Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Benjy might be on thin ice though. On Friday's wrap up show they said the show was working better with Benjy not in the studio and so they expect that he will never be invited back in. Given that he has supposedly gone a little extra crazy being stuck outside (a decision Howard left up to Marci), I'm willing to bet he will keep pushing his luck until they completely knock the odd out of him or fire him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Moniker posted:

They are off this week and next

Because it's Presidents Day on Monday! That definitely justifies a two week vacation.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Of course, it's just annoying when you fire up the radio on what is just a random week and hear them replaying segments from a month ago. I'm not offended when they take a whole week off when there is a single, "major" holiday in the week. These random ones suck, and random two week breaks... ugh.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Yeah, there was a different article a few days back. Crazy because I actually remember this call and can't say I'm shocked someone decided to get litigious about it.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Howard's vacation curse is looking too real... but then again he is on vacation for half of the year for 50/50 chance.

I always did feel sorry for her though with how her husband died. And don't forget that she was Starla in Napoleon Dynamite.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I wanna thank all yall... for what you do to your bodies.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

This is one of my favorite old bits. "Hey Bob! Bob on this!"

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

GobiasIndustries posted:

Artie's on the new HBO show Crashing, I enjoyed him in the 1st episode.

Yup, first episode was good and Artie was solid. My wife is not a Stern fan (and would not be an Artie fan if she knew some things about him) and thought he was hilarious.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Surprised this hasn't shown up in here yet:
http://www.techtimes.com/articles/1...ay-be-fired.htm

Opie did a YouTube Live stream of the SiriusXM building and convinced a cleaning lady to let him in to the Stern area until getting caught by security. Sounds like they are being over dramatic about him being fired, but he definitely got in to trouble.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Just listened to the Holmes podcast and good lord, Artie is the most fragile drat person. I can understand him getting emotional about the situation, but clearly the other two were supportive. He is so afraid of not being the Jersey hard rear end yelling f****t that he runs out of the podcast and doesn't show up to their live show. He got that upset talking about his family's struggle after his father died young... decades ago... that they have long since recovered from. I would say he needs some solid therapy, but clearly that is an understatement.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
The MSRP of that TV was $3k when he got it, so realistically it was probably worth $2k if he wanted to resell it. Of course he left it unopened for at least a year and then it was never brought up again (after the Artie fights). Odd stuff.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Just watching episode 2 of Chasing and they go full Stern. A "fan" yells Bababooey to Artie and gives him a beer and an Artie fan asked Pete Holmes "So you have met Howard Stern?"

I actually kinda back Artie on Apatow showing up on the show because there are enough Stern references in that episode that he really should be on.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Sand Monster posted:

I didn't know episode 2 was out yet. What night do new episodes air?

Usually Sunday night, but they are streaming most Sunday shows early this week because of the Oscars.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

haljordan posted:

It was pretty funny to hear Howard yell about Twitter. Kinda like hearing your grampa yell at the TV because there's too many goldarn channels these days.

It's the same as the period of time when he was railing on podcasts everyday. Yes, no one has a $500 million contract to make a podcast and most of are ones like Eric the Actor commenting on American Idol, but there are definitely some that have a higher listener count than the Stern show and are quite profitable. Hell, to me his show is a (expensive) podcast. I never listen live, I just download a few at a time and listen to them on my phone.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
This week's quote about him not being gay and having Donny Walburg "suck his cock and cum on his loving face" made me laugh out loud...

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Looking very forward to listening the show tomorrow on the way to work. I downloaded it this evening and when I saw the title said "Lance Armstrong", I was curious if that was "Lance Armstrong discussion" or if he finally came out of hiding and was ready to expose all on Stern.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Former Human posted:

Her mic was awful yesterday. It sounded like she was on Skype. She had an ISDN line when she was sick before so I wonder if she wasn't even at her house yesterday.

Yeah, I am 99% sure she was on Skype or something similar. The quality was in and out and even at its best, she definitely was not on studio quality equipment in her house.

Also listened to the Armstrong interview and yup, he is a boring interview. Stern was doing anything he could to pull something interesting out of the guy and he clearly has spent too much time being briefed by lawyers in his life. "You know what bro? I'm not trying to make excuses or nothing..."

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

prefect posted:

You can get ampersands on license plates?

If you ask for an ampersand on your license plate it will be tossed. ...Anyway, peace and love, peace and love.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

lynch_69 posted:

Joey Boots dead of heroin overdose.

And once again, I am really interested to hear Artie's take.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
They recently had Beetlejuice's engagement visit on Sternthology. I totally forgot about his best line ever:

Howard: "Are you getting a pre-nup?"
Beet: "Yeah, I got one of those."
Howard: "What is a pre-nup?"
Beet: "...Sploopy?"

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

BobbyK posted:

I never shot it which doctors say is really bad. I just can't stand needles

They mention paraphernalia. Wonder if that was just a straw/razor/mirror or if they actually found needles.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Former Human posted:

Apparently that's the level of expectation people have with Artie these days. Well he's not dead, he's only in jail.

These days? People have felt that way for at least 13 years now...

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Howard has seemed to imply that they actually did try to bring Sour on staff before but he is too crazy to contain. He definitely still does pre-planned bits with them, so I assume they are at least paying him a little something on those occasions.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Unfortunately Howard blew right over it, but in Sour's last call he totally snuck in a perfect "Bailey the Bedbug" impression. Too bad he's nuts, because he is freaking hilarious.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
That's an awesome story. "Be proud."

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Saw this on YouTube and found it pretty good: https://youtu.be/oJewgWh0Sjs

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Moniker posted:

#baldfuckingasshole
#dumbfuck
#loser
#baldasshole

Certificate appreciation which is very high

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
It still weirds me out when I hear Benjy talk and remember that he is almost 50. He sounds like he is 20, and an immature 20 at that.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Sticking to the "Beetlejuice playing a game" theme, I'll add "The Answer is 5":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_0wVVWHvDg

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I'm not a big Shuli fan, but you can tell he is important to the staff. He is the "Wack Pack Whisperer" and I think he does write quite a bit. As far as Underdog Lady, I don't think he is stringing her along more than any other wack packer. The best ones don't really understand why they are so interesting (or funny), so I don't think his relationship with her is any worse than anyone else. Hell, he and many others that have worked with the wack pack like 2 Live Jew have come away with funny stories but have said that they end up taking a true liking to the people and consider them friends.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
The Gary v Shuli thing actually extended out for about a full week on the wrap up show and a few more segments on Stern. It sucks that Howard won't let staff visit the wrap up show anymore because it could have been interesting, but it was still the best staff fight of the last couple of years.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Former Human posted:

Shuli and Gary both come off as douches but if you read between the lines it sounds like Gary is more upset that Shuli is creating more work for him, when Gary would rather browse his email and eat black-and-white cookies three days a week than actually behave like a real producer.

Totally disagree. It sounded to me like Shuli wanted in everyday and was pissed when Gary would would hold him back because Shuli is OK in small doses. ...But that is why the show is still so much fun.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
So is Robin still out of the studio? They have had a few "microphone problems" over the past few weeks and she still sounds heavily compressed. Howard has regularly described something visual in detail more than usual before asking Robin for her response. It definitely sounds a lot like it did a few years ago...

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Former Human posted:

Based on Robin's half-baked Oprah-style platitudes and strident preaching the last two days I'm pretty sure her cancer has returned and spread to her brain.

Her response to the Syria bombing made absolutely no sense. Howard let her off way too easy for that meaningless rant.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
So Robin is definitely not in the studio. On Wednesday's show, they were promoting Monday's Takei birthday show and all the gay stuff that was going to happen and she mentioned "Do you really want to do that? You guys are in there!"

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Looks like Artie has been submitted by HBO for a best supporting actor Emmy for Chasing. He also mentioned that Judd Apatow did try appear on the Stern show to promote Chasing and was turned down...

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
There were definitely times in the past that Robin was a real part of the show, but now the only reason she is there is for Howard to focus on her. Not only is she not in the studio again, but her news reading is horrendously bad and unprepared and half the time when Howard tries to include her in a conversation, she just repeats half of what he just said and trails off. She has to be pulling down a pretty large salary, especially for someone whose only involvement in the show is when it is live (so 12 hours a week, 36? weeks a year), and she still seems completely uninterested and uninvolved.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
"Hey Howard, have you heard about the... uh... new try... uh or... attempt with cars that can drive themselves?"
*Howard talk about it a bit*
"Well a new study from the... uh... NYU... Syracuse... engineers engineering department say it is coming sooner than you think. Doctor... Muuuuu... Mure... Moore found that computers are getting smarter, 1-8."

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

JB50 posted:

can you give us the gist of it. Did a caller bring it up?

Odd rant. It started as commenting on unofficial biographies, but turned in to ranting about people lying about him. He did make a fair point that he hates anyone having influence on the show other than himself, so why would he hire Turk to control content. She is there is organize the office, but not dictate content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

DeadBonesBrook posted:

I'm listening to it now and it sounds like he is sending a message out to Artie more than anything.

It's definitely sad that Artie as guest will probably never happen. Jackie as a guest years back was great, but Artie would probably be incredible since he does not really hold back and you have years of substance abuse, his suicide attempt, his current fight against the show, and the fact that he was never replaced.