Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Alternative, I could just hop behind the guy, because it'd be a guaranteed kill, but eff that poo poo, I'm bringing the Hussar down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
...tell me more about this 'charge'

And does it count in universe as a kill?

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

That feels so gamist :(

As long as it's redeemed in game somehow, I wouldn't mind trying it. Otherwise, I'd have to shoot it to death, uncool otherwise.

Edit: Shooting it is!

Edit2:The question now is, do I kick? I'd really hate to lose this because of a bad kick that sent me falling on to my ammo or something.

Edit3: As far as I can figure, it'd be a 7 to hit, and then a 7 pilot check if it fails, giving me a 50% chance of good 25% of nothing and 25% of bad.

Hmmm (I think anyway, my math is terrible)

Pladdicus fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Feb 1, 2011

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Agent Interrobang posted:

Basically, as long as you end your turn adjacent to and facing an enemy mech, you can kick once the shooting phase is resolved. Melee attacks always happen after shooting.

I know about kicking, just wondering if it's worth it. My kick deals tonnage/5 damage(8 in this case) which would be pretty devastating. Yeah. Ima go for it.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Orders sent as well. Let us pray on the dice rolls.

Edit: Question, will we be 'owning' the mech pilots we currently control, or will their owners be cycled between.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Axe-man posted:

I'm not sure how PTN will play it but usually, the merc group owns the mech and instead just gives you the one you have either earned or fit your abilities.

What I meant is that, the characters, do they belong to us? or are they just our puppets for the current battle, and will other forumgoers will represent them in other battles?

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Great, a mix of anticipation AND fear.

Grabbing fresh pants.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

WarLocke posted:

Yeah flamers add heat to the target, makes them marginally better than MGs. :downs:

The fact they don't explode (how does -that- make sense, they're BASED on combustion) also marginally helps :)

(ohgod I'm going to die)

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
*brushes off jacket*

Sorry ladies, I'm taken. :kamina:

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Tremendous work all around, you guys did awesome, taking out that Dragon was simply perfect.

:respek:

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
I'd recommend myself, just for the sheer luck of my ammo not exploding early in, but I'll toss it to the Grif just for taking out that Dragon like a champ. That was brilliant.

As for enemies, definetly Hussar. Argh. drat him.

Edit:

Here's a picture of a robot

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Helter Skelter posted:

Flamers supposedly work by venting drive exhaust. Which to me sounds like it should actually reduce the heat of the mech firing it a bit rather than raise it, but hey, what do I know.

Best not to ask questions.

(also, best episode in Community)

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Sigh. I want to say otherwise, not wanting to waste our stunning win, but.

A

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Oh my god, did I seriously play in the first battle of this thread FOUR YEARS AGOISH!? What in gods name.

How's everyone doing, sorry I vanished.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Mukaikubo posted:

It is a fairly detailed set of rules for basically running an entire mercenary unit (or pirate, or house unit, but mostly mercs) through battles and campaigns for basically as many months/years as you like, generating the appropriate opfors for each battle via random assignment tables and integrating with MekHQ and Megamek so that things tend to just all work together. Fun tool, I have been using it since it was a set of pen and paper rules where you had to track everything and manually put forces into Megamek for every single battle instead of being able to do things automatically. As an example, I have a game going right now where I have a merc unit around 3027 that has a company of battlemechs and a single pair of ASFs with its own run down Union dropship, it is a few campaigns into its existence and I just accepted a pirate hunting contract out in the Davion outback. Every week while you are on a contract, each lance you have deployed has a random chance of getting involved in a battle you play out against the bot in Megamek, and you keep up with salvage, repair mechs between battles, et cetera.

That sounds amazing. Where do you get these.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
C

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Aw yeah! Another chance to blow poo poo up! Went well last time (first battle of this LOOOONG thread I think)

any thoughts or advice at this time? I assume go full tilt to clear up deployment as I am a light. (Ostscout)

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
What is the bracketed movement value? And do I for real have up to 20MP!?

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Zaodai posted:

It's your movement when using MASC.

Fascinating! And terrifying!

I'm still basically paper, so, basically good securing sudden surprising flanks I suppose!

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
The blue tinted versus white, is that current versus max? What does it mean on heat sinks?
Regarding the mech info pages:

Also, am I correct in assuming that the Gunsmith would be good for counter infantry due to its weapons/speed? And that the Ostscout is suited to countering ECM/painting target for missiles dudes? If so, is there any target in particular that it should be focusing on? Looking to try to figure out an overall gameplan to submit my turn.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
My apologies! I read the saturday date and just kind of assumed the tuesday deadline was for the following one!

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
I'll work on getting orders in today, is there a terrain legend? I assume we're on normal terrain unless there's a tree icon, and the rest is just high designation?

edit: and concrete*

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Ronin Of Dreams posted:

Discussed orders with the #Megamek crew. Alternate orders for the Dragoon II have been submitted to get it moving and contributing, should the need arise. Normally I would pipe up in the thread too, but I have a slammed weekend with extra work shifts and would rather not accidentally miss the hard deadline.

Is there an IRC!?

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Meant to ask MASC does it infer running penalty to aiming or walking?

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Ostscout
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Visigoth 0943 (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 6): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Visigoth 0943 (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement - 4 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 6): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 20!

Ostscout is listed at 2 heat currently, which is what Gunsmith should be (and is!)

The border around the airstrips, is that just signifying that it is now road terrain or is it something else?

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
My plan is to not engage the mechs right now with Ostscout/Gunsmith. I could get to them, but I really don't want to be the vanguard in two light mechs, unless everyone will be in there?

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
oh mother mercy save me, I forgot how much PTN teasing replies hurt.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
So uhh, wrong game I suppose but...

waaaagh?

edit: What's the rules for movement on runways? What causes a piloting check?

Also, blown up planes=difficult terrain?

Pladdicus fucked around with this message at 15:58 on May 6, 2016

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
:c00lbert:

Just the beginning

(Critical Damage! Ammo Detonates! Even though the Gunsmith is all lasers!)

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Tempest_56 posted:

Pladdicus, can I get you to TAG the David this turn? I've been faffing about with numbers and I think I've got a solid salvo on it if you nail it.

Roger, unless someone has counter orders I'll do this.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Need a final decision for what I should tag as the Ostscout.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Orders on time here on out, I sent them super late but not nearly in time to get anything done! Sorry everyone. Also for anyone who wants tagging, I advise updating the gdoc for me, makes it a lot easier for me to refer to when I sit down to submit orders.

Oooh, new objective.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Cross referencing pictures to hex to names is tricky okay :c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Really sorry guys. My kids been home sick since monday, completely gapped this. Been sort of a shadow in the thread since I hosed up like, 3 turns in a row.

THE GREAT SHAAAAME!

• Locked thread