still alive

Who's High Pitch?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Your Gay Uncle posted:

This is completely anecdotal and an incredibly small sample size, but the only comparison to Riley I have is a woman named Kerry Cassidy. She has a youtube show where she talks about space aliens, spiders from space invading Vietnam, Annunaki, etc. The Knowledge Fight podcast does episodes on her occasionally and they are amazing.

She is a looney space alien believer, and she fell hard for Q. I wouldn't be surprised if Riley had gone Q crazy as well, but who knows.

In the old days there seemed to be a divide between ufo/time travel/vague mysterious government conspiracies and the full on Jews rule the world/Hillary has killed everyone/It's the Rapture conspiracy worlds. But maybe the political stuff has taken over completely. There seemed to be more of a divide when Art Bell was doing his thing before George Noory came along.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Kissing Rhea Pearlman means you've kinda kissed Danny Devito and that is a loving honor.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I would absolutely take an rear end loving for 250k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Two Kings posted:

On PPV? At Giants Stadium? 12 inches?

I get that everyone has a price but after taxes you’re probably only just getting a nice addition to a house.

Well now we're gonna have to talk my cut of the gate and PPV points!