Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

LeschNyhan posted:

What if we set their woods on fire?
This....this is a good idea. Set the woods behind them on fire, though, so they push out towards the firebase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Double post: the Google Doc has been updated; I added up to turn 16 despite my crippling laziness....I hope it doesnt take us longer than that to kill these last three fuckers off :v:

That has my likely orders on it: run to 1018 and shoot at the B-Z.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I know there are mediums and assaults with AC/20s, but what about heavies? I cant think of one and it kinda confuses me why there are no heavies with an AC/20.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Grognan posted:

boom jaeger is totally doable with a standard even. You just end up being slow, but scary to the anyone that happens to find you around a corner. got a kodiak to freak out once and whiff any chance of doing something because taking 40 mwo damage to the ct spooked him that bad.
Boom Cat is better if you ask me. The guns are torso mounted in a central location so it is much much easier to concentrate your AC/20 shots. Or least it was 3 years ago, heh. Also you can save weight on arm armor, by not having any.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

PoptartsNinja posted:

Neither design is particularly good in tabletop.
For sure; that discussion is an MWO specific one :v:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I have updated the google doc with this turn's data.

I am still a turn away from joining the fight :(

Whats this about a reckless move that RA Rx mentioned?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Have we heard from Sair at all? I dont see any posts by him recently. If he is afk a second turn do we get to submit proxy orders for him?

My orders are in to run as close as I can, but I will still not be in weapon range unfortunately :(

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Well that was a brutal turn, yikes. I'm not sure if I should push forward into the meatgrinder with both of my arms missing armor with so little left on our side...

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I think we should wait for the Black Watch to trundle up before we got whole hog, but we dont have much left so I'm not really sure what to suggest. I am worried that I am vulnerable and probably their last objective target and thus should probably hang back like Gwaihir pointed out.

Artificer posted:

12/14 driven off? Wait is one of the 3 remaining Society mechs retreating?
One left last turn when it failed a morale check.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

chktshadeclaw posted:

I'm gonna cross over the middle of the hill - I move fastest on my jumpjets anyway, so there's no real reason not to. It looks like it will take about three turns for me to finish crossing, so keep that in mind.
You'll be in position to shoot next turn if you simply go straight forward both this turn and next, while going anywhere on the hill gets you in sight in, at best, three turns.

My Dragoon II has three open sections on the front and a total of 19 armor facing the front, including only 4 on the head, so with the consideration that it is the Society's goal to knock me out, I think I need to say hidden this turn.

What are our lights planning? There is not much on the google doc....

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Defiance Industries posted:

I'm gonna be honest, with that Sept in place I only have one move I can possibly do and it's a suicide run. I'm gonna get in behind him, fire everything and hope I hit the RTR
What about waiting a turn or two for a group effort at going for the rear?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm going to 1113 I guess. Good hunting fellas.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I've been debating what to say. I'm essentially out of the fight because of the lack of armor on my Dragoon II that is a commander, and we are making an educated guess that The Society is going after commanders.

At this point I am leaning "Take the win" but I am undecided on whether the Society commander should escape. Logic tells me that we have faster units and if they try to escape they would get chased down by our lights and even my 4/6 Dragoon II.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

painedforever posted:

I think PTN will first give us the y'know, denouement. Then he'll call for the vote.

So, just to clarify, I vote that we take the win. Speaking fairly, I don't think we could have done enough damage to kill the Osteon before it fled unless we got very lucky. So, let her go.
I'm going to go ahead and agree with this considering there has not been much invested discussion either way and this is sensible enough.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Alright team, unless someone says otherwise, I am not going to be submitting orders tonight because I am assuming that we won.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

painedforever posted:

I think we're done, dude. Parry's dead, Lesch is unconscious, and Defiance is half-dead. You're all shot up to hell. And chktshadeclaw won't reach the front lines until after the time-skip.

Did we do well, I wonder? I had a ton of fun. This was my first BattleTech game, and I loved every second of it, including being shot in the head. Getting to possess the soul of a Clanner as Marduk's angry ghost was just icing on the cake. But I have no idea if we played well or not.
I personally could have played better. I feel like we as a team could have played better with regards to coordination and planning, but I didnt want to come across as -or be- a micromangey dick so I tried to offer suggestions while shying away from making declarative statements about what people should do. In a situation like this where we do not have a clear or defined leader to give us direction I think we did well. But I also feel like Defiance Industry's Light Mech Bullshit carried us farther than :battletech: luck could have taken us otherwise. That ringout on the Turkina was so incredibly :vince:. Imagine if this Osteon had a buddy firing 25% more missiles at us, too...

I had a ton of fun and look forward to hopefully doing it again one day. After seeing what Defiance did I am inclined to hope for getting a pair of lights next time :v:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Who is Duncan Marik? I havent seen much on whats up with the FWL in the PTN timeline.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

thetruegentleman posted:

The Society managed to achieve two of their objectives? Considering that they got whomped, that's rather interesting; one objective was probably the death of the leader here (whoops?), and the second is probably the escape of Nadia, which I presume won the vote?

The third is probably either "don't lose a heavy mech to a light" (MVP Defiance Industry) , or "don't let the Legion land, because they'll rat out the coup to the Inner Sphere", who will probably be happy to prove to the Crusader Clans that they need to send a bunch of mechs home.
What? They have been at 2/3 for a long while because they were aiming for commanders. My Dragoon II, a commander, is still standing though missing most of its armor. I am pretty proud that i took this much of a beating but did not lose a single point of structure.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kiiiinda disappointed that the NRWR company didn't have umbrellas, but then they may be too powerful...

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

:unsmith: I'm glad we were able to call the Legion down. Have fun fellas.

Also thank you for the MVP votes everyone, I was not expecting that on my first go-round! I also personally thought I could have done a lot better but thinking back, I guess I did do a lot of work.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Gwaihir posted:

Talons multiply kick and DFA damage by 1.5 (rounding up), so...

:staredog: That's 23 damage kicks without TSM or *46* with it activated. On an effectively piloting 2 pilot.

e: Rofl, tacops notes do specify that, just in case anyone was wondering, when combining Talons and TSM, if you perform a DFA attack, the damage is not double by Active TSM.
So those guns are there to generate heat, not to actually kill things. Got it.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Gwaihir posted:

I'm just wondering what kind of force PTN is putting together to go toe to toe with these 12 mechs.

I mean, we've seen (briefly, lol) the Turkina Z and Osteon Prime. Where do you even go from a Turkina Z though haha. I guess there's potentially a mess of mechs packing headcappers and tarcomps?
A <set of whatever the Society calls their group of 7 units> of six Turkina Zs and a Cephalus.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Zaodai posted:

I hope they do have some psuedo-elementals, if only to see one crack open the cockpit of a Legion machine and immediately get punched in the face.
I need this to happen.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Why would the SLDF be that against new colonies?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Gwaihir posted:

activate TSM and let you dash in and kick the leg off whatever just hit you.
I really *really* want to see all enemy mechs die via legging via TSM empowered kicks. It will be the stompy robot version of that scene from Terminator 2.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Gwaihir posted:

3) I have no idea here!
I am pretty sure I remember seeing "Yes you can jump in the tunnels but no you cannot jump over enemy units"

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Isnt the Mauler also considered an anti-air mech that doesnt have torso twist? It is the most :battletech: thing ever that dedicated anti-air mechs cant torso twist - you would they would be the mechs designed to spin 360.

DatonKallandor posted:

Mech Quirks are cool and good.
Indeed. They add some variety where there are a bunch of mechs that otherwise would be nearly identical. Hardpoints also help with that, but those dont seem to be a thing in tabletop yet.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

painedforever posted:

Wait, what really?

None of the books I have say so. Sarna says that it was based on a failed design so they renamed it. And it was kinda nasty in MW4.
The base design has 4 AC/2s, though, so....yeah.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

DatonKallandor posted:

The Bushwacker is the coolest mech and it always will be.
Thankfully that was the starter mech in MW3, wasnt it?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Preechr posted:

If you want it to really live up to the Charger name, it would have to consistently choke and fall over 10 meters before it reached the endzone target mech.
:golfclap:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

:allears:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

What happened to the Nova Cats in this timeline?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm all for a new thread if it includes a recap and links to the related events :v:

Yes I know asking that is a massive undertaking

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

PoptartsNinja posted:

If you don't want to see me again for 2-3 years, sure. Realistically this isn't feasible.
Oh I know, that was simply my regret at not keeping up with the thread to begin with talking. A simple recap should be fine.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Xarbala posted:

And in this timeline the Star League's image was already compromised, and enough of the truth stuck around that the romantic myth didn't really have room to take hold. Partly because Kerensky left on much less romanticizable(?) terms.
I missed this bit...what did ol' Alexi do different in this timeline? Is there an update I can read?

GhostStalker posted:

Well, without the Magistracy around, what with it being folded into the NRWR, I'm gonna assume Ana-Marie Centrella doesn't have the same dosh around to bankroll Kamea and the Arano Restoration, if she still exists in this timeline.
Same question here - is there an update I can read to get a good rundown on what happened?

I'm just fascinated by the timeline that PTN has created with this because it is so much less....poo poo. and so much less full of mary-sues, both individuals and author merc companies.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Capellan Confederation
Sun Wu
Is this a play on Sun Tzu?

Also that was wonderful and left me thirsting for more.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

PoptartsNinja posted:

Red Primer Gray dawn in the homeworlds with the Wolverines leading the resistant movement.
It's there a way to just plug this poo poo into my veins? I can't get enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

What's the whole story with Skye being a separate entity on the map in this timeline? I know in Canon BT it has a very strong separititist sentiment so I would have to guess that they manage to actually pull off getting their freedom in this timeline.

• Locked thread